Scarves Show us your "Exceptional" scarves !

Just wondering if anyone has Carre de Notes? I'm thinking of buying it as it's beautiful IRL but when I look at it online it looks different. If you do have one can you please share if u're happy with it. I can't try it in the store as it's only avail online and the one I saw IRL at FSH was on display. Thanks in advance.

Check the Spring 2015 scarf thread - I seem to recall someone posting a picture there.

The boxes are part of the mystique I think. The box to thequadridge is massive. The box to some of the more expensive scarves even can be rosewood with special linings.

Agree the box makes one feel like you are opening a special gift or some jewelry~but they also make storing these treasured scarves fun.
They are meant to be heirlooms....

This is such a fabulous thread....here's a different request....I'd love to see one of the special rosewood boxes! Does anyone have one?

I was at FSH today, and an older SA took it upon himself to show me some limited edition scarves. He said they were only about 20 of them in France and only like 50 ever made. He took them out of some very large, multi-tiered, and elaborate orange boxes. Even the boxes were impressive! I ultimately passed on them, but I wanted to share them with the TPF community because some of you are huge scarf/shawl fans.

The first is a silk 90cm. I forgot the name. It was about 1500 euros. The sequins/beads are hard to see/appreciate in the picture, but they are elevated and much more noticeable in person.

IMG_1482003372.956332.jpg

The second is Jungle Love in 130cm of 100% cashmere. Price is 3550 euros. This one almost came home with me, but DW vetoed it. Again, the pic doesn't do it justice. The sequins shimmered with a blue electrique hue in the light. Without a doubt, I would have used this as wall art had DW given me the green light. The SA said it took over 200 hours to make this.

IMG_1482003680.845510.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the pics!!!

Aren't the embellished scarves gorgeous? I still remember a black/oatmeal Tigre Royale GM that had black beading. It was beyond gorgeous! Last time I was in my local boutique my SA and I were drooling a over a beaded piece, but I have blanked out on the pattern.

They even had a beaded blanked in Equator - I could have stayed at that for hours!

Thanks for showing these to us - enjoy your time in Paris!

Reactions: papertiger
Le Jardin de Leïla
Giant embroidered block print scarf in 70% cashmere and 30% silk (140 x 140 cm)

Colourful flowers, printed by hand using the woodblock technique, bring to life the lush nature of the Le Jardin de Leïla design, which is illuminated by embroidered pearls and brightly coloured silk thread.

Color : ivoire/fusain/multicolore

Designed by François Houtin

IMG_7642 copia.JPG

Yes, found time after dinner to take these pics!

Clair de Lune:

13954519404_b1dd7965cb_z.jpg

13930951481_86ec7271e1_z.jpg

13930960592_f243ab00a2_z.jpg

Thanks to all for showing this scarf - I bought one new from s reseller a couple years ago based on some tPF members' pictures in other threads! So lovely to see it tied - mine is still quite stiff. When worn in non-H environments, i.e. at my work place, nobody aprreciates its subtle beauty - great to know fellow tPF'ers known what it's all about :smile:

Thanks to all for showing this scarf - I bought one new from s reseller a couple years ago based on some tPF members' pictures in other threads! So lovely to see it tied - mine is still quite stiff. When worn in non-H environments, i.e. at my work place, nobody appreciates its subtle beauty - great to know fellow tPF'ers known what it's all about :smile: