Speedy handles way too short!!!

Feb 1, 2006
Florida
I love my speedy and was going to get the damier when it comes in.....but I am having second thoughts. Love the speedy, it is classic...but its a pain in the neck! I CANT shop with it....cant grocery shop with it....if i have to have both hands free...forget it....I love my Blois bag, the long strap is so comfortable and functional....I think I am getting a bag with a longer handle and will skip another Speedy. Its just not a great every day "friendly" bag. Is it me or what??????? :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

Iluvbags

The original Iluvbags
O.G.
Oct 18, 2005
Somewhere shopping
Funny you should mention that. I just got my Speedy 35 and was used to carrying a multicolor 30.

Is it just me or are the handles on the multicolor a bit longer, just a tad???
The ones on the Speedy did appear short to me

bagnshoofetish

resist.
O.G.
Feb 12, 2006
earth
CrazyBagLady said:
I love my speedy and was going to get the damier when it comes in.....but I am having second thoughts. Love the speedy, it is classic...but its a pain in the neck! I CANT shop with it....cant grocery shop with it....if i have to have both hands free...forget it....I love my Blois bag, the long strap is so comfortable and functional....I think I am getting a bag with a longer handle and will skip another Speedy. Its just not a great every day "friendly" bag. Is it me or what??????? :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:
I feel the same way. my husband bought me a 25 a few days ago and while I love it to death, I haven't used it yet. maybe as an overnight cosmetics/toiletry bag? I don't know. I think it looks so cute on other people but I am such a shoulder bag girl.

H_addict

H is for HOCKEY
O.G.
Jan 29, 2006
ICE RINK
You know, up until a few weeks ago ALL of my Vuitton bags (but Alto and Montsouris) were hand held. Then I got a Petit Noe and I DON'T KNOW HOW I EVER LIVED WITHOUT A SHOULDER BAG!!!:nuts: I can't even imagine taking any of my bags out now!!! You mean I have to carry them in my hand!!! I know exactly what you mean about having your hands free when you shop, etc.!!! I am guessing all my next LV decisions will revolve around the shoulder strap!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Iluvbags

The original Iluvbags
O.G.
Oct 18, 2005
Somewhere shopping
Iluvbags said:
Funny you should mention that. I just got my Speedy 35 and was used to carrying a multicolor 30.

Is it just me or are the handles on the multicolor a bit longer, just a tad???
The ones on the Speedy did appear short to me
I know what it is. i just checked both of my speedy's. The multicolor one had a bigger buckle that connects the strap to the bag, that gives it a little more room than the mono speedy.

Feb 1, 2006
Florida
Iluvbags said:
I know what it is. i just checked both of my speedy's. The multicolor one had a bigger buckle that connects the strap to the bag, that gives it a little more room than the mono speedy.
but you still cant put it on the shoulder can you?

Iluvbags

The original Iluvbags
O.G.
Oct 18, 2005
Somewhere shopping
LV_addict said:
^^^Not unless you are Nicole Richie!!!:lol:
LOL!!! :lol:
No it doesnt fit on my shoulder but its easier to carry b-cuz i can slide it futher up my arm. Like right where my arm folds, you know? It can sit there comfortably. More comfortably that the Speedy 35 in my opnion.

I still love it though

pursegalsf

Handbag Connoisseur
O.G.
Dec 5, 2005
San Francisco
I love my Speedy 30 and it's very comfortable. I've always had shoulder bags and this is my first hand held bag and I :love: it. It can sit comfortably in the fold of my arm.

I :love: Speedys