Shouldn't take it personally but..hit buying limit?

Abba13

O.G.
Oct 29, 2013
I kinda did/do take it personally.

Sunday, last night, I tried over and over to purchase the Azur key pouch and Azur Speedy 35 online. After the order went through, I received an email stating they apologize but,
We unfortunately are not able to accept your order
I made sure all my info was correct and tried again. In fact, I tried several more times only to receive the.....not able to accept your order. I finally gave up, concluded, there must be a problem with their site. This morning I tried yet again, same email response, so called LV.

The nicest young man didn't understand the why, said there were plenty Speedys, however the little pouch was unavailable. He did take my order for Speedy, I received the confirmation email instead of the cancellation....YES!.....had a little celebration chat and said our goodbyes.

A bit later, in comes an email from LV, another cancellation email. Huh?

I called back, spoke with a very sweet young lady who put me on hold to find out the 'why'.....maybe some of you already know what happened next. Because I had tried so many times, apparently too many, I have to wait a month before trying again.
Wait.....what?!
I said if that were the case, it should have gone through the first time because at that time, I had only tried once yet was cancelled. No matter, there was nothing she could do.

Sooooo.......I'm being punished for trying too many time to purchase a bag......??? Never in all my life.....I've been around a long time.....has anything like this happened. Never ever would I even think that something like this could happen.

Whew.....glad someone thinks it's as odd as I. No, there was/is no reason to have canceled the first order. I pay my credit card off each month. My shipping address is the same as billing. I purchased the CarryAll, a Speedy 25 in Azur, and the Alma PM in a relatively short period of time..... isn't that a good thing? I gotta say, it squashed my joy of looking for more.....maybe that's a good thing......no! That's not a good thing. I did send an email in hopes my story will reach someone's ears....someone who will look into why this happened. Although, if they called, apologized, and gave me the all clear to try again, the stubborn side of me wouldn't allow my doing so. At any rate......isn't life interesting. In the scheme of things, it's not important, just sooooo annoying.

It happened to me with my first online order at LV that it was cancelled 2 times. Calling the customer service the nice lady found out that it was due to my shipping address which the system considered as a company address and not a private home. I placed a new order with a different address and it went through. Have you checked that?
That you have tried too many times is silly reason :sad:

I tried to buy a cles 7 (!!!!) times online.
Same thing. Got 7 confirmation mails and 7 sorrys.
I didn’t bother calling cs to begin with.
LV is very very weird lately. I can’t stand their excuses anymore, so I just don’t bother.
I know it’s sad, you can’t get your hands on an item you really want and have not bought once before.
Good luck on getting your desired item soon!

Hmm did you check if any of the purchase limitations might apply to you (number of leather goods in a year or month). I believe it’s 4 in a month and 12 in a year? That’s the one possibility off the top of my head.

Either way this is totally frustrating! Hope you can get the bag you want eventually and still enjoy it...

Reactions: missconvy

Sunday, last night, I tried over and over to purchase the Azur key pouch and Azur Speedy 35 online. After the order went through, I received an email stating they apologize but,
I made sure all my info was correct and tried again. In fact, I tried several more times only to receive the.....not able to accept your order. I finally gave up, concluded, there must be a problem with their site. This morning I tried yet again, same email response, so called LV.

The nicest young man didn't understand the why, said there were plenty Speedys, however the little pouch was unavailable. He did take my order for Speedy, I received the confirmation email instead of the cancellation....YES!.....had a little celebration chat and said our goodbyes.

I called back, spoke with a very sweet young lady who put me on hold to find out the 'why'.....maybe some of you already know what happened next. Because I had tried so many times, apparently too many, I have to wait a month before trying again.
Wait.....what?!
I said if that were the case, it should have gone through the first time because at that time, I had only tried once yet was cancelled. No matter, there was nothing she could do.

Sooooo.......I'm being punished for trying too many time to purchase a bag......??? Never in all my life.....I've been around a long time.....has anything like this happened. Never ever would I even think that something like this could happen.
That is crazy. I’m so sorry you are going through this!

Are you in the US? Maybe try ordering directly from a sales associate in store?

The online says items are out of stock, yet there are stores that have the items.

I’m returning an Azur Cles because it was a gift and I have one. I can return at a store or a Saks if that helps you?

Reactions: Suburbachic

Wait.....what?!

Did you check your credit card company? That would have been my first call. My cc company seems to always flag online orders if the charge is somewhat high. I’ve had it happen with lv.

Did you check your credit card company? That would have been my first call. My cc company seems to always flag online orders if the charge is somewhat high. I’ve had it happen with lv.

I'm not sure if this the case with OP...I recalled in my recent order I put in my cc info and it was off by one digit. After receiving the confirmation email, LV sent me another email stating they're having cc issue with my order, but they don't cancel my order right way and informed me to contact CS so they can get it resolved and proceed with fulfilling my order. The verbiage is just different. :hrmm:

Yeah, thinking the same. CC companies monitor your spending pattern, if you do anything outside the "band", or shop at a store you haven't shopped at, they flag the purchase and won't let it through. CC companies are extremely stringent these days, I think maybe they are facing many, many fraudulent online purchases, so are extremely vigilant these days. Too vigilant.

Reactions: Iceskate and snibor

Wait.....what?!

how long has it been since you purchased your last LV? If it’s been 5 months or more you may need to go into a store to make a purchase. LV is doing weird stuff lately ‍♀️

Omg so this is the reason!!! I kept trying to purchase a key pouch only to get the cancelled email like 30 seconds later. Tried all weekend long. I’ve only bought 2 things in 2 years and none were key pouches so I know I didn’t hit any limit! When another one came up I used my husbands email and card and it went through. Now I know what the problem was!!!! I did the chat and they just said it was out of stock but I knew it was something else. Thanks now I know it’s not me LOL

Reactions: whateve
Thanks for all your input. As far as ideas offered.....my credit card is used to my spending. I don't know if that's a good thing? ;) I only get notices checking to make sure I indeed made a purchase when I go out of state. So, no problem there.

Yes, I do live in the US.

I have ordered 6 items in a short period of time. Two I sent back when I was trying to decide which bag I preferred....the winner was the Alma PM. At any rate, I have kept 4.....the last is to arrive tomorrow....the Kirigami key/pouch/charm to use with my Carryall.

The only thing I've read from you all that might be the culprit is I hit my purchase limit. There is a purchase limit? Seriously? Is that true or perhaps a theory? One has to make a list of what one would like to purchase and then time the purchases so one doesn't hit one's limit?

If the above turns out to be the case......well.....I won't buy from a company who has such absurd rules. I can't imagine LV telling a celebrity or similar....whoops!....you've hit your purchase limit. Come back in a month. They can run their company the way they feel most comfortable no matter how odd. On the other hand, I won't allow anyone to put me on restriction and be grateful once the restriction ends.....a humiliating idea.

Thanks for all your input. As far as ideas offered.....my credit card is used to my spending. I don't know if that's a good thing? ;) I only get notices checking to make sure I indeed made a purchase when I go out of state. So, no problem there.

Yes, I do live in the US.

I have ordered 6 items in a short period of time. Two I sent back when I was trying to decide which bag I preferred....the winner was the Alma PM. At any rate, I have kept 4.....the last is to arrive tomorrow....the Kirigami key/pouch/charm to use with my Carryall.

The only thing I've read from you all that might be the culprit is I hit my purchase limit. There is a purchase limit? Seriously? Is that true or perhaps a theory? One has to make a list of what one would like to purchase and then time the purchases so one doesn't hit one's limit?

If the above turns out to be the case......well.....I won't buy from a company who has such absurd rules. I can't imagine LV telling a celebrity or similar....whoops!....you've hit your purchase limit. Come back in a month. They can run their company the way they feel most comfortable no matter how odd. On the other hand, I won't allow anyone to put me on restriction and be grateful once the restriction ends.....a humiliating idea.

Correction: I have ordered 7 pieces, not 6, returned 2 in less than a month.
Kept:
Carryall
Alma
shoulder strap
Azur Speedy 25
Kiragami pouch