Show us your Longchamp!

I find it peculiar that it is not available for order on the US website. Only saw it randomly on various sites like Rue La La, Century 21 and in limited sizes.

From what I recall the sand version was never actually available for purchase on US Longchamp.com, even though they showed it during PFW and on the press tour. (Yet my boutique had one in April-May.) And yes it was available from those secondary sellers.

Reactions: SmokieDragon
sand was never actually available for purchase, even though they showed it during PFW and on the press tour.

I see. That explains why I never got an explanation why it was not available for purchase from CS, merely asked to refer to available colors on the website. I recall I was drawn to this color when you first shared various pictures of it so I have you to thank as well! [emoji253] [emoji171]

Thank You for helping me find one of my Christmas gifts. The tattoo scarf looks amazing. I am getting a few.
I'm elated to hear that. Thank you for your kind words. It's a very happy scarf and very appropriate for Christmas. I saw the Dahlia version of it on my SA. It was very vibrant irl and brightened her complexion. I love it but was told it is part of her uniform and not available for sale.

My haul from the sale. 30% + additional 10% for department store members. Please excuse the wrinkles on both silk scarves. Both were last pieces and I haven't gotten down to cleaning them yet. My sweet SA also got me a handcream for Christmas.

I actually saw the Tattoo scarf in Dahlia online but it was not available. I noticed it had also been removed from all websites. Chose this dusty turquoise shade instead.

The Amazone in Sand appealed to me when it first arrived in my country. I took the whole season to deliberate on this bag as I am usually apprehensive of lighter colored bags and sizewise, I was trying to decide between small or medium. I felt the medium looks more femine worn on the shoulder (double chains) whereas the small looks more casual and playful. @SmokieDragon shared that there are two hoops in the medium which allows an alternative strap to be used. I tried on the Etoiles strap with it and my SA commented that it looked sporty. This was the deciding factor for me as my style does lean towards athleisure more.

The wierd thing was that only the medium is on sale and not for the other sizes for Sand and Powder. Pilot Blue was also not ordered for my country. I will still like to get a small in Pilot Blue though. View attachment 4272428View attachment 4272429View attachment 4272431
So gorgeous!!!! Thanks for sharing your haul. The Amazone is especially beautiful!!!

Reactions: frenziedhandbag
This is a great week already! The background you picked for the Roseau is so artistic. Very nice.

Thanks so much! :biggrin: The background is a room in a Chinese restaurant here. I didn't pick the venue - I was waiting for my colleagues to show up for a lunch and I thought oh, I want to take a picture of my bag now on this empty couch :biggrin: A coincidence that the background is artistic haha

From what I recall the sand version was never actually available for purchase on US Longchamp.com, even though they showed it during PFW and on the press tour. (Yet my boutique had one in April-May.) And yes it was available from those secondary sellers.

I see. That explains why I never got an explanation why it was not available for purchase from CS, merely asked to refer to available colors on the website.

Wow!! When I didn't see it on the website a few days ago (I always like to have print screens from of my bags from the LC website), I thought how strange, where did it go? Didn't realise it was never actually put there

My haul from the sale. 30% + additional 10% for department store members.

@SmokieDragon shared that there are two hoops in the medium which allows an alternative strap to be used.

Congrats and happy to be identical twins with you on the Amazone and Floirat scarf!! :biggrin: BTW, the Small also has those hoops but lacks that gap at the flap for an alternative strap

Wow!! When I didn't see it on the website a few days ago (I always like to have print screens from of my bags from the LC website), I thought how strange, where did it go? Didn't realise it was never actually put there

I have a pretty vivid memory of the sand Amazone because I seriously considered it for myself for quite a while before ultimately deciding the color wasn't exactly what I wanted. The first time we ever saw the Amazone bags (then called Sur Seine) was here in October 2017, when the sand was shown during Paris Fashion Week for Spring 2018, and then it appeared on the subsequent press tour. A few Amazones, including the sand, briefly showed up on Longchamp.com in February 2018. But then Longchamp decided to take them down and stash away the bags already in boutiques until a formal Amazone launch on May 22. (Of course by May 22, the Spring 2018 season was nearly over and it was almost time for the sale and for Fall 2018 to begin!) Anyway, when May 22 came around, the sand for whatever reason was not included in the Amazones available for purchase on Longchamp.com, and that color soon became widely available on secondary sellers like The Real Real, Gilt, Rue La La, etc.

And congrats on your sand Amazone too @SmokieDragon :congrats:

Edited to add: You can grab my print screen pic by clicking on the February 2018 link above

Last edited:
BTW, the Small also has those hoops but lacks that gap at the flap for an alternative strap

I'm happy to be twins as well! Perhaps aesthetically, the gaps look too obvious on the smaller size, which might not look as appealing. Also, even when the small is full, it still feels very light on the shoulder. Maybe LC thus concluded no need to wear it with alternative straps.

Reactions: SmokieDragon
I have a pretty vivid memory of the sand Amazone because I seriously considered it for myself for quite a while.

You are impressive, Cosmo. It felt like I was travelling through memory lane cos that was exactly how I came to know about this color (with your sharing of pics). After asking the US CS about it and stalking various websites, I finally got to see it in person in my country but back then, only the small arrived and I just wasn't sure of the light color, though I was convinced that it being a cooler tone, works better for me than warm tones. The scarcity of it makes me feel lucky to still be able to get it on sale end season.

My work bags so far this week - Pilot Blue Roseau Croco which I scored during the sale and my Black Mademoiselle

32fafa6f8096edecb92bdf280c475324.jpg
61f833d911acad38bc38a766c8beed68.jpg

I loved this Roseau the moment I saw it. Congrats!