Space for Guys & their Hermès

Constance - some thoughts
Do any guys use a Constance?
There are plenty of examples of Bs, Ks, HACs, Es and Js on here
but I don't recall a photo of a guy with a C
is even the largest too small or, dare I ask, is the more rounded form not sufficiently unisex?

It's such a perfect design
If H made a C32 or C35 the typical 5cm deep with the back pocket,
might that not be a superb messenger bag - especially in barenia!

is even the largest too small or, dare I ask, is the more rounded form not sufficiently unisex?

If H made the Constance in messenger-size, I would like it even better than the Steve. But the current production models are too small for my taste.

Last edited:
Reactions: PJW5813

I think it might be a tad small, if you are not petite, and I agree that the rounded form makes it more "feminine". However, here on the forum I have discovered and seen guys rock bags that I saw thought, for guys, were "unrockable", and this breaking of norms is so refreshing.

If you think the bag suits your frame and if you are not afraid to break traditional fashion norms I would go for it! The Constance is such a pretty bag.

I think it might be a tad small, if you are not petite, and I agree that the rounded form makes it more "feminine". However, here on the forum I have discovered and seen guys rock bags that I saw thought, for guys, were "unrockable", and this breaking of norms is so refreshing.

If you think the bag suits your frame and if you are not afraid to break traditional fashion norms I would go for it! The Constance is such a pretty bag.

I agree. Its all about the balance.

I am 5'4, I have never tried a constance on but I own a celine box bag which pretty much has similar dimension. It pairs beautifully with a winter coat.

IMG_1487573925.857305.jpg

Silk 90.
I don't do CSGMs because of my scruffy face hahaha. One day I may get a preloved one to play around with so I don't have to worry if it gets pulled/pilled.

I dont think you need to worry about that, I have many CSGMs and also a beard. I haven't had any damage done to the shawls [emoji106] and I use the very often. They are perfect !

I dont think you need to worry about that, I have many CSGMs and also a beard. I haven't had any damage done to the shawls [emoji106] and I use the very often. They are perfect !
Thanks for the tip! I'm sure I'll give one a try eventually. I just shutter to think of ruining one when they are so expensive. I have a lovely silk/alpaca scarf I bought in Peru and my stubble has caused SO many pills :sad:
This is the exact CW in silk that I have been searching for!!! One of my grails! If you see another, please let me know!!! Stunning!!!
Thank you dear!! There are so many lovely colorways of Sieste but this one was by far my fave. The whole pattern with the rich colors and golden tree reminds me of lovely Japanese wrapping paper haha. Good luck on your hunt. Perhaps your SA can track one down for you?? You may want to try Cuffs in Cleveland as well as they are franchised and don't show up in H searches. I've bought other scarves from them and they have wonderful customer service.

Reactions: csetcos
Thanks for the tip! I'm sure I'll give one a try eventually. I just shutter to think of ruining one when they are so expensive. I have a lovely silk/alpaca scarf I bought in Peru and my stubble has caused SO many pills :sad:

Thank you dear!! There are so many lovely colorways of Sieste but this one was by far my fave. The whole pattern with the rich colors and golden tree reminds me of lovely Japanese wrapping paper haha. Good luck on your hunt. Perhaps your SA can track one down for you?? You may want to try Cuffs in Cleveland as well as they are franchised and don't show up in H searches. I've bought other scarves from them and they have wonderful customer service.

Unfortunately this was the one scarf that could t be found at all company wide! My wonderful SA looked everywhere.

Great idea! I'll try and call Cuffs! I also love how the shells are more obscured- in many of the other CWs, the shell would prominently show on my shoulder and wasn't my fav. This is by far my Grail CW!!

Reactions: Bostonjetset