Slouchinss/breaking in of the GH city bags?

They still feel heavy, but in a different way. And they do get nice and slouchy just like the rh's. My amethyst pt has a gorgey slouch and just carries differently than my newer ones. It's hard to explain. ;)

^Cracker hasn't been here in ages. And Balenciaga boutiques, as well as the department stores, are no longer selling older season bags. Sandstone is completely sold out so your only option is an auction site like ebay or bonanzle. And since we're not allowed to post links to auctions in this forum, you'll have the check the Balenciaga Finds thread in the shopping forum or check the auction sites on your own.

Is this consider broken in... I just got my Sapphire pom and it looks really broken in with its veiny look.. I love it cos it gives so much character to the Pom's "ruggedness".

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1132.JPG
    IMG_1132.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_1129.JPG
    IMG_1129.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 244
I have an 07 Black SGH, I have used this bag so much! It is very slouchy. I personally don't find the GH very heavy, the bag is heavy when I put a lot of stuff in it. I am waiting for my Day to get a little like this, but I have to use it more.

I cheat with the breaking-in process for my Part Time, which I imagine would be the same for the City.

I hang my bag from the handles from a hook or door knob.

Then, I put in some really heavy books (quite small - not phone-book-sized books, as you don't want the books to fill the corners of the bag). This makes the bag drop in the base, and soften the handles.

I then add another smallish, hefty bag to the flat part of the long strap (it balances pretty well, if you do it carefully). I make sure the strap hangs directly over the sides of the top corners of the bag. This makes the strap pull on the upper corners of the bag, quickly giving it that slouchy look most of the girls seem to love.

This breaking in process is very, very fast: the heavier the books, the quicker the process.

TIP: make sure your bag is hanging from a hook or door knob that is NOT attached to a door that will be swung open, or the book balanced on your long strap will go flying!

Thank you ladies so much for your help and great info. I have a GGh raisin city and I love the bag but can't get used to the stiffness. It is getting a little more slouchy but I am so used to my older bag in RH. The GH is heavier but I like the look on the city. My Day GH bags aren't heavy and are soft in the beginning so I just didn't know if I wanted to keep my city. I started to sell her but then thought I would wait and see about how long it would take to break her in. I don't carry the same bag enough to do it fast so all of your wonderful ideas will help so much!! Thank you for the directions SkyBlueDay.:flowers: pinkisweets and ejsc55 your bags are beautiful with their slouchyness. realbuyerhub, your bag is lovely and it looks so good on you and miss firefly, what happened to your picture of your slouchybag!?!:graucho: scholastican, my city does that but the handles seem a little too stiff still. :shrugs:

I cheat with the breaking-in process for my Part Time, which I imagine would be the same for the City.

I hang my bag from the handles from a hook or door knob.

Then, I put in some really heavy books (quite small - not phone-book-sized books, as you don't want the books to fill the corners of the bag). This makes the bag drop in the base, and soften the handles.

I then add another smallish, hefty bag to the flat part of the long strap (it balances pretty well, if you do it carefully). I make sure the strap hangs directly over the sides of the top corners of the bag. This makes the strap pull on the upper corners of the bag, quickly giving it that slouchy look most of the girls seem to love.

This breaking in process is very, very fast: the heavier the books, the quicker the process.

TIP: make sure your bag is hanging from a hook or door knob that is NOT attached to a door that will be swung open, or the book balanced on your long strap will go flying!

Thanks for the tip! :smile:
I'm waiting for my first GSH, too! Just can't wait! :smile: