Space for Guys & their Hermès

lol! you follow me on instagram huh? :P

I'm just here for a bit to see if someone bought the basketball Cityback, and if more people bought Citybacks in general. I still don't have money to buy one so I'm just vicariously enjoying other's purchases.

:biggrin:

[emoji445][emoji444]one day my H will come...[emoji445][emoji445][emoji6] Whatever the reasons and circumstances, I always enjoy your contributions... and I’m sure I’m not the only one!

I bought a second Cityback in black Maurice when I was in Paris at the end of April. The appearance is somewhere between Togo and Clemence, so your description seems about right, but it's noticeably thinner and lighter than both.
Just wanted to add that my new Cityback in Maurice is noticeably lighter than my old Cityback in Cristobal. Maurice feels slouchier than Togo, but I think that's because of the thinness rather than an inherent slouchiness.

Thank you for the description of the leather. I'm very curious about Maurice now and I can't wait to see the Steve Light in Maurice and Togo. Will be a hard choice I'm sure. Good to know that the Cityback is available in Maurice. I declined two Citybacks in Cristobal because the veining was just too noticeable in such a smooth surface. I don't mind light veining for Togo, Clemence and Negonda but I guess when I see very smooth leather, I want it to be flawless.

Here are a few more photos of the SaD Light. Sorry that they are relatively quick photos. As you can see from the first two photos and last three photos, the lighting makes a big difference and the colour brightens up quite a bit when the light is at certain angles. It's even brighter in direct sunlight. Maybe if the sun ever returns, I'll get some sunlight photos.

IMG_2718.JPG IMG_2754.JPG IMG_2733.JPG
IMG_2766.JPG IMG_2768.JPG IMG_2773.JPG
IMG_2797.JPG IMG_2798.JPG IMG_2799.JPG

An interesting detail is shown in the photo of the briefcase's bottom where there is a seam for a two piece construction for the front/bottom/back/flap.

I just saw these boots on the UK website. I tried them last Saturday. Unfortunately I have to post the online photos because of the photo policy at my local shop. They are absolutely gorgeous and fit like a glove. The construction is immaculate, the leather is as smooth as a baby's bottom and the pair I tried were flawless. If you like harness styled boots with interesting hardware, then you'll love these.

spurs-ankle-boot--182347ZH02-front-1-300-0-2048-2048-q40.jpg spurs-ankle-boot--182347ZH02-side-2-300-0-2048-2048-q40.jpg

Sadly I found the toe shape/alignment a bit weird on the size 39 boots so I passed on them. Damn small feet. The larger sized boots didn't exhibit the weird alignment.

Here are a few more photos of the SaD Light. Sorry that they are relatively quick photos. As you can see from the first two photos and last three photos, the lighting makes a big difference and the colour brightens up quite a bit when the light is at certain angles. It's even brighter in direct sunlight. Maybe if the sun ever returns, I'll get some sunlight photos.

View attachment 4090759 View attachment 4090760 View attachment 4090761
View attachment 4090762 View attachment 4090763 View attachment 4090764
View attachment 4090765 View attachment 4090766 View attachment 4090767

An interesting detail is shown in the photo of the briefcase's bottom where there is a seam for a two piece construction for the front/bottom/back/flap.

Absolutely beautiful! It’s hard to tell from the shots, but is there an internal pocket, or just the single compartment?

I really like this as a modernisation of the SAD and it’s well and truly on my list in Togo. Do you have any idea on other available colours? I’ve seen noir on the website.

Reactions: wma and J.T.
Absolutely beautiful! It’s hard to tell from the shots, but is there an internal pocket, or just the single compartment?

I really like this as a modernisation of the SAD and it’s well and truly on my list in Togo. Do you have any idea on other available colours? I’ve seen noir on the website.

There is a flat slip pocket on the inside back. It's large enough to fit a magazine or perhaps a file folder but not a very long and/or thick one. It's not terribly convenient like the external back slip pocket on the standard SaD models. However, having an external back pocket would make it too much like the other SaD models as well as add bulk/weight to the briefcase. I forgot to weigh the briefcase. I'll do that tonight and report back.

My local shop received three models/colours: Bleu Nuit Togo, Black Epsom (relatively shiny unlike their more matte SLGs) and Burgundy Epsom (which I didn't look at because it wasn't a colour I was interested in). The SaD Light that was on the UK website is different (it seems to be gone now). It was Black Epsom, had brushed palladium hardware and an Epsom leather insert on the clasp. The Black Epsom one I saw in person has standard shiny palladium hardware. So far I haven't seen the briefcase on other websites (Japan, Australia, US).

Reactions: tannfran and Jenn56

View attachment 4090759 View attachment 4090760 View attachment 4090761
View attachment 4090762 View attachment 4090763 View attachment 4090764
View attachment 4090765 View attachment 4090766 View attachment 4090767

Stunning!!!