Hardware doesn't match - chain and CC different gold?

I JUST noticed the color difference on my 22a dark beige medium cf. honestly if I had not read about it one Instagram post and put the chain strap next to the CC as a result to check it I wouldn’t have noticed and I doubt others will too.

But yes, I do see the difference when I place them next to each other with the CC hardware looking more silver and the strap chain being yellow Gold. I’m fine though as the dark beige color is my personal favorite beige/taupe shade from Chanel.

Did you end up keeping the bag? Are other Chanel bags having this mismatched hardware as well or just CF’s?

Last edited:
I JUST noticed the color difference on my 22a dark beige medium cf. honestly if I had not read about it one Instagram post and put the chain strap next to the CC as a result to check it I wouldn’t have noticed and I doubt others will too.

But yes, I do see the difference when I place them next to each other with the CC hardware looking more silver and the strap chain being yellow Gold. I’m fine though as the dark beige color is my personal favorite beige/taupe shade from Chanel.

Did you end up keeping the bag? Are other Chanel bags having this mismatched hardware as well or just CF’s?
Yup I ended up keeping the bag. After some time it didn't really bother me. Like you said, hard to tell unless you're looking for it. I went into a Chanel store twice after I noticed and all other seasonal classic flaps I saw had the same difference.

If you go to sell these, it's going to be a problem. I'd get it fixed while you can.
I personally don’t plan on selling them but out of curiosity how would you go about fixing them? Take it to the Chanel store to get the hardware replaced on a new bag? Would they take it or would we have to pay? I’d love to hear options…

I purchased this classic flap from the boutique 2 years back (I think). I must admit I left it in the dust bag and haven’t used it since.

I took it out yesterday and noticed the color of the hardware is different on the strap versus everywhere else. I checked all my other classic flaps (which I have more than I like to admit) and they all matched. The rest of my classic flaps are 5-20 years old.

I looked at some other pictures. Seems like that's the design for this bag.

Any thoughts?

IMG_6814.jpeg

IMG_6816.jpeg

Last edited: