Sellier Birkin 40 is mentioned in today's NY times T magazine

Thank you PIPET83!! and what about the Evelyne Sellier? also limited for fw16? Both of yours are truly spectacular!!!

The Evelyn it will be regular,it is a man version. But not so common because of the leather. In fact it will be out in hunter leather in BLue electric for FW 17. My SM just had return from podium.

B40 it was a special edition limited for fw16. It was launched on Miami. It is made of hunter leather and it was only available in size 40. B,K 30,25. Can be made in sombrero or box. And it is regular. In fact sombrero or box are available in SO,s. The sellier B40 it is very different to regular B. You can compare the sellier Birkin with the ghost Birkin, the so black or the countour B/K.

Box is on the SO list now?! I haven't seen the spring list yet.

I just got mine sellier B40!! so hard to describe how excited i am now. i've been looking for so black for a while since i became Hermes fan 7+ years ago. Thanks for the explanations by PIPET83 and pretty99, now i know sellier B40 is a special limited edition for fw16. Hunter leather is not as shiny as box leather is, but it's still stunning. looking forward special limited one for ss17.

I just got mine sellier B40!! so hard to describe how excited i am now. i've been looking for so black for a while since i became Hermes fan 7+ years ago. Thanks for the explanations by PIPET83 and pretty99, now i know sellier B40 is a special limited edition for fw16. Hunter leather is not as shiny as box leather is, but it's still stunning. looking forward special limited one for ss17.

Congratulations on such a spectacular bag!!!! Enjoy it in good health!!!

The Evelyn it will be regular,it is a man version. But not so common because of the leather. In fact it will be out in hunter leather in BLue electric for FW 17. My SM just had return from podium.

Thank you for all the information PIPET83, my SA has said it was a special limited edition!!! This is the best forum!!!! Btw, I am a woman and just got myself the man version!!!! Didn't know!!! I love it though!!!

I don't own anything in box but can speak about sombrero, absolutely amazing leather... scratches do blend in and with time the leather becomes a bit shiny. Personally I have found it not only beautiful but extremely elegant .
Unfortunately while I think it is a beautiful leather, my experience hasn't been as good :smile:

I'm sorry to hear that ☹️.... I hope someday to have something in box and maybe then I will see the difference....
I know :sad: If my mom didn't have a totally scratched Sombrero Roulis that stains in rain, and if I didn't have a Sombrero Ulysse that's looking battered, I'd SO a Birkin...but I just don't trust the leather to hold up for years, whereas I have a box calf bag that's 65 and going strong :biggrin: I'm so glad you have a bag you love though!!

Reactions: footlocker