Should I? Dionysus edition

Hi Minie,

I think your GG Supreme is completely unique and different from anything in your Gucci collection (even your WOC). I agree - the monogram with the taupe suede gives it such a vintage classic look. I think it's a totally different look from the black leather version (also beautiful).

If it goes with your wardrobe and the chain isn't too taxing I would definitely keep it. This sounds silly but maybe wear it around the house for a bit and see how the chain feels. I realise the WOC chain is smaller but they're made of the same hardware so I'm surprised it feels like an issue.

As I said earlier on when you were deciding, I wish I didn't love the bag as much as I do because I have more VERY expensive handbags on my wishlist and want to keep the size of my collection as manageable as possible (10 or below).
No matter how many times I line up my bags to decide which ones I'd consider selling to fund/justify new purchases I just can't conceive selling it!! For me, it's a forever bag!
It's part of Gucci's classic line. Even if you decide to sell it later you'd get a lot of interest for it.

Good luck deciding.

I'm not sure what makes the bag heavy, the chain isn't that heavy, maybe the bag?, it just that it gets heavier when i put things inside.
Anyway, after wearing it around the house, it gets better. Starting to get use to the weight and chain.
It is indeed a gorgeous bag!! I'm loving it more now than i did when i unboxed it. happy that we can be bag twinnie :love:

I'm not sure what makes the bag heavy, the chain isn't that heavy, maybe the bag?, it just that it gets heavier when i put things inside.
Anyway, after wearing it around the house, it gets better. Starting to get use to the weight and chain.
It is indeed a gorgeous bag!! I'm loving it more now than i did when i unboxed it. happy that we can be bag twinnie :love:

Awww. So sweet. It's seriously a gorgeous, unique and well made bag! So glad to hear you're enjoying it. Also, I like it even more now that the Influencer hype around it has died down. A timeless classic with a vintage feel. It's so lovely for you to have a new addition to your Gucci collection! Enjoy! Xx

Reactions: Mei90
Hi all: I am fairly new to the whole designer purse game. I own one LV. That’s it. SO I got some money for my birthday and want to spend it on a new purse. I know purses like Chanel are classics and will always be in style, but am unsure regarding other purses, and would like to make sure I make a good purchase that will last me years. Do y’all think the Dionysus is a new classic or a trend? TIA!
Love the Dionysus, I collected a few color. I thinks it’s a classic. Buy what your heart sings.

Awww. So sweet. It's seriously a gorgeous, unique and well made bag! So glad to hear you're enjoying it. Also, I like it even more now that the Influencer hype around it has died down. A timeless classic with a vintage feel. It's so lovely for you to have a new addition to your Gucci collection! Enjoy! Xx

Thanks Catherine :love: Totally agree, definitely a timeless classic, love love the look and functionality!!

I have the Dionysus in the blue blooms print and love it. The Dionysus itself is a classic structured bag. I think the only thing that may make it look dated is what material/color it is. But either way, buy what you like. As long as it makes you happy who cares.

Reactions: Mei90
thanks for showing your bags. I too am considering the Dionysus in black leather. I don't go to too many formal events. Most of the time, Im just running to and from the soccer field. I was concerned that the buckle would look too fancy but then I just turn it inwards. Its like a nice secret just for me to feel special.

I have the green Dionysus and not so happy with the way it looks.

Seeking help for a different question: I have had my Dionysus for a few years (small; canvas + red suede). I love how stunning it looks. The pop of red really makes a statement! But I don't find myself reaching for it as an everyday or going out bag because of how heavy it is. I have only used it a handful of times when I went to events or dinners. Should I sell it?

Seeking help for a different question: I have had my Dionysus for a few years (small; canvas + red suede). I love how stunning it looks. The pop of red really makes a statement! But I don't find myself reaching for it as an everyday or going out bag because of how heavy it is. I have only used it a handful of times when I went to events or dinners. Should I sell it?
No. If you aren’t certain that you want to sell, then you’re not ready to sell.

Reactions: Loriad
thanks for showing your bags. I too am considering the Dionysus in black leather. I don't go to too many formal events. Most of the time, Im just running to and from the soccer field. I was concerned that the buckle would look too fancy but then I just turn it inwards. Its like a nice secret just for me to feel special.

I have the green Dionysus and not so happy with the way it looks.
The green is gorgeous.

I have a red Blooms Dionysus and I just ordered a preloved blue Blooms too, so as soon as it arrives I have a couple. :lol: I love Dionysus, I think it’s a classic and very unique bag.:smile: