Speedy handles way too short!!!

I like the look of a hand held bag but not as practical. I have been using my speedy and duomo for a while and now that I have my Batignolles H. I feel so liberated!! I can shop so much more easily.....poor hand helds..they will be in my closet for a while! :smile:

Selena

bagnshoofetish said:
I feel the same way. my husband bought me a 25 a few days ago and while I love it to death, I haven't used it yet. maybe as an overnight cosmetics/toiletry bag? I don't know. I think it looks so cute on other people but I am such a shoulder bag girl.

If you want to use it as an overnight bag, I would return it and pay the $60 extra to get the Speedy 40. Just a suggestion!:biggrin:

I do like the speedy when I go out to dinner or to a movie. its a very comfortable bag in that respect and it does have a nice look to it. but If I have things to do...things to buy..I need my shoulder blois bag.

my LV Speedy 30 was my first handbag - not shoulder bag... its taken me a while to use to know having anything on my shoulder... but i find the more i use it - the more im able to be more comfortable with it! :smile:

but if you're looking at getting a second piece of LV maybe look for shoulder one! :smile:

There are 2 types of LV straps that work on most Speedys. In fact the one I use with my perforated doesn't work on the MC. I bought them at the LV store awhile back but I'm sure if you call the toll free number you can track one down...one of them is the monogram design all over it ( which I use with the perf) and the other is solid tan leather. Let me know if you can find them and enjoy being a hands free Speedy girl like me!

I've always thought it was very cute (the way that speedy's are carried on the arm). I am a tad bit worried though as i'm trying to purchase a Chloe edith (which also can only be carried on your arm).

LV ladies assure me that this isn't a big deal!

I ran errands this weekend for the first time with my speedy 25 and it was such an annoying bag to manipulate and still complete errands with. I love the bag :nuts: - don't get me wrong (and I love it even more now that I removed the Purseket from it), but it was hard to hold in the crook of my arm with a puffy down coat, so I'm going to have to get used to holding it and doing what I need to do.

As someone mentioned, it's great if you're going clothes shopping or to dinner or to the movies or even just for everyday office use, but I was in Wal-Mart and an indian grocery store and it just got in the way. I was also with my parents, though, so things were hectic (I was pulled in every different direction). It's still really new, so I'm just overprotective about my newest baby :worried: .

I'll definitely get another shoulder bag next time, though. Nothing against the other LV handheld ones, but the speedy I have meets all of my requirements for a classic handheld.

I am hoping to get a Speedy 30 so I will have to try it on. I am used to my Burberry Chester (similar shape as a Speedy) so I am hoping the handles are about the same. :smile:
I have trouble with shoulder bags always slipping off my shoulders! :shame:

I feel the same way about my Speedy handles. I tend not to carry it much when I shop because I have to either set the bag down on the floor:amazed: or manuver with just my free hand.

I've been researching the Papillon ever since I heard that it's a very light bag- that would be better for me to carry around when I'm running errands. I've always wanted one in damier, anyway. I'll save the speedy for travel and other things.

Janos614 said:
I've been researching the Papillon ever since I heard that it's a very light bag- that would be better for me to carry around when I'm running errands. I've always wanted one in damier, anyway. I'll save the speedy for travel and other things.

If you get the papillon 30, it can double as a hand-held and a shoulder bag. ;)

Coldplaylover said:
There are 2 types of LV straps that work on most Speedys. In fact the one I use with my perforated doesn't work on the MC. I bought them at the LV store awhile back but I'm sure if you call the toll free number you can track one down...one of them is the monogram design all over it ( which I use with the perf) and the other is solid tan leather. Let me know if you can find them and enjoy being a hands free Speedy girl like me!

I did and I absolutley love it. I got the solid leather with the buckle and its adjustable. They dont have them on eluxury though, got it at my local LV store today.