Share Your Latest VCA Purchase

I went through this dilemma too - and several visits. With what you have...the 1 Row and I say that because its simple, elegant and, well the yellow gold works with the rest of the yellow gold you have. I do encourage you to try the Serpenti in yellow gold too, just to compare designs in yellow to yellow. There is no denying (in my opinion) the Serpenti has more bling with 1 carat more diamonds, however, it is a particular, though classic to Bvlgari, design. Do you plan to add anything else to your stack? For ex: if you decide to later add (just adding examples here not necessarily suggestions) the slim sweet clover or the thin or full pave Love I'd go Serpenti.
Dear glamour bag, I do have the clover bracelet in YG and RG and a also signature perlee one! I don’t wear the clover bracelets daily as I find them a bit dressy for my casual lifestyle. Clover perlee single row adds a tennis bracelet look and casual at the same time. I do want to say if I were to buy one piece from Bvlgari it would that serpenti Bracelet in white gold with diamonds! Mixing metal doesn’t bother me and the more the merrier :smile:

Dear glamour bag, I do have the clover bracelet in YG and RG and a also signature perlee one! I don’t wear the clover bracelets daily as I find them a bit dressy for my casual lifestyle. Clover perlee single row adds a tennis bracelet look and casual at the same time. I do want to say if I were to buy one piece from Bvlgari it would that serpenti Bracelet in white gold with diamonds! Mixing metal doesn’t bother me and the more the merrier :smile:
Yes I have it in wg. I dont know, its a hard choice but.... I still think the Bvlgari is special. Let us know what you decide. :heart: :heart:

So beautyful ❤Can you take a picture of the pendant on yourself? Interesting to see how it looks
Yes, double please! I adore this necklace! I’m a sucker for pink sapphire.
I don’t know if I got lucky or unlucky but the earrings just became available too. I’ll post a mod shot of the set once I receive the earrings.

If you are already having second thoughts, my gut feel says it was an impulse buy because you heard it will be "discontinued."
I personally would return it. These pieces should be love at first sight, maybe second sight! :biggrin:

Your daughter might not even like VCA or butterflies, so I would not use that rationale to keep it. People use the "pass it down" rationale too often to justify a purchase, and it's such a waste of money in my opinion.

I believe in buying for you, what you love. You can then buy for your daughter, what she loves.
When your daughter gets older and loves & wants a particular special item, I would buy that item for her. It will be more special as she loved the item, she wanted it, and you bought it for her. She will treasure it. This is opposite of a "I like it and want to give you what I like" gift. Kids see gifts so differently these days in my experience. Kids feel ten times more special if you get them what they want.

If you are collecting VCA, I would buy what you love.
For me, I prefer a more elegant look. I too have thought about the butterfly BTF ring, but I concluded the butterfly collection is too girly and cutesy for me. Everyone is different of course lots of folks like the butterfly collection, and it's all personal taste and your fashion look. I would put it on and see if it is a reflection of you and your personal style.

Just my two cents. I hope that was helpful for you to decide.
Congratulations on your bracelet!
Dear @BigAkoya, thank you so much for your thoughtful feedback. I truly value your opinion. The more I think about the more I agree with your assessment of this impulse buy. I would much rather return and use the funds toward my top wishlist item - the frivole diamond sapphire pendant. It makes my heart skip a beat lol. Thank you again for taking the time to assist with my dilemma!

Added MOP to my onyx piece. Do any of you stack just two together? Do you stack with anything else?

View attachment 5297447
These are beautiful, and I especially love the YG MOP. I have two WG MOPs, and I wear them together. I wear then a bit loose (two links out), and I like that they sit next to each other creating a bolder look. You will see some ladies stack more than two... some go really bonkers! It's all preference, and if you like it, go for it! :biggrin:

Congratulations!

Dear @BigAkoya, thank you so much for your thoughtful feedback. I truly value your opinion. The more I think about the more I agree with your assessment of this impulse buy. I would much rather return and use the funds toward my top wishlist item - the frivole diamond sapphire pendant. It makes my heart skip a beat lol. Thank you again for taking the time to assist with my dilemma!
The Frivole pave is on your wish list?! You must run and get it! Return the butterfly for sure. :nuts::heart:
I love love love the Frivole collection, and if this is your first Frivole piece, it will not be your last.
You will love it. It is so elegant, chic, glamorous... Frivole is pure art, the three heart-shaped petals, angled as if the flower were blooming. It is such a beautiful collection!

I am so excited for you! :hugs:

By the way, if I may add (now you have me going on Frivole :biggrin:)...
I know you love the Frivole sapphire pendant, but while you are at the boutique, try on the WG pave version.
Frivole pave in WG is a different look, so try it on to see if you might like it. The diamonds sparkle like mad! Words cannot describe the fiery sparkle. I have the Frivole WG pave BTF ring and matching small pave earrings, and I love them.

My guess is you will still love the sapphire, but at least you tried the WG pave pieces. May I suggest also try on the BTF pave ring? It is my favorite piece! That ring is so so beautiful. I hope you might like it too and add that to your wishlist! :nuts: :heart::hugs:

Reactions: kvitka4u
Ahhh wish list is never ending! Perlee pave or Bvlgari Serpenti ?
@Belle-brune both are such amazing choices! I have the single row diamond perlee bracelet in RG and I cannot even begin to tell you how much I love and wear it. I either pair it with my perlee clover bracelet or just the pearls of gold perlee bracelet for a simpler look. It’s one of those underrated bracelets that is the quiet winner . It doesn’t scream ‘look at me’ but it’s elegant beauty just shines through. I was on the fence initially to add it because of the price point and whether it was worth to pay so much for such a ‘simple’ piece. I am glad I didn’t listen to those thoughts. It’s worth it to me because I love and wear it a lot. And that’s all that matters really.

Regarding the Serpenti, no doubt it’s stunning and I am contemplating getting it myself one day, maybe. I need to be sure about it so taking my time to mull over it this year.

Go with what tugs at your heartstrings. For me it was the single row pave Perlee bracelet and so it came home first.

Hi! With your stack, I would wear the Clover bangle which you already have. Your Clover is a beautiful bangle, and I do not think it's dressy at all (I recently asked my SA to send me a WG Clover and can't wait to get it!)

The Clover is pricey, but pricey jewelry does not always mean dressy.
At its core, the Clover bangle is nothing more than a beautifully crafted gold bangle. The metal work on the Clover is very detailed, and the milgrain edges are well done. However, it's just a beautifully done gold bangle. Yes, there a a few diamonds, but they are so tiny, you barely see them. The eye first sees the beauty of the metal work. Perhaps if you see the Clover as a lovely "gold bangle with a few diamonds sprinkled on it" you will see it in a different light and feel more comfortable wearing it casual. There are many ladies who wear non-branded gold bangles with diamonds casually everyday. I think a Clover bangle looks great casual, with shorts or jeans.

I personally do not think Serpenti goes with Alhambra or Perlee.
Alhambra and Perlee are collections with soft rounded edges. Both these collections have milgrain edge beading, hence Alhambra and Perlee work beautifully together. Serpenti is the opposite. Serpenti is a more architectural and sharp look, with the edges having a bezel-like frame.

In addition, because of Serpenti's thick bezel, the eye sees also a lot of white metal which gives it a cold look. Don't get me wrong, I love the cold white metal look, and platinum/WG are all I wear. However, in the case of the Serpenti, the sharp design plus the thick cool white metal worn next to the rounded Alhambra and warm soft YG is not a great look to me. This combo takes away from the beauty of each piece to me. That's just my opinion. Of course jewelry is very personal, and in the end, one should just wear what they personally love. There is not right or wrong with jewelry.

I really really really vote to wear your beautiful Clover. :heart: It's a gorgeous bracelet, and it will look fabulous with your Alhambra bracelets. If you truly love the Serpenti, I would think what else you will wear with it. If you plan to wear Serpenti with other VCA pieces, to me, the only collection I see it working with Lotus. I have a Lotus ring/earrings, and I can see it working well with the Lotus collection. The pointy edges of the Lotus flower will work with the sharp bezel edges of the Serpenti. The flower and the snake... the Garden of Eden theme! You may also have the Lotus collection, so perhaps try Serpenti with Lotus to see if you like it.
If Serpenti does not really go with your jewelry or fashion look and certainly if Serpenti is not love at first sight, I would pass on it.

Just my two cents for another point of view. Hope that was helpful. Good luck in your decision.

Hi! With your stack, I would wear the Clover bangle which you already have. Your Clover is a beautiful bangle, and I do not think it's dressy at all (I recently asked my SA to send me a WG Clover and can't wait to get it!)

At its core, the Clover bangle is nothing more than a beautifully crafted gold bangle. The metal work on the Clover is very detailed, and the milgrain edges are well done. However, it's just a beautifully done gold bangle. Yes, there a a few diamonds, but they are so tiny, you barely see them. The eye first sees the beauty of the metal work. Perhaps if you see the Clover as a lovely "gold bangle with a few diamonds sprinkled on it" you will see it in a different light and feel more comfortable wearing it casual. There are many ladies who wear non-branded gold bangles with diamonds casually everyday. I think a Clover bangle looks great casual, with shorts or jeans.

Alhambra and Perlee are collections with soft rounded edges. Both these collections have milgrain edge beading, hence Alhambra and Perlee work beautifully together. Serpenti is the opposite. Serpenti is a more architectural and sharp look, with the edges having a bezel-like frame.

In addition, because of Serpenti's thick bezel, the eye sees also a lot of white metal which gives it a cold look. Don't get me wrong, I love the cold white metal look, and platinum/WG are all I wear. However, in the case of the Serpenti, the sharp design plus the thick cool white metal worn next to the rounded Alhambra and warm soft YG is not a great look to me. This combo takes away from the beauty of each piece to me. That's just my opinion. Of course jewelry is very personal, and in the end, one should just wear what they personally love. There is not right or wrong with jewelry.

I really really really vote to wear your beautiful Clover. :heart: It's a gorgeous bracelet, and it will look fabulous with your Alhambra bracelets. If you truly love the Serpenti, I would think what else you will wear with it. If you plan to wear Serpenti with other VCA pieces, to me, the only collection I see it working with Lotus. I have a Lotus ring/earrings, and I can see it working well with the Lotus collection. The pointy edges of the Lotus flower will work with the sharp bezel edges of the Serpenti. The flower and the snake... the Garden of Eden theme! You may also have the Lotus collection, so perhaps try Serpenti with Lotus to see if you like it.
If Serpenti does not really go with your jewelry or fashion look and certainly if Serpenti is not love at first sight, I would pass on it.

Just my two cents for another point of view. Hope that was helpful. Good luck in your decision.

Yes that is so true. If I had the serpenti that would be the only piece I wear on the arm. It makes a big statement in my eyes.

Thank you so much for your input:smile: couldn’t agree more, I find VCA perlee pave and clover more feminine and most certainly wearable with VA bracelets! I would find it hard to match Bvlgari Serpenti with any of my pieces…while I will admire it from afar, my heart still sings to VCA in general!

Thank you so much for your input:smile: couldn’t agree more, I find VCA perlee pave and clover more feminine and most certainly wearable with VA bracelets! I would find it hard to match Bvlgari Serpenti with any of my pieces…while I will admire it from afar, my heart still sings to VCA in general!
My heart sings to VCA as well. All they need to do is make more white gold pieces! You and other yellow gold lovers have had your day in the sun for too long! :biggrin:

Bulgari is nice, but it's not for me. Not to mention... I find Bulgari has lost its way a bit.
At the height of its popularity (e.g. Elizabeth Taylor era and then in the 1980s era with their old Roman coin necklaces), they were truly viewed as a luxury jewelry house, especially with their unique pieces using cabochons. I personally now feel they want to become the Italian Louis Vuitton. Bulgari now sells handbags, ties, and even cutesy little leather bracelets for a few hundred dollars. :shocked: Since Bulgari is owned by LVMH, I am sure LVMH has been a big influence on their sales strategy.
I seriously doubt VCA would dilute themselves like this. VCA will always be a luxury jewelry brand first and foremost.

Now we need to see a mod shot stack with your gorgeous Clover! :nuts::heart:

The Frivole pave is on your wish list?! You must run and get it! Return the butterfly for sure. :nuts::heart:
I love love love the Frivole collection, and if this is your first Frivole piece, it will not be your last.
You will love it. It is so elegant, chic, glamorous... Frivole is pure art, the three heart-shaped petals, angled as if the flower were blooming. It is such a beautiful collection!

I am so excited for you! :hugs:
@BigAkoya You are one dangerous enabler! I’m going for the return tomorrow. Fingers crossed this will be the year I get my first frivole piece! Thank you again for offering your opinion. This gal appreciates it!

By the way, if I may add (now you have me going on Frivole :biggrin:)...
I know you love the Frivole sapphire pendant, but while you are at the boutique, try on the WG pave version.
Frivole pave in WG is a different look, so try it on to see if you might like it. The diamonds sparkle like mad! Words cannot describe the fiery sparkle. I have the Frivole WG pave BTF ring and matching small pave earrings, and I love them.

My guess is you will still love the sapphire, but at least you tried the WG pave pieces. May I suggest also try on the BTF pave ring? It is my favorite piece! That ring is so so beautiful. I hope you might like it too and add that to your wishlist! :nuts: :heart::hugs:
I sure will! I actually wanted wg piece from VCA next. I checked out 10 motif chalcedony necklace and it didn’t do much for me. I ended up with onyx and yg one. Now I want a change - need something refreshing and feel wg is just the piece to do it. I’ll keep you posted. Thank you!

• Love
Reactions: BigAkoya