Share your VCA ring

Butterfly BTF ring in Lapis

View attachment 5629799
Your ring is beautiful, but my eye is stuck on your watch!
The Pont des Amoureux is my favorite of all the VCA watches. I could stare at that movement all day, and even that gorgeous back! I remember the back was beautiful.

If I ever get into feminine watches, your watch is the bomb to me, and I want one, just like your combination!
VCA complication watches are the ultimate blend of art and technology to me!

I love love love it, and that watch looks magnificent on you!

By the way, is yours the new Kiss-On-Demand version (it looks it is, I see the left pusher)?
I would play with that all day long! :nuts: :heart:

Last edited:
Reactions: missie1
Your ring is beautiful, but my eye is stuck on your watch!
The Pont des Amoureux is my favorite of all the VCA watches. I could stare at that movement all day, and even that gorgeous could back! I remember the back was beautiful

If I ever get into feminine watches, your watch is the bomb to me, and I want one, just like your combination!
VCA complication watches are the ultimate blend of art and technology to me!

I love love love it, and that watch looks magnificent on you!

By the way, is yours the new Kiss-On-Demand version (it looks it is, I see the left pusher)?
I would play with that all day long! :nuts: :heart:

Awwww thank you. Actually this watch was how I came to know the brand name VCA about 15 years ago. I saw someone showing off the watch and I was mesmerized by the movement and the story behind. But when I found out how much it cost I was like, I would never be able to afford it and even if I could I would be out of my mind to spend that much on a watch. But I found myself staring at the watch every time I came across it over the years, so finally I pulled the trigger during the pandemic.

Yes it’s the kiss-on-demand version. I love how you call this version :biggrin: This change, plus the new easy strap swapping mechanism is what prompted me to get the watch. I’m usually a gold/rose gold person so I thought the newer rose gold/purple version would suits me better, but after trying on both and comparing side by side, I decided to go with the classic combo and also got the leather straps in all available colors. I’m eyeing the Lady ArpeL’s Feerie watch now. It’s definitely a slippery road…

Awwww thank you. Actually this watch was how I came to know the brand name VCA about 15 years ago. I saw someone showing off the watch and I was mesmerized by the movement and the story behind. But when I found out how much it cost I was like, I would never be able to afford it and even if I could I would be out of my mind to spend that much on a watch. But I found myself staring at the watch every time I came across it over the years, so finally I pulled the trigger during the pandemic.

Yes it’s the kiss-on-demand version. I love how you call this version :biggrin: This change, plus the new easy strap swapping mechanism is what prompted me to get the watch. I’m usually a gold/rose gold person so I thought the newer rose gold/purple version would suits me better, but after trying on both and comparing side by side, I decided to go with the classic combo and also got the leather straps in all available colors. I’m eyeing the Lady ArpeL’s Feerie watch now. It’s definitely a slippery road…
What a great story, and you absolutely made the right decision.
I am of the thought that one only needs fabulous pieces in a jewelry collection, not a ton of just "stuff".
If you just wear the same amazing watch everyday, it's enough! Your watch is it!

Next time you go in to look at watches, check out the Planetarium. You may have already looked at it and poo-pooed it from you list. The Planetarium is my second favorite watch. It's not a feminine frou frou watch. Rather, this watch is a technology masterpiece. It is one of the top 10 watch complications, truly a combination of art and science.

It is basically the universe on your wrist, and the little stones are the "planets" that rotate around the sun. The planets move in the watch exactly in time as the planets are moving now in the universe. The awe of the universe means many different things to different people, and each person can find beauty and meaning in this watch, on top of the superb technology. I just love this watch.

The men's version is very different than the ladies as the men's version has six planets around the sun.
Check out both versions if you have not already.

I can't wait to see your next fabulous piece!

You were so so so smart (or lucky) to have waited to get the new version. The Kiss-On-Demand version came out in 2019, so your timing was perfect! I don't get credit for that phrase... When the new version came out, that's what all the watch enthusiasts called it and said "you can make your watch kiss on-demand!" :biggrin: :heart:

What a great story, and you absolutely made the right decision.
I am of the thought that one only needs fabulous pieces in a jewelry collection, not a ton of just "stuff".
If you just wear the same amazing watch everyday, it's enough! Your watch is it!

Next time you go in to look at watches, check out the Planetarium. You may have already looked at it and poo-pooed it from you list. The Planetarium is my second favorite watch. It's not a feminine frou frou watch. Rather, this watch is a technology masterpiece. It is one of the top 10 watch complications, truly a combination of art and science.

It is basically the universe on your wrist, and the little stones are the "planets" that rotate around the sun. The planets move in the watch exactly in time as the planets are moving now in the universe. The awe of the universe means many different things to different people, and each person can find beauty and meaning in this watch, on top of the superb technology. I just love this watch.

The men's version is very different than the ladies as the men's version has six planets around the sun.
Check out both versions if you have not already.

I can't wait to see your next fabulous piece!

You were so so so smart (or lucky) to have waited to get the new version. The Kiss-On-Demand version came out in 2019, so your timing was perfect! I don't get credit for that phrase... When the new version came out, that's what all the watch enthusiasts called it and said "you can make your watch kiss on-demand!" :biggrin: :heart:

The Planetarium is absolutely amazing! I’ve watched the videos about its movement but haven‘t seen it in person yet. However, as much as love it, I’m not ready to add it to my wishlist yet due to its cost.

Reactions: BigAkoya
So a few months ago I saw these earrings on fashionphile, and I immediately had to have them. They’re one of my favorite pieces :smile:
It seems as though that the person who had these earrings made also had this ring made (amazingly in my large, MTO size). At first I was apprehensive about it, but later decided I should get it just to try it on (it is returnable) as I haven’t ever been able to try on a VCA BTF ring in my size. I have two two butterfly rings already ordered, the lapis and pink sapphire ones, but was worried they wouldn’t fit since I can’t try on any stock pieces. At least now I know that the ones I have ordered should fit well if they fit similarly!

But now onto the dilemma….
Eventually, I wanted to add the MOP two butterfly ring, I am not sure if three two butterfly rings is a bit much, however they are by far my favorite ring style by VCA (folie des pres and noeud get second and third!)

I wanted to get opinions on what people thought of this SO lucky alhambra compared to the stock rg mop butterfly ring (picture of @eternallove4bag’s beautiful one for easy reference). If I were to keep this one I wouldn’t get the two butterfly one, they’re too similar. I’m not sure if this one has the same elegance level as that one. I also find it weird that the diamond motifs on the earrings don’t match the ring. But, the idea of a matching set that I don’t need to wait over a year for is also nice too. What does everyone think?

70CB373D-157E-4F79-B325-7608A4315749.jpeg

53AC31B6-8D9C-4AC4-8513-D8FD3B822718.jpeg

B3BB194F-DEFC-4942-8E57-D3BA1295E107.jpeg

4AC43267-1388-4D29-AFFA-C7EBD0D30349.jpeg

So a few months ago I saw these earrings on fashionphile, and I immediately had to have them. They’re one of my favorite pieces :smile:
It seems as though that the person who had these earrings made also had this ring made (amazingly in my large, MTO size). At first I was apprehensive about it, but later decided I should get it just to try it on (it is returnable) as I haven’t ever been able to try on a VCA BTF ring in my size. I have two two butterfly rings already ordered, the lapis and pink sapphire ones, but was worried they wouldn’t fit since I can’t try on any stock pieces. At least now I know that the ones I have ordered should fit well if they fit similarly!

Eventually, I wanted to add the MOP two butterfly ring, I am not sure if three two butterfly rings is a bit much, however they are by far my favorite ring style by VCA (folie des pres and noeud get second and third!)

I wanted to get opinions on what people thought of this SO lucky alhambra compared to the stock rg mop butterfly ring (picture of @eternallove4bag’s beautiful one for easy reference). If I were to keep this one I wouldn’t get the two butterfly one, they’re too similar. I’m not sure if this one has the same elegance level as that one. I also find it weird that the diamond motifs on the earrings don’t match the ring. But, the idea of a matching set that I don’t need to wait over a year for is also nice too. What does everyone think?

View attachment 5639037

View attachment 5639038

View attachment 5639039

View attachment 5639040
I like the two butterflies ring on you more.

View attachment 5639037

View attachment 5639038

View attachment 5639039

View attachment 5639040
@kelsenia I absolutely love the idea of having a matching set and the lucky butterfly earrings and BTF ring set looks so pretty together. Just because you have two other butterfly BTF rings coming, I am tempted to say keep the lucky ones and forget about the MOP/pave butterfly BTF ring. However to me, the white mop/pave butterfly BTF ring is the epitome of all butterfly rings. Maybe I am biased but it’s such a neutral beauty that you can wear it with everything. I am not a fan of the lucky Alhambra butterfly line but that’s just me. If you love it then I say keep and rock it. At the end, you have to love the pieces to the point that you have zero doubts about it otherwise it’s too much money for the added stress of always second guessing.

• Love
Reactions: kelsenia

View attachment 5639037

View attachment 5639038

View attachment 5639039

View attachment 5639040
I have the tiger eye version of your earrings and I adore them. Your SO version are gorgeous.
I personally am not a matchy person and I am not a fan of the Alhambra rings. I just find them flat. I would get the two butterfly ring instead if you want another ring with mop. Otherwise I believe your earrings will go beautifully with the rings you already ordered and if it were me I would not get a 3rd butterfly ring.

I like the two butterflies ring on you more.
That hand is actually @eternallove4bag's, but I agree I think it looks better!
@kelsenia I absolutely love the idea of having a matching set and the lucky butterfly earrings and BTF ring set looks so pretty together. Just because you have two other butterfly BTF rings coming, I am tempted to say keep the lucky ones and forget about the MOP/pave butterfly BTF ring. However to me, the white mop/pave butterfly BTF ring is the epitome of all butterfly rings. Maybe I am biased but it’s such a neutral beauty that you can wear it with everything. I am not a fan of the lucky Alhambra butterfly line but that’s just me. If you love it then I say keep and rock it. At the end, you have to love the pieces to the point that you have zero doubts about it otherwise it’s too much money for the added stress of always second guessing.
You're totally right...I feel like it has to be a LOVE situation and that isn't there for me with the ring, but is with the earrings. I'll just be patient and wait for those other two BTF rings and then decide :smile: But yes, your MOP ring is over the top beautiful!
I have the tiger eye version of your earrings and I adore them. Your SO version are gorgeous.
I personally am not a matchy person and I am not a fan of the Alhambra rings. I just find them flat. I would get the two butterfly ring instead if you want another ring with mop. Otherwise I believe your earrings will go beautifully with the rings you already ordered and if it were me I would not get a 3rd butterfly ring.
Yea the alhambra ring doesn't have the same curves/3d aspect that the two butterfly does...maybe thats why I don't love it as much! Patience is a virtue and I just need to be patient waiting for mine to come in already lol

Reactions: eternallove4bag
I absolutely love this set. Remember, I prefer pieces in classic colors that are just a little bit different, so this set rings my bell...just gorgeous. With that said, I think owning three of two butterfly rings, OR this ring AND the two butterfly BTF would each be redundant.