Setting a solitaire diamond. 6 prong or 4? Your preference

I really like the 4th one, Swanky. Here's a picture of mine. The ring has a low setting and I really like it. It was mentioned that the 4 prongs makes the stone look square. I guess it might, but honestly, I don't really mind.

Either way, it's exciting to look at all the options out there! :smile:

CIMG1092.JPG

it's beautiful and doesn't look square at all to me!
I think if the prongs are thick and the stone is a pretty modest size it could look square . . .
but I don't think it's absolute.

I'd LOVE to send Leon Mege my ring and have him work his magic :cloud9:
Maybe I'll start working on the DH for that . . . :thinking:

Thanks everyone for all the replies. I haven't been able to be here for a few days. Working too much. I am hoping to upgrade my 1/3 ct to a 1 ct RB. My 1/3ct has 6 prongs but I really like the look of 4. I was wondering about security with the 4 prong. Looks like it's about 50/50. Oh well. I am doing as much research as I can and you all are very knowledgeable and helpful. Thanks again.

I don't have a number. . . just nothing "large". I'm thinking of proportions really. A smaller diamond w/ 4 big prongs could look more square than a large diamond w/ the same prongs.
KWIM?

I really like the 4th one, Swanky. Here's a picture of mine. The ring has a low setting and I really like it. It was mentioned that the 4 prongs makes the stone look square. I guess it might, but honestly, I don't really mind.

Either way, it's exciting to look at all the options out there! :smile:

CIMG1092.JPG

Beautiful setting jcr!