Show us your Longchamp!

Shipping took a while from Century21 but the wait is worth it. The strap is so long though. I definitely need to punch more holes. When worn crossbody, it hung past my hip and I felt a little like a post-lady.

As I've mentioned, I wear my Foulonne saddle bag on the shortest strap setting as a crossbody, but I wish I had the option of shoulder carry too. I've never had extra holes punched in a strap. Does it turn out ok? Do the new holes look nice and finished, or are the edges sort of rough?

My love affair with gray continues. Snagged this gorgeous Shop-It pouch today. It also satisfied my desire for something from this line. The galloping rider is simply hard to resist. Love the subtle pop of Pilot Blue alongside the rider. View attachment 4212493

Congrats on your pouch!

Reactions: frenziedhandbag
My love affair with gray continues. Snagged this gorgeous Shop-It pouch today. It also satisfied my desire for something from this line. The galloping rider is simply hard to resist. Love the subtle pop of Pilot Blue alongside the rider. View attachment 4212493
I love this pouch!!! I've been meaning to get one for a long time. The size is perfect for holding things and also for fitting in most of my bags!

I've never had extra holes punched in a strap. Does it turn out ok? Do the new holes look nice and finished, or are the edges sort of rough?

Yes, they look nice and finished and not rough. Just take it to the boutique - they will take care of everything for you :biggrin: I think I've punched extra holes for the straps of my Large Quadri, Honore Crossbody, Heritage Crossbody, 2 Heritage belts and a Quadri belt.

It's just like when you have extra holes punched in a belt at any typical departmental store

I've never had extra holes punched in a strap. Does it turn out ok? Do the new holes look nice and finished, or are the edges sort of rough?

I set it on the shortest setting and it still hangs too low on me. Very unsightly. I think it is because I have a very short torso. I have not done it yet but I need to, otherwise I can't use the bag. [emoji52]

Truth be told, I am a bit jittery about it. I have a cobbler in my neighbourhood and he's really good with leather shoes. He does minor repair work for leather bags as well. He did forewarn me that the holes might be either larger or smaller than the original ones. The style looks nice as a shorter shoulder bag (base of bag to hit my waist) so I am contemplating punching another hole further in. Will need to play around with the strap length next week and bring the bag for the cobbler to take a look. Will keep you posted.

Reactions: Cosmopolitan
Yes, they look nice and finished and not rough. Just take it to the boutique - they will take care of everything for you :biggrin: I think I've punched extra holes for the straps of my Large Quadri, Honore Crossbody, Heritage Crossbody, 2 Heritage belts and a Quadri belt.

It's just like when you have extra holes punched in a belt at any typical departmental store

Oh I never realized that LC boutiques offered this service. I just assumed I’d have to resort to a local leather repair/cobbler shop, which made me nervous. Thanks for letting me know.

Oh I never realized that LC boutiques offered this service. I just assumed I’d have to resort to a local leather repair/cobbler shop, which made me nervous. Thanks for letting me know.

No problem :biggrin: Extra holes were done FOC except for the Quadri for which they charged about US$4 per hole as they said they needed to bring it to their corporate HQ where the special tool was kept - however, that was when the franchisee was running the boutique. Maybe it would have been free under the directly-owned boutiques...?