Some New Work for an Upcoming Show

LOL yes I was talking about the pearl ones, sorry for my horrible color description :lol:

Hopefully you'll have some of those as extras on your website! :angel: They're TDF!

sparkles48 said:
LOL yes I was talking about the pearl ones, sorry for my horrible color description :lol:

Hopefully you'll have some of those as extras on your website! :angel: They're TDF!

LOL Of course I had to show people at my work and now two people are fighting over a bracelet and someone wants the pink topaz & silver necklace and earrings. *sigh* I've had worse problems! :lol: But now I have to hurry and get a few more items ready for the show. Good thing I took Thursday off. It starts on Friday morning. Ack! My coworkers are so supportive.

:love:

sparkles48 said:
I hope the show went well!! ...and please say you have some leftovers you'll put up for sale on your site :angel: :lol:

Thanks, Sparkle...yes a few pieces are still available. :smile: And I even had time to create NEW pieces during the show. There are always down times and I managed to use that time to create four new cha cha bracelets. LOL I can't stand just sitting there.

It went ... okay. Friday was aweful. And traffic overall was down compared to last year. I honestly think that it is because it's the 4th of July holiday weekend and a lot of people go camping or on vacation. Saturday sales were much better than Friday and Sunday actually surprised me a bit. So overall it was fine but a lot of work.

I slept until noon today! LOL And I still feel tired. Not sure if I'll do this show again next year. I might try to do a more upscale show. I had several people come in to my booth, pick up a piece, and practically drop it like it burned them because of the price. I don't think $100 is a ton for some of the bracelets I have because of all the work and super high quality materials I use. I'm thinking that it was the wrong crowd. :smile:

But I met some really nice people, got a few more e-mail addresses, and those who bought really appreciated my work...and those are the kind of people I want to work with anyway.

I'm glad my next show isn't for another two months. I don't think I could handle another one any sooner. So much is going on it's overwhelming. Luckily my therapy involves making more jewelry. :shame:

I'll be letting everyone know when my new website is completed. I am SO super excited about having it done by people who know what they're doing. Unlike me who knows nothing about code or designing a website. I think it's going to be amazing when it's done.

CastoCreations said:
I had several people come in to my booth, pick up a piece, and practically drop it like it burned them because of the price. I don't think $100 is a ton for some of the bracelets I have because of all the work and super high quality materials I use. I'm thinking that it was the wrong crowd. :smile:

LOL a lot of people come to shows / indie art fairs thinking that they're going to find stuff for like $5 so that's probably why. I don't think they realize how much time and creativity goes into finding the materials and putting the pieces together. Or they forget to consider that the pieces are one of a kind.. you're not going to see 10 people running around at any given time with that exact same necklace/bracelet on.

My first piece of indie jewelry ever was a necklace from We Dream In Colour and I still get compliments on it whenever I wear it just bc it's so different. I love the uniqueness of indie jewelry.. to me it's worth the price for that alone :smile:

Keep us posted as to when your new site is up and running! I'm dying to see which of your new pieces will be on there! :love:

You're right sparkles...a lot of people at this show want a deal. I had one even ask if I took the food discount coupons as payment. :wtf: Jeez.

I am looking forward to my next show because I think that most people who go to it are looking for one of a kinds and unique artisan originals. I did fairly well there last year. Plus it's a lot closer to my house than this last show. LOL That always makes me less stressed.

I love all the new smilies!!!:tender: :sos: :crybaby: :banned: :ban: ROFL Aren't they great! I love that banned cop. hee hee hee

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!

Awww sorry to hear about the tougher people. A lot of people don't understand that you handmake your pieces thus putting extra work and labor into them vs. being plopped out by a machine in 1 second. KWIM?

Your work is beautiful, just keep plugging and keep believing in yourself.