Special Orders

Fineprint, what is meant is that the special order price is 30% more than the item would be if it was ordered in a stock combination. Does that make sense?

MetroWest, don't despair! I asked about special orders for probably three or four years and was always told no. Then suddenly last year it became yes. I have since gotten two 10 motif gray mother of pearl necklaces and just placed an order for a gray MOP bracelet.

I don't know this for sure, but my impression based on reading this thread for some time is that you may be more likely to have luck at a flagship store (New York, Paris) than a small boutique. But my order was just approved at my local boutique, which is small. I do think that they probably take into account whether you have been a loyal customer.

And I do think money talks – if you were to walk in and spend tens of thousands of dollars, particularly on watches or high jewelry, I am sure that any special order you wanted within reason would be accepted...

And I do think money talks – if you were to walk in and spend tens of thousands of dollars, particularly on watches or high jewelry, I am sure that any special order you wanted within reason would be accepted...

I totally agree. A number of years ago I really wanted a white gold vintage alhambra necklace and tried to place a special order at a smaller VCA boutique, NM, and VCA NYC. I was told just a flat "no" at the first two, but at NYC I was told that the standard answer would be no, but for someone who was a big spender, it probably would be done. And by big spender I assumed that was hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Turns out it didn't matter because I found a lovely white gold vintage alhambra 16 motif necklace in the resale market!!

Just curious, if someone was to sell their special order piece would they get more for it because it is "one of a kind" or less because it is not the standard (what people want or are use to seeing)?

I totally agree. A number of years ago I really wanted a white gold vintage alhambra necklace and tried to place a special order at a smaller VCA boutique, NM, and VCA NYC. I was told just a flat "no" at the first two, but at NYC I was told that the standard answer would be no, but for someone who was a big spender, it probably would be done. And by big spender I assumed that was hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Turns out it didn't matter because I found a lovely white gold vintage alhambra 16 motif necklace in the resale market!!

How lucky you are to have found that, Sbelle. You truly have some of the rarest, most unusual and lovely pieces I have ever seen. :smile:

I finally paid for my first SO, Gray mop 5 motif bracelet in yellow gold. I am beyond excited. I have been told "No" for 3 years, I was starting to feel like a toddler lol! It won't come in for 4 months but I love looking forward to it.
Good for you dialv :happydance: Now I hope you feel like a VCA grown-up :P

I finally paid for my first SO, Gray mop 5 motif bracelet in yellow gold. I am beyond excited. I have been told "No" for 3 years, I was starting to feel like a toddler lol! It won't come in for 4 months but I love looking forward to it.
YAY!!
Can you please tell me how you decided on yg (vs pg or wg)?
I'm literally stuck with this decision. I can't decide and I change my mind each week!!
I'm terrified that after wanting gray mop for years and finally having the opportunity to order it I won't be happy once it arrives because I selected the wrong gold.

Well I went with yg because last year I bought the magic gray mop ring in yg so I thought I would probably wear them together. I do think this stone looks amazing in either but I always seem to go towards yg[emoji4]

Reactions: texasgirliegirl
Well I went with yg because last year I bought the magic gray mop ring in yg so I thought I would probably wear them together. I do think this stone looks amazing in either but I always seem to go towards yg[emoji4]

So exciting. Did you have anything else on you SO wish list that contended with this choice?