Show your Discontinued Hermes bags

View attachment 4916492
And here is my Raisin Masai, with brushed PHW.

It fits a lot without adding bulk and I've carried my laptop around in it. But being in Togo/Clemence (I can't remember right now), its strap is rather soft and I'm afraid of stretching it badly. Full disclosure, I loved it when I first got it but I've since felt very ambivalent about it, and perhaps not worn it as much as I could have.

Edit: after checking the receipt, it's the Massai PM in Clemence
I missed out on a raisin Massai recently because I wasn’t fast enough. :annoyed: It’s so lovely!

Oh wear it!!! its a beautiful bag- they come with 2 different strap lengths dont they?
I actually just missed one from Fashionfile a while back-I procrastinated because of import tax and it sold.
I think you'll grow to love it again soon and Raisin is such a great colour!
The same one I missed out on!

Oh wear it!!! its a beautiful bag- they come with 2 different strap lengths dont they?
I actually just missed one from Fashionfile a while back-I procrastinated because of import tax and it sold.
I think you'll grow to love it again soon and Raisin is such a great colour!
It does, although I didn’t like the look of the crossbody option on me, but I’ve seen it worn on TPF to great effect.
The same one I missed out on!
Well, if I don’t love it again, I am sure there are plenty of candidates to offer it a good home :lol:

I have a number of discontinued bags that I will need to pull out to take pics. Here are 2 of them...the Paris Bombay and the Drag bag. The kelly is vache liegee which is a discontinued leather..I wish H would bring back this leather.

View attachment 4916709

What a gorgeous collection:nuts: Vache liégée is indeed scrumptious and on my wishlist, along with chocolate Barenia. I still regret not taking a mini Rugby in that, 15 years later...

Market bag...i got caught in a summer downpour and ended up ruining the bag

View attachment 4916710
Oh dear! Sorry to hear that!! Sudden downpour is a killer. What a gorgeous combination, though.

Discontinued in this size (25) but the '1938' has been reissued in smaller recently

This is my favourite H clutch bar none (or until I acquire a Verou or Medor 29) no hardware means doesn't matter whether I'm wearing white metal or gold:

View attachment 4916334

View attachment 4916335
So gorgeous! It looks like the perfect clutch. When was it discontinued, do you know?

Reactions: papertiger
So gorgeous! It looks like the perfect clutch. When was it discontinued, do you know?

First issued, as the name suggested in 1938. Mine is from the 1970s when clutches had a huge revival and Hermes popularity was actually very low and had to struggle to attach a younger clientele. I haven't seen any past 1983 stamp (please improve upon this if any of you have a later one).

I honestly feel more excited by many of H's discontinued bags more than newer models.

First issued, as the name suggested in 1938. Mine is from the 1970s when clutches had a huge revival and Hermes popularity was actually very low and had to struggle to attach a younger clientele. I haven't seen any past 1983 stamp (please improve upon this if any of you have a later one).

I honestly feel more excited by many of H's discontinued bags more than newer models.
Interesting, thank you!

Reactions: keodi
Discontinued in this size (25) but the '1938' has been reissued in smaller recently

This is my favourite H clutch bar none (or until I acquire a Verou or Medor 29) no hardware means doesn't matter whether I'm wearing white metal or gold:

View attachment 4916334

View attachment 4916335

Your clutch is so beautiful! simple, and elegant, I love that it has no hardware so different metals can be worn. I hope to find this clutch one day, if not, I would be ok with a jige Elan 29 clutch.
Thank you very much - what a nice thing to say :smile:

It seems that the shoulder/hobo-style is a little neglected by H these days, but the So Kelly, the Massai and the Marwari are all great shoulder bags in my opinion. I am baffled that they are not brought back. The Trim they did bring back is back in a less useful iteration - too small, and the long strap seems out of proportion. No, give me the oldies any day ;)
Agreed! I own a Rouge vif trim, which I love!
From the archives - Vespa PM in gold togo.

View attachment 4916377
I love the Vespa! I wish Hermes brought this back!
Here's the Market, which is just about the most perfectly proportioned bucket bag out there.
Beautiful!
I had a Market, loved that it wasn’t round on the bottom like Vuitton Noe, but hugged closer to your body. I sold it, wasn’t a fan of the epsom leather, but I’d buy another in a heartbeat, in a preferred leather. I miss that bag...
The Market GM size is Ardennes or clemence is on my wishlist. I hope i can find one in good condition someday.

Me too, very interesting info on the 1938 clutch!
Here's a pic of my 38cm trim I
IMG_0810.jpg

I have a number of discontinued bags that I will need to pull out to take pics. Here are 2 of them...the Paris Bombay and the Drag bag. The kelly is vache liegee which is a discontinued leather..I wish H would bring back this leather.

View attachment 4916709
Gorgeous! I really :heart: the Drag-Do you find it easy to use or is the closure fiddly?
loving the PB in gold too-cant wait to see the rest of your collection!!!

• Love
Reactions: 880, RT1 and keodi
Your clutch is so beautiful! simple, and elegant, I love that it has no hardware so different metals can be worn. I hope to find this clutch one day, if not, I would be ok with a jige Elan 29 clutch.

Beautiful!

The Market GM size is Ardennes or clemence is on my wishlist. I hope i can find one in good condition someday.

View attachment 4917221
Oh that colour is sublime :heart: I love rouge Vif!

• Love
Reactions: 880, RT1 and keodi

Beautiful!

View attachment 4917221

I have seen a few Facos around new and preloved (I was offered one at H but thought it too close to the '1938'). Looks like a 1940s design(?). They also have no hardware. But yes, the Jige is always going to be useful.

Leaving this here, from an archive pic for you that @miyake0214 posted many moon ago (photo credit Malleries). Perhaps someone here has one too, but there are more of these.

Screenshot 2020-11-29 at 22.31.56.png