Serial sticker peeling - fixing options?

imogen21

Nov 3, 2019
Hi there, I finally gotten my first Chanel and it’s a mini flap in caviar ghw. Fell in love and bought it preowned since I read that Chanel’s not going to produce minis in caviar anytime soon...
I asked the seller if there were any flaws and she said it is a super mint piece and there was nothing worth mentioning. But when I received the bag, the plastic covering the serial sticker is half peeled off. The rest of the bag is quite ok, creases on the flap but I can live with that. Quite annoyed so I’m wondering has anyone gotten the sticker repaired? Would Chanel store do it if I brought it in?
attached a photo for reference. Thanks very much
43BDD44E-68E1-4503-B52B-C618C9F9AB96.jpeg

Hi! I bought a new wallet and the first time I used it, I noticed that the sticker had completely fallen off! I freaked out and waited until my next trip to a city with a boutique. I met with the repair service department associates, who looked over my wallet, authenticity card, detached sticker, and receipt and concluded that they would not reattach the sticker. They said that even without the sticker, they know it's authentic, should I ever have a problem, and also they seemed to indicate that they had a record of the purchase (even though I bought it at a department store). Since I'm not planning to resell the wallet, this was a somewhat satisfactory resolution, and I was pleased that I didn't have to leave my wallet with them and take any additional risks.

In your case, this may not be what you want to hear if you think you may resell the bag in the future. Is there a way you can cover it to keep it from peeling further? I would still take it to a boutique and ask about it, if I were you. You may receive a different answer. Have you had the bag authenticated?

I'm sure your bag is beautiful and will bring you much joy! I also have a black caviar mini, and it may be one of my favorite bags!

Hi! I bought a new wallet and the first time I used it, I noticed that the sticker had completely fallen off! I freaked out and waited until my next trip to a city with a boutique. I met with the repair service department associates, who looked over my wallet, authenticity card, detached sticker, and receipt and concluded that they would not reattach the sticker. They said that even without the sticker, they know it's authentic, should I ever have a problem, and also they seemed to indicate that they had a record of the purchase (even though I bought it at a department store). Since I'm not planning to resell the wallet, this was a somewhat satisfactory resolution, and I was pleased that I didn't have to leave my wallet with them and take any additional risks.

In your case, this may not be what you want to hear if you think you may resell the bag in the future. Is there a way you can cover it to keep it from peeling further? I would still take it to a boutique and ask about it, if I were you. You may receive a different answer. Have you had the bag authenticated?

I'm sure your bag is beautiful and will bring you much joy! I also have a black caviar mini, and it may be one of my favorite bags!

thank you for sharing! yes I’ve gotten it authenticated by ironic here at the Chanel thread and also by authenticate4u. So all’s good

I’ll bring it to the Chanel store one of these days and will update this thread again :smile:

Reactions: tarheelap
Hii I had a similar issue with edges starting to lift on my sticker. I brought it into Chanel and they said they would send it in to the repair shop to be secured. It pretty much looks like they put on a layer of clear tape over it. But at least it’s not lifting and catching on things anymore. And it was no charge.

Reactions: imogen21
Update:

I brought it to a Chanel store in Singapore and the SA said they wouldn’t be able to fix the lifted clear sticker. I asked if they could replace the outer clear plastic layer but she insisted that it can’t be done. The opaque sticker with the serial number is still fully intact so I’ll have to be extra careful :sad:

• Sad
Reactions: daisykitty
Hii I had a similar issue with edges starting to lift on my sticker. I brought it into Chanel and they said they would send it in to the repair shop to be secured. It pretty much looks like they put on a layer of clear tape over it. But at least it’s not lifting and catching on things anymore. And it was no charge.
Do you have a pic of it? I have a similar issue