Hermès Store VIENNA, Austria

varvara

O.G.
Jun 28, 2010
Hello, my dear fellow TPF members.

I wanted to post this thread many times in the past, I feel it is the right time do to so now.

Some months ago, I have received a PM from our fellow member (who shall remain anonymous, unless she will want to identify herself) where she asked my opinion on the treatment/services at the Hermés boutique in Vienna, Austria.

In her PM, she had complained about the treatment in the store, mainly that of the head manager xxx. She ordered a Birkin w her (the member is a regular client over there) and when she returned to inquire about her order many months later, the manager had simply said "....she had forgotten to order the Birkin and now the list is closed....".

Today, one of my friends, who lives in Vienna, had messaged me very angry, as she had also ordered a Birkin there 7 months ago and when she went to inquire, the manager told her the same, as to the other TPF member : "....she had forgotten to order it". So she was waiting 7 months for nothing- literally. Also a regular client, who had bought many items including some bags there before. She had called the Salzburg boutique immediately and is now waiting for the same bag all over again.

I had horrible experiences in the boutique myself before- but that is another story. I switched the store some time ago and now I am happy....

I personally know 2 people, also regular clients, who had written letters to the owner of the franchise, complaining about the manager and other staff members. Their letters remained without any reaction.

Now, I consulted this situation with my current SA who said she "..has heard of the situation there and people who have bad experience with this particular boutique should come forward and complain to Munich or the headquarters...".

I agree with this.

I would like to ask all members, who had experienced anything shady at this particular store to not be afraid, come forward and share it as this is simply unacceptable and something needs to be done about it.

I would also like to stress each and every word in this post is true and correct, exactly as written and stated here.

TIA! :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^Franchise stores have more "freedom" than the ones under the mothership. This store doesn't even print computer receipts, you leave with a hand written paragon saying "Cashmere Scarf, 860 Euro" or "Hermes Birkin 35, 6230 Euro". Yes.

They don't have the system monitoring how many bags they sold to which customer- they can pretty much sell anything to anyone. Because they are franchise.

Yep I'm still confused on the status of my croco birkin order, but I have long stopped believing it will ever come or even be ordered!

Also, I had ordered a Kelly, a PO where the
Manager had suddenly felt in the mood to
Offer me... And I didn't hold much hope it would be mine either after my birkin fiasco, but it did eventually become mine. Seeing that it was ordered and pre reserved by me, there should never have been any question it would be mine right? When it arrived i realised it was not shrink wrapped which meant it had been opened, but I didn't really care at that point and bought it. Much later I was told by my SA I was lucky to have been offered it- to which I replied why? It was my order! - she was really surprised and told me the bag had been offered earlier to another customer who had rejected it , and I realised had the customer not taken it it would not have been mine! While everything worked out for the best and I I'd get my bag, it really bothered me that while I was the true owner of that bag , my order and pre reservation was not honored at all.

Long story short- don't ever treat any order you make in this store seriously. I waited and gave them many chances on many orders, now I'm
just resigned to finding another store...

^^^Franchise stores have more "freedom" than the ones under the mothership. This store doesn't even print computer receipts, you leave with a hand written paragon saying "Cashmere Scarf, 860 Euro" or "Hermes Birkin 35, 6230 Euro". Yes.

They don't have the system monitoring how many bags they sold to which customer- they can pretty much sell anything to anyone. Because they are franchise.

Wow.....if the receipts are all hand written then cash sales can possibly go in the wrong "cash drawer"? Although, cc sales would be documented. I am curious as to what kind of computer/register system they have????

I agree about franchise stores.....certain Hermes Corp. policies can go by the wayside.
Very sad.

Reactions: Bagatha Christie
pianoprincessTHANK YOU for sharing this.

You are not the only one... Unfortunately!

And the only way there is any chance at all to change this, is to talk about it and report it w the officials, which some people are planning on doing already.

Last edited:
Wow.....if the receipts are all hand written then cash sales can possibly go in the wrong "cash drawer"? Although, cc sales would be documented. I am curious as to what kind of computer/register system they have????

I agree about franchise stores.....certain Hermes Corp. policies can go by the wayside.
Very sad.

exactly.

No register. Just a card terminal- and hand written receipts. Anyone who ever shopped there can confirm.

Last edited:
varvara said:
pianoprincessTHANK YOU for sharing this.

You are not the only one... Unfortunately!

And the only way there is any chance at all to change this, is to talk about it and report it w the officials, which some people are planning on doing already.

Would this help? I remember you have mentioned how people have wrote in complaint letters but were ignored. Id love to be a part of this and put forth my complaint too!

varvara said:
exactly.

No register. Just a card terminal- and hand written receipts. Anyone who ever shopped there can confirm.

OMG....
I believe you. I am just floored on so many levels. I honestly did not think a business could even operate like that now a days (taxes, etc) except for the cash only pizza place here in NYC.

The people complained to the owner of the franchise. If they complain to the corporation, might be a different song. Also, if people open this subject publicly in all honesty, also a step forward.

exactly. if such corrupt practices really are the rule and not the exception at this boutique, making complaints to the corrupt owner and SM won't make much of a difference. the corporation will be more interested since their image and reputation is at stake.