Show Us Your Straw, Canvas, Burlap, Beachy Bags for Summer!

After seeing so many straw bags this weekend, I decided to pull out my sole straw bag out. It's the Bonnie Cashin straw satchel. This is my go to bag in the summer months. View attachment 3713627

Love it! My first and favorite straw bag is the Bonnie convertible tote which is very similar to your bag. does your bag also have the beautiful aquamarine lining?

Attachments

• bonnie9.jpg
    bonnie9.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 327
Love it! My first and favorite straw bag is the Bonnie convertible tote which is very similar to your bag. does your bag also have the beautiful aquamarine lining?

Yes it does! Mine is the same color combination as yours. I actually had to do a double take bc the pocket looks just like the one on my satchel.

Reactions: katev
:sad: Summer is coming to an end - but not yet! :cool:

I still love summery, beachy, impractical bags so here area a couple of
"after pics" of my recent thrift store finds and rehab projects.

The first item is a Hamptons Weekend Patchwork Wristlet 40429 SV MT from 2007, and the second bag is the large Katy Travel Tote 10396 B$ MC from the 65th Anniversary Legacy Collection in 2006; please share your summery bags, too!

HamptonsPatchWristletAfter_005.jpg

HamptonsPatchWristletAfter_007.jpg

KatyToteAfter_004.jpg

KatyToteAfter_010.jpg

Summer is half over already and I haven't updated this thread with my latest (totally unnecessary!) beach bag acquisition.

I had long wanted the Pierre Le Tan Umbrella Bag 14962 that was released in 2010 for $268 but I missed my chance. Whenever I found them for sale on ebay or other sites - they were often dirty, in bad shape, missing hangtags, and very expensive. If the bags were NWT or in great shape they were really expensive. I couldn't justify spending a lot of money for cloth bag when I already have so many beach bags - even though I love them.

Earlier this year, in February, I found a pre-used bag that was clean, in good shape, and intact on ebay for $100, not cheap but reasonable, so I bought it - but I haven't carried it yet!

I have 3 outdoor events coming up soon, an afternoon boat cruise on Lake Michigan, a family picnic in a park with a pool and splash pad for the kids, and a County Fair.

I am planning to use my (new to me) PLT bag at one of these events - maybe the cruise?

See the pictures of my PLT bag below, it's hard to see in the photos but the fabric has subtle, sparkly, gold flecks woven into the canvas that gives the bag a sheen. Very pretty! I think they show up best in the last (inside the bag) picture.

Please also share pictures of your favorite beachy, summery bags and tell us how you are using them this summer!
PLT_006.jpg
PLTbag_003.jpg

PLTbag_008.jpg

PLTbag_004.jpg

PLTbag_011.jpg

PLTbag_012.jpg

Last edited:
Summer is half over already and I haven't updated this thread with my latest (totally unnecessary!) beach bag acquisition.

I had long wanted the Pierre Le Tan Umbrella Bag 14962 that was released in 2010 for $268 but I missed my chance. Whenever I found them for sale on ebay or other sites - they were often dirty, in bad shape, missing hangtags, and very expensive. If the bags were NWT or in great shape they were really expensive. I couldn't justify spending a lot of money for cloth bag when I already have so many beach bags - even though I love them.

Earlier this year, in February, I found a pre-used bag that was clean, in good shape, and intact on ebay for $100, not cheap but reasonable, so I bought it - but I haven't carried it yet!

I have 3 outdoor events coming up soon, an afternoon boat cruise on Lake Michigan, a family picnic in a park with a pool and splash pad for the kids, and a County Fair.

I am planning to use my (new to me) PLT bag at one of these events - maybe the cruise?

See the pictures of my PLT bag below, it's hard to see in the photos but the fabric has subtle, sparkly, gold flecks woven into the canvas that gives the bag a sheen. Very pretty! I think they show up best in the last (inside the bag) picture.

Please also share pictures of your favorite beachy, summery bags and tell us how you are using them this summer!
View attachment 4133185
View attachment 4133140

View attachment 4133141

View attachment 4133142

View attachment 4133143

View attachment 4133144

That bag is so cute, especially the hangtag!

It's a cold day in February and I'm tired of the winter! I was just reading a discussion about straw bags and it made me think of warmer weather and frivolous summer bags - and that warmed my heart!

I used to hold some odd opinions about straw bags. I thought that they were "old ladyish" and "too delicate" and "not worth the investment" because you won't wear them a lot.

But then fate intervened because I fell in love with a straw Bonnie tote at a great price at the outlet. After that I was hooked and I have continued to collect other summery straw and motif bags.

I've bought them all at the outlet, or on craigslist, or at the thrift store so I got very good deals. That way I don't have to feel guilty about indulging my fancy for these fun bags and they make me feel sunny when I carry them!

I have taken the precaution of spraying them all with apple rain garde and I store them stuffed with tissue and in dustbags. So far I haven't had a bit of trouble with fraying, crushing, color transfer, or other damage. I find them lightweight, comfortable, and fun to carry!

Here are pics of my straw, canvas, burlap, motif, summery, beachy bags. Please post photos of your frivolous summer bags to help us think about warm weather and fun in the sun!

1) Bonnie straw convertible tote 13400 ($72 outlet NWT, MSRP = $498)
2) Bonnie burlap striped vachetta envelope wallet 42567 ($32 outlet NWT, MSRP = $228)
3) Ladybug motif boxy straw tote 4439 ($50 craigslist EUC, MSRP = $358)
4) Legacy straw tote 113 ($22.50 thrift store, rehabbed MSRP = $328)
5) Audrey motif canvas cinched navy fish tote 19574 ($150 outlet NWT, MSRP = $358) and coral shell wristlet 47268 ($49.56 outlet NWT, MSRP = $118)

So I've only spent a total of $376 for 6 pretty summer pieces (MSRP = $1928) and they make me feel warm and happy! I think that they are a great investment!
Your last set in blue and coral is my favorite! I love everything beachy. So fun! I don't have a straw bag, but I do have a straw beach hat.

I had lots of fun carrying my new to me Pierre Le Tan Umbrella Bag this weekend and was thrilled to see how great this Kate Spade Seahorse Fob, looks on the bag! You can see more pics of my PLT in action at the link below. Summer is flying by so please share your special bags for summer fun!

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...-carrying-today.913052/page-915#post-32466838

View attachment 4148238
This one ties for first place with the blue and coral set. I think this would be so fun to take to the beach. Is it easy to keep these clean?

Thanks! I also have the Coach Hadley Crushable Flower Hat F84542 MTI that I picked up at the outlet for $15, and it goes well with some of my beachy bags!

View attachment 4201726
Wow! Thank you! I never noticed hats in any of the outlets. Maybe I was too focused on the bags. ;) I am going to look for one! I want a crushable beach hat. My straw one is huge.

This one ties for first place with the blue and coral set. I think this would be so fun to take to the beach. Is it easy to keep these clean?
I always spray bags with Apple Rain Garde to protect them - and I actually never take them to the beach! Although they have made it to some picnics and other casual outings.

I haven't had any trouble with keeping them clean.