Show Us Your Straw, Canvas, Burlap, Beachy Bags for Summer!

My new chalk Dinky which I bought at the outlet today to be carried specifically as a summer bag! I had considered some MFFs like the straw Klare and the white Georgie but ultimately chose the beautiful classic Dinky.

ETA: I know it's not straw, canvas, burlap or Beachy but I did set out to buy a white bag for using in the summer! Can't wait to carry it with my flowery dresses and generally being able to properly flaunt a bag with an outfit without a massive puffy coat on for 99 per cent of the time.

View attachment 5072730

It's a beauty, I hope that you have lots of opportunities to to carry it! Did they have many "Coach Reserve" bags at the outlet?

Yes! It was an easy rehab, see the link below; also below is the original Coach listing for the Audrey Canvas Motif Bags.

View attachment 5072766
Thank you so much, katev! You are so thorough in your documentation and finding these reference pictures! I remembered these bags in stores but never thought to purchase one at the time. Now, I think they are so fun for the summer! I’ve seen one in a consignment store but it was in rough shape. I didn’t feel confident in my abilities to rehab. I’ve since rehabbed a few leather bags so now I’m ready to take one on! The search begins... :graucho:

I almost forgot this beauty! It is the Audrey Sun Motif Tote 19577 and I rehabbed it last year but there weren't many opportunities to carry it last summer. It was dirty but otherwise intact and it cleaned up very nicely.

I recently came across the matching large wristlet 47621 for a good price on ebay and so I am happy to have the set and I hope to have more chances to carry them this summer!

View attachment 5071891

View attachment 5071896

View attachment 5071899

View attachment 5071900

View attachment 5071901

View attachment 5071902

View attachment 5071903

View attachment 5071904

Thank you so much, katev! You are so thorough in your documentation and finding these reference pictures! I remembered these bags in stores but never thought to purchase one at the time. Now, I think they are so fun for the summer! I’ve seen one in a consignment store but it was in rough shape. I didn’t feel confident in my abilities to rehab. I’ve since rehabbed a few leather bags so now I’m ready to take one on! The search begins... :graucho:

I've received a question about the fob that I used to decorate the Audrey Sun Motif bag, it is the coach Shells fob and the style number is 92910. It's one of my favorites and I think it's perfect for a summery bag! Below is a picture of the Shells fob on my Signature Parker Khaki Hippie 13420, another great summertime bag - and it was my very first ever coach bag!

ShellsFob_92910_svmc_a0.jpg

ParkerHippie13420_05.jpg

Last edited:
My new chalk Dinky which I bought at the outlet today to be carried specifically as a summer bag! I had considered some MFFs like the straw Klare and the white Georgie but ultimately chose the beautiful classic Dinky.

ETA: I know it's not straw, canvas, burlap or Beachy but I did set out to buy a white bag for using in the summer! Can't wait to carry it with my flowery dresses and generally being able to properly flaunt a bag with an outfit without a massive puffy coat on for 99 per cent of the time.

View attachment 5072730
Beautiful! I love the Dinky. This will make a great summer bag!

I've received a question about the fob that I used to decorate the Audrey Sun Motif bag, it is the coach Shells fob and the style number is 92910. It's one of my favorites and I think it's perfect for a summery bag! Below is a picture of the Shells fob on my Signature Parker Khaki Hippie 13420, another great summertime bag - and it was my very first ever coach bag!

View attachment 5073177

View attachment 5073180
Thank you for sharing your fun summer bags! This seashell charm is very fun! Love it, and it looks great on your bags.

Reactions: LadaZuri and katev
C4FB974A-19C2-479B-A9A4-2360292D12BF.jpeg

[/QUOTE]
I love your straw basket bags! Please post them in the thread at the link below to share them with other lovers of summertime bags!

Sorry, not showing, just discussing, but I've seen that you have a few stripy colourful bags like this one, @katev, and I'm considering getting it, I love the design. But I literally just bought a bag and I'm supposed to be on ban island, especially with the shipping and tax to the UK:sad:

View attachment 5079557

I don't have this bag but it's very cute, I believe that it is a Hamptons bag. It's hard to tell from one picture but it appears to be authentic and intact and it should rehab well. It looks like it still has the hangtag and that's important because I'm pretty sure that this bag had a very cute pink and silver hangtag.

What are the measurements? Make sure that the size is right for you because some of the bags in this era were rather small but there were also larger bags and totes available in the same pattern.

My situation is different from you in that a lot of similar bags are available to me at a fairly low price, and I don't have to deal with the overseas shipping costs. Personally, I wouldn't spend a lot of money on this bag because I wouldn't use it a lot, but I would enjoy using it sometime. So if I found it cheap and in decent shape then I would very much enjoy rehabbing and carrying it.

I'm not sure what to tell you. If you love the bag then maybe you should get it - even though you are on ban island! Let us know what you decide to do, good luck!

Last edited:
I bought this bag last fall before traveling to the Caribbean and I forgot to add it to this thread with other beach and summery bags. But I got it out to use at a picnic today and it was a great choice.

Large Bleecker Preston Striped Coated Canvas in Sunglow and White Stripes 30173 SV CMD that comes with a matching wristlet.
katev, look! I found the mini Preston at my local consignment shop! I have had it authenticated and @whateve suggested I use benzoyl peroxide to take out the pen marks. It’s missing the original hand tags (an extra silver hang tag I had) but it came with the shoulder strap. Here is an “after” picture. I love it!
740DA3C7-815D-4152-8DAB-9D800E484389.jpeg
I hope to find a cute summery charm. I have a beautiful bee charm but it hangs down too far. I like your crab charm. I know there’s a summer mermaid and seashell charms, too, so I’ll have to be patient as I look around.

katev, look! I found the mini Preston at my local consignment shop! I have had it authenticated and @whateve suggested I use benzoyl peroxide to take out the pen marks. It’s missing the original hand tags (an extra silver hang tag I had) but it came with the shoulder strap. Here is an “after” picture. I love it!
View attachment 5085453
I hope to find a cute summery charm. I have a beautiful bee charm but it hangs down too far. I like your crab charm. I know there’s a summer mermaid and seashell charms, too, so I’ll have to be patient as I look around.

Wow, it looks great! I love my bigger version of this bag - it's just so summery and your rehab came out fantastic!