Should I sell this?

Doodles78

Jun 18, 2014
Help me decide… I am interested in a piece of jewelry and thinking of selling this silver caviar reissue mini to help fund. It won’t fetch me enough to actually buy the jewelry piece I’m looking at.
Pros of this piece: it is caviar (super durable), I wear a lot of silver/white gold and cool toned clothing. Good for travel and day to night looks.
Cons: I have two other mini reissues (so black and red). Don’t carry this bag more than maybe 10 times a year.

IMG_4878.jpeg

Reactions: Cas321
I have different thoughts...
First, do you love this silver color? If yes, silver is hard to come by in a Chanel bag as it does not come out often.
Second, while you have a black and red bag, those colors are hard to pull off if you are wearing a light summer outfit.
A black bag looks harsh in the summer with light clothes, and a red bag might clash with summery colors.

As you said, this is a cool toned bag, and in the world of Chanel, cool toned bags with SHW are rare these days.
Most bags have GHW which kills the cool tone look.

If you love this silver color, I would keep the bag. If you are not crazy about a silver bag, I would sell.
I would not sell just to fund something else if you love this bag.

Just be a bit patient to get your jewelry piece. Collecting luxury goods is a journey, not a race to get everything in one shot.
Have fun along the way and keep collecting!

I have different thoughts...
First, do you love this silver color? If yes, silver is hard to come by in a Chanel bag as it does not come out often.
Second, while you have a black and red bag, those colors are hard to pull off if you are wearing a light summer outfit.
A black bag looks harsh in the summer with light clothes, and a red bag might clash with summery colors.

As you said, this is a cool toned bag, and in the world of Chanel, cool toned bags with SHW are rare these days.
Most bags have GHW which kills the cool tone look.

If you love this silver color, I would keep the bag. If you are not crazy about a silver bag, I would sell.
I would not sell just to fund something else if you love this bag.

Just be a bit patient to get your jewelry piece. Collecting luxury goods is a journey, not a race to get everything in one shot.
Have fun along the way and keep collecting!
That is also a very good point.

Reactions: BigAkoya