Sophie Hulme

Hi all

Finally got my hands on a SH bag!! It was on sale and I was debating between a navy albion tote (mini) and this one in canvas..... The canvas was about 450 usd and the navy leather one was 721 usd. Looking at the leather I was worried it might scratch easily and show thru the navy... and decided to get the canvas so i wont have that problem plus its a lot cheaper... but now im slightly regretting as its less iconic?
cdn.sophiehulme.com/media/catalog/product/cache/2/thumbnail/848x/17f82f742ffe127f42dca9de82fb58b1/a/l/albion-mini-tote-sand_1_1.png

I finally got to handle one in person today. I like the look, but many of the displays had too many scratches. I don't trash my bags, but I don't handle them with kid gloves either. Too bad because I could definitely see myself carrying one.

Guess it depends on preference. I have quite a few Mansur Gavriel bags that all get scratched easily and show wear but with some moisturiser it blends and they actually look better worn in. I imagine display models don't get any maintenance. Any reviews I've seen on this bag that are worn in definitely don't look bad to me but I don't mind that look.
What I was worried about was if the scratches showed as white underneath but I don't think they do might have been the angle of the image I saw.

I do think that the way the leather ages is part of the draw for me. I'm looking for something that will look loved when used a lot, not something that will look destroyed! It's certainly a matter of opinion. What does everyone use to condition/moisturizer their Sophie Hulmes?
IMG_1490629463.073233.jpg
IMG_1490629471.403651.jpg
IMG_1490629480.874120.jpg

Reactions: Sunshine mama
I have been online shopping for a bag charm and found a canvas bag on sale for just a bit more. It is the Cromwell Canvas and I love the size and hardware of my first Sophie Hulme. It has a leather bottom that hopefully will help the bag stay presentable longer. Ironically, the only thing I do not like is the bag charm since it is thin and light and thus looks cheap. Oh well, I may have to buy that unreasonably expensive bag charm after all :smile:

20170814_135702 - Copy.jpg

Are any SH fans still around? I'm interested in getting my first, but am looking for some feedback as to how the leather ages. Also, the bags I am considering are these Exchange Totes. Do they even use the same thick type of leather that the Albion Totes did, or is it thinner? I think the adjustable strap drop is so cool and handy.

I'd be thankful for any input you guys could provide! :smile:

181481F049007_1.jpg

181481F049029_1.jpg

Are any SH fans still around? I'm interested in getting my first, but am looking for some feedback as to how the leather ages. Also, the bags I am considering are these Exchange Totes. Do they even use the same thick type of leather that the Albion Totes did, or is it thinner? I think the adjustable strap drop is so cool and handy.

I'd be thankful for any input you guys could provide! :smile:

I'm looking into the exchange totes as well, the second color is absolutely gorgeous! :heart:
Did you get one then? How do you like it?

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
Wake up, Sophie Hulme lovers! Had to search on page 5 of the thread to find you!!!!
I have been eyeing this brand for awhile, but just not sure. When the sales hit in January, and I saw this bag on the NM site, half price, I had to try it. I know it's from a prior season, or maybe a few years back, but free returns, so why not? New bags generally sit in my closet a bit, before I take them out into the world, and this one made it's debut last week while I was visiting my daughter. I love it!!! It's a true crossbody, since the strap is connected not in the center of the side of the bag(does this make sense??) but more toward the back, so it lays very nicely as a crossbody. Not so much on the shoulder. However, holding it by its short handle, gathering the long strap, rather than letting it hang, feels great also. This little bag holds more than my Gucci Disco(which I love) and about the same as my LV Pochette Metis(love, love, also)
So this is my third small bag since the fall, as usually I am a tote person, and I have to say it's feeling good!
View attachment 3258541

View attachment 3258542

View attachment 3258543
Note my new(Christmas gifts) Gucci card case and Mulberry cosmetic bag. Happy!

What model is this I wonder...?

Sunshine Mama, what a beautiful collection! I can still remember the first time I ever saw the Sophie Hulme Albion tote. It was LOVE at first sight. I have downsized my handbag collection quite bit over the past few years, but my two Sophie Hulme Albion bags (one in the most perfect shade of red that is a total showstopper, and the other is a blue/black calf hair that I love using every winter) remain among my most favourite.

Sunshine Mama, what a beautiful collection! I can still remember the first time I ever saw the Sophie Hulme Albion tote. It was LOVE at first sight. I have downsized my handbag collection quite bit over the past few years, but my two Sophie Hulme Albion bags (one in the most perfect shade of red that is a total showstopper, and the other is a blue/black calf hair that I love using every winter) remain among my most favourite.
Thank you so much Tartet!:love:
It was love at first sight for me too when I first saw the huge Albion tote bag.
Then SH came out with smaller sizes and it was game over!

Reactions: iishiix and JenJBS
I would love to see your red bag!!!