Show me your Vintage Web Medium Boston Bag with Web Detail!

Yay, I can join the club! Just received this web boston in white today from a friend who never used it (not even once!) and sold it to me for a mere $375! It is brand new. What a pal! I really DO owe her a dinner and a night out. She seems to do this a lot...buy a bunch of bags for retail and never use them and end up selling them very cheap to friends. Yes, she is filthy rich and can afford it, but it seems to be a habit of hers. Actually, I've got that Gucci OCD thing going on so who am I to judge?? :graucho: I am just so thankful! I LOVE to go visit her, she has two huge rooms as a closet and one room is strictly for bags. I really MUST snap a pic next time I'm there and show you guys. It is TDF!!!

Attachments

• WEB BOSTON MINE 1.JPG
    WEB BOSTON MINE 1.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 569
Yay, I can join the club! Just received this web boston in white today from a friend who never used it (not even once!) and sold it to me for a mere $375! It is brand new. What a pal! I really DO owe her a dinner and a night out. She seems to do this a lot...buy a bunch of bags for retail and never use them and end up selling them very cheap to friends. Yes, she is filthy rich and can afford it, but it seems to be a habit of hers. Actually, I've got that Gucci OCD thing going on so who am I to judge?? :graucho: I am just so thankful! I LOVE to go visit her, she has two huge rooms as a closet and one room is strictly for bags. I really MUST snap a pic next time I'm there and show you guys. It is TDF!!!
Nice

Is there any way you can get the Boston Web to stay firm in it's shape?

thank you

THAT is the one problem I knew I had to deal with. Since my friend stored the bag unstuffed it is a bit "wobbly" looking and I knew I would have to fix it. Once it's fixed it will pretty much stay fixed but until then I must STUFF the living out of it concentrating on the deformed parts, which are the front sides of the bag. I, literally, have one bedsheet, about 8 of my sons sweaters and whatever else I could find. The key is to overstuff and let it sit that way. I also found the leather sides have turned a bit inwards which I am using a clothespin to straighten them out. I used the clothespins with the bag unstuffed (careful not to scratch the leather) for about 2 hours. Then STUFF and after one night of being stuffed, it has fixed itself dramatically. Here, I will show you pics of the problem (unstuffed and before sitting stuffed overnight) because it is hard to explain. One more night of overstuffing and my bag should be good as new and will stay that way, as long as I store it stuffed also. My 80's boston was deformed like that and with the coated canvas it was much harder to reshape then these bostons, but it gave in eventually. Give it a shot, uhpharm01, and if you have any questions, IM me. Good luck, sweetie. :smile:

Attachments

• Fix Gucci Problem Areas.jpg
    Fix Gucci Problem Areas.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 552
  • fix gucci comparison.jpg
    fix gucci comparison.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 553
THAT is the one problem I knew I had to deal with. Since my friend stored the bag unstuffed it is a bit "wobbly" looking and I knew I would have to fix it. Once it's fixed it will pretty much stay fixed but until then I must STUFF the living out of it concentrating on the deformed parts, which are the front sides of the bag. I, literally, have one bedsheet, about 8 of my sons sweaters and whatever else I could find. The key is to overstuff and let it sit that way. I also found the leather sides have turned a bit inwards which I am using a clothespin to straighten them out. I used the clothespins with the bag unstuffed (careful not to scratch the leather) for about 2 hours. Then STUFF and after one night of being stuffed, it has fixed itself dramatically. Here, I will show you pics of the problem (unstuffed and before sitting stuffed overnight) because it is hard to explain. One more night of overstuffing and my bag should be good as new and will stay that way, as long as I store it stuffed also. My 80's boston was deformed like that and with the coated canvas it was much harder to reshape then these bostons, but it gave in eventually. Give it a shot, uhpharm01, and if you have any questions, IM me. Good luck, sweetie. :smile:
Thank you so much for all of your help when I get my Boston Bag and will be sure to post photos.:smile:

Here is the boston I bought last week, if only bostons come in smaller size I would get one for myself. This was the last piece at Sydney store.

377015_10150476447344555_779504554_8468038_444249112_n.jpg

I just love this one. It's so different. :smile:

What do you think of this new Vintage Web Leather Medium Boston? This one is the Navy color (exclusive to Saks). The leather is gorgeous and the guccissima trim looks great. The color is actually bluer than in the photo - beautiful shade (photo is dark). My only concern is will it bother me when it breaks in and the smooth leather starts to show "wrinkles". You can already see faint traces of this in the picture, but I think it's just the nature of this leather. I love the Vintage Web Boston, but shy away from the GG fabric and the colored stripes because I don't think it coordinates as well with any outfit. Opinions?
Beautiful