Should I? Dionysus edition

Thelittlebee

Sep 9, 2019
Hi all: I am fairly new to the whole designer purse game. I own one LV. That’s it. SO I got some money for my birthday and want to spend it on a new purse. I know purses like Chanel are classics and will always be in style, but am unsure regarding other purses, and would like to make sure I make a good purchase that will last me years. Do y’all think the Dionysus is a new classic or a trend? TIA!

Or do you think it's already looks dated?

What do you think of this bag?
Would you still get this bag brand new?
And if you own it, Do you still use and keep them in your collection?

dd5ce6b3cf866e15c01a067bb3344f72.jpg

I have the GG Supreme Dionysus in small with beige suede (same as photo) and still absolutely love it. I have often considered selling it because some of my friends think the design is too "loud". However it's unique in my very lady-like handbag collection. I still find it so striking and love its vintage vibe. It's very well structured, has no wear or tear and is virtually indestructible! I think it's an extremely well made bag in terms of quality.
In fact, only in the last month I asked the good people of purse forum if I should keep or sell it. I've considered selling it along with a Fendi handbag to fund a new, expensive purchase.

Unless I really need the money, I plan to keep it. It's stunning and really can dress up or down. I love it with long boho dresses or an all black combo. It literally goes with everything and I don't have to 'baby' it due to its hard canvas. I know they're both very different flap bags, but I consider the Dionysus to be an alternative to my black Chanel classic flap in terms of versatility.

The bag has had at least one price increase since I purchased and I'm pretty sure the Dionysus is part of Gucci's classic line. It's an extremely well made beauty and the price point is still a lot better than the exorbitant prices from other fashion houses. If you get sick of it you could always sell it. As I recently found out, there's still a big market of people keen to buy the bag.

The Dionysus is a very distinctive style. I know some find the bag very bold and brash. Especially in the monogram style. I personally love them. They are more of an evening/ business style so much more so than some of the other Gucci Styles. I also own other Gucci bags but admit I love the two Dionysus I have. As far as ‘in style’ I’d say that depends. The Marmont line seems to be everywhere lately. But I will say that this is definitely a bag that has had appeal to bloggers world wide since it’s release in 2012/2013. I own the leather hot pink mini and the Emerald Shanghai Blooms in the Medium Size. I buy what I like and what fits my wardrobe and lifestyle whether it’s currently the ‘in’ thing or not.

I have the GG Supreme Dionysus in small with beige suede (same as photo) and still absolutely love it. I have often considered selling it because some of my friends think the design is too "loud". However it's unique in my very lady-like handbag collection. I still find it so striking and love its vintage vibe. It's very well structured, has no wear or tear and is virtually indestructible! I think it's an extremely well made bag in terms of quality.
In fact, only in the last month I asked the good people of purse forum if I should keep or sell it. I've considered selling it along with a Fendi handbag to fund a new, expensive purchase.

Unless I really need the money, I plan to keep it. It's stunning and really can dress up or down. I love it with long boho dresses or an all black combo. It literally goes with everything and I don't have to 'baby' it due to its hard canvas. I know they're both very different flap bags, but I consider the Dionysus to be an alternative to my black Chanel classic flap in terms of versatility.

The bag has had at least one price increase since I purchased and I'm pretty sure the Dionysus is part of Gucci's classic line. It's an extremely well made beauty and the price point is still a lot better than the exorbitant prices from other fashion houses. If you get sick of it you could always sell it. As I recently found out, there's still a big market of people keen to buy the bag.

Hi there
Thanks for your reply..
Two years ago i purchased the small dionysus in all black leather but returned it and got the WOC in all black leather instead.
I was never really into the canvas/monogram bag before but now i fell in love with this dionysus!!

Can't decide to get the canvas with the beige suede or black suede. What do you think? I saw on youtube someone said that the lighter suede color will show more wear and tear sign, and she suggest to get it in the black suede... But i felt like the beige looks more neutral and blend together with the canvas...
Did you ever consider the canvas with black suede?
Thank you.. xx

Edit:
Oh and do you think the bag is heavy?