Show your Discontinued Hermes bags

I had a Market, loved that it wasn’t round on the bottom like Vuitton Noe, but hugged closer to your body. I sold it, wasn’t a fan of the epsom leather, but I’d buy another in a heartbeat, in a preferred leather. I miss that bag...

Very well said! That's exactly what I love about it, and also that it isn't the rectangle-ish bucket that seems to be the name of the game these days à la Mansur Gavriel.

hermes-massai.jpg
And here is my Raisin Masai, with brushed PHW.

It fits a lot without adding bulk and I've carried my laptop around in it. But being in Clemence (edit after checking receipt), its strap is rather soft and I'm afraid of stretching it badly. Full disclosure, I loved it when I first got it but I've since felt very ambivalent about it, and perhaps not worn it as much as I could have.

Edit: after checking the receipt, it's the Massai PM in Clemence

Last edited:
View attachment 4916492

It fits a lot without adding bulk and I've carried my laptop around in it. But being in Togo/Clemence (I can't remember right now), its strap is rather soft and I'm afraid of stretching it badly. Full disclosure, I loved it when I first got it but I've since felt very ambivalent about it, and perhaps not worn it as much as I could have.

Personally, I think it's Clemence

Use it again and you'll start to fall in love all over. Everything about it is yummy.

• Love
Reactions: 880 and keodi
I’ll start: So Kelly 22 - love it! It is more under the radar than the Kelly, and both laid back, chic and very easy to use. I can fit my A4 size inside in a pinch, and it has inside pockets from where I can easily reach my phone.
I love this! I was tempted by one on the preloved market but stalled on pulling the trigger because I was unsure how practical it would be-it looks so good on you that Its now back on my radar again! :smile:

Last edited:
Reactions: keodi and LouiseCPH
Here are my 2 HACs 32, Box from 1994 and Barenia from 2003. I much prefer the HAC 32 to the Birkin, as it's the perfect size for me. I so wish they would be produced again!
You have two of my dream bags (leather tick! size tick!)...and yes I agree something about the proportion of the 32 I prefer to the Birkin 35 (I dont like 30's)
I too Wish they would re-introduce it I'm gutted they only come in 40's now.

Reactions: keodi and duna
View attachment 4916492

It fits a lot without adding bulk and I've carried my laptop around in it. But being in Togo/Clemence (I can't remember right now), its strap is rather soft and I'm afraid of stretching it badly. Full disclosure, I loved it when I first got it but I've since felt very ambivalent about it, and perhaps not worn it as much as I could have.

Edit: after checking the receipt, it's the Massai PM in Clemence
Oh wear it!!! its a beautiful bag- they come with 2 different strap lengths dont they?
I actually just missed one from Fashionfile a while back-I procrastinated because of import tax and it sold.
I think you'll grow to love it again soon and Raisin is such a great colour!

I love this! I was tempted by one on the preloved market but stalled on pulling the trigger because I was unsure how practical it would be-it looks so good on you that Its now back on my radar again! :smile:

I always like to enable - I stand firmly behind my recommendation of this bag. Only con in my opinion is that it does not close tightly. To me that’s ok - as I am the kind of person that will walk around with an open bag any way - and wearing it under the arm also makes me feel like it is secure.

Good luck hunting one down!

There are so many beautiful now discontinued Vintage Hermes bag design.
Paris Bombay,The Ile De Shiki,Passe Guide,Massai,The original Drag,Ring,Initiale, Convoyeur, etc etc (apologies for any mis-spellings!)
I would love to see these bags mentioned (and others!) all in one section.
I'm too new to post an 'ODE TO" so I'd love it if members could show their under the radar vintage beauties here and maybe say why they love them and if they still use them.
Or if you had one and sold it what made you let it go? any regrets?
In case you weren't aware, there's also this thread for some eye candy. ;)

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags