Secondhand bargains, let's see your cheap treasures!

I saw this in the corner of a (plant) yard sale ad and emailed and asked about it last night.They guy said they had several Buddhas for sale, but one wasn't for sale and he wasn't sure which one, so I should just come to the sale. It was raining this morning and I figured they'd cancel the sale. Beside the fact I was certain the one they weren't selling, was the one I wanted. I went anyway.(Nothing ventured, nothing gained). It was for sale (and they wanted 1/2 of what I was prepared to pay). I drove off with it in my trunk and thought I'd won the lottery.I still can't believe it is sitting in my yard.

IMG_8255.jpg

I saw this in the corner of a (plant) yard sale ad and emailed and asked about it last night.They guy said they had several Buddhas for sale, but one wasn't for sale and he wasn't sure which one, so I should just come to the sale. It was raining this morning and I figured they'd cancel the sale. Beside the fact I was certain the one they weren't selling, was the one I wanted. I went anyway.(Nothing ventured, nothing gained). It was for sale (and they wanted 1/2 of what I was prepared to pay). I drove off with it in my trunk and thought I'd won the lottery.I still can't believe it is sitting in my yard.

View attachment 5668936
I love when this happens !! Enjoy your new treasure!!

Reactions: Raven3766

View attachment 5668936
He is gorgeous, look at the patina!

Reactions: Pixie Cut
Lladro, it’s funny all these “things” I used to admire when we were first married but could not afford are what I find at the thrifts. Lenox, Armani, Lladro, to name a few.

View attachment 5669379
Collectibles are at an all timely right now. The " Gen Z's " want experiences, not things. I am a baby boomer, and I love " stuff!" I have many collections and am not sorry about any of it, more is more!