Show us your Longchamp!

Gorgeous! Any idea why the leather would be different?

It comes down to the quality of the hides that are used. When I am able to get my hands on two of the same style bag at boutiques or department stores, sometimes the leather feels substantially different. That's just nature.

I also own two Roseau Croco totes, and the leather on the one made in France is thicker and more supple than the one made in Tunisia. I'm not necessarily dissing one country of origin over another. Longchamp produces and distributes only a limited number of its leather bags, so the customer often doesn't have the luxury of choosing between two of the same style/color.

It comes down to the quality of the hides that are used. When I am able to get my hands on two of the same style bag at boutiques or department stores, sometimes the leather feels substantially different. That's just nature.

I also own two Roseau Croco totes, and the leather on the one made in France is thicker and more supple than the one made in Tunisia. I'm not necessarily dissing one country of origin over another. Longchamp produces and distributes only a limited number of its leather bags, so the customer often doesn't have the luxury of choosing between two of the same style/color.
That makes perfect sense. Now that you've said this, I'm reminded that I didn't like the 1st 3D bag. However, the 2nd one looked so much better, I bought it. There was a difference in the leather, one was finer, more refined. I never checked where each was made - wish I had now.

Reactions: Cosmopolitan