Smartest way to sell your preloved CHANEL bags?

hi all! I used to sell my pre-loved designer items (handbags, sunglasses etc) on ebay but I haven't used that platform in years. Recently I decided to do some spring cleaning and purge my closet of handbags I haven't used in a long time. I'm also eyeing some new bags so I have to make room. ;) What is the best place to sell nowadays? Is Ebay still my best bet? Or Fashionphile? Other consignment places? Open to suggestions! I'm located in Los Angeles, CA (if that makes a difference). TIA!! :smile:

Hello,

I couldn't find a better place to post to ask but I have a variety of Chanel purses that I want to sell. Consignment stores locally seem to take a large chunk of the sales cost. I'd do eBay but I'm a bit wary of their policies.

The RealReal?
Poshmark?
Fashionphile?
Others?
In my opinion, it depends partly on how much the bag would be listed/sold at. Fashionphile or Ann's Fabulous finds are better if it's a higher priced bag due to it's tier consignment. If it's not over a couple thousand at listing, most of them give you 60% for the first tier.

Hi guys! I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this thread, so sorry in advance if I got it wrong! I have a Chanel caviar, from approximately 2011-2012. I'm thinking of selling it.. Where do you guys think is the best place to sell this bag / best way to go about it?
I live in Canada, if that makes any difference..
Thanks in advance! :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
Use the search function and you will find lots of threads dedication to the benefits (and drawbacks) of all the various options. eBay, IG, internet consignment, in person consignment (there are a couple threads dedicated to Canada specifically) etc.

You really have to decide how much work you wish to go, how much of a loss you are willing to take and how much risk you are comfortable with.

Reactions: xazeli
Want to sell some of my preloved CHANEL bags that are in mint condition. I have used Real Real and thinking of trying FASHIONPHILE this time. Quotes came in low. Love for feedback on this...
Thank you so much and hoping you are all doing well. Stay safe.

Reactions: fdc
I too have used therealreal.com but at 50-60% back, it's not my favorite option. I've also sold to Fashionphile before they joined with NM and I got much more for my bag than a recent quote. Check out Ann's Fabulous Finds and mytimelessluxuries.com as it looks like they may offer a higher % back.

Reactions: Pursegirl65
I too have used therealreal.com but at 50-60% back, it's not my favorite option. I've also sold to Fashionphile before they joined with NM and I got much more for my bag than a recent quote. Check out Ann's Fabulous Finds and mytimelessluxuries.com as it looks like they may offer a higher % back.
Thank you!!!! I will try!

I have only sold on ebay or poshmark. For years the process was perfect and I never experienced some of the terrible buyers/fake claims others have - until 2 months ago. Without boring you with the whole story, a buyer falsely claimed there was color transfer on a bag I sold her and Poshmark allowed her to return it. I think she intentionally damaged the bag so her return request would be approved. Awful, awful experience and I'm done selling on Poshmark.

I'm now considering consigning next time. I recently purchased a bag from Mariz at vluxestyle and it was a fantastic experience, so I'll probably consign with them next time.

*EDIT - I agree Fashionphile has always given me ridiculously low quotes, so that's why I've never sold to them.

I have only sold on ebay or poshmark. For years the process was perfect and I never experienced some of the terrible buyers/fake claims others have - until 2 months ago. Without boring you with the whole story, a buyer falsely claimed there was color transfer on a bag I sold her and Poshmark allowed her to return it. I think she intentionally damaged the bag so her return request would be approved. Awful, awful experience and I'm done selling on Poshmark.

I'm now considering consigning next time. I recently purchased a bag from Mariz at vluxestyle and it was a fantastic experience, so I'll probably consign with them next time.

*EDIT - I agree Fashionphile has always given me ridiculously low quotes, so that's why I've never sold to them.
So sorry for your terrible experience at Poshmark. That’s awful. I will look into vluxestyle, thank you for posting!

Reactions: ItsPurseonal