Searching for "non-traditional" Tiffany Engagement Ring

I think if you go with that infinity you are going to regret it in a few years. Your budget now might be tight, but in a few years it might not. Perhaps maybe you should get a band now, or a smaller solitaire/ribbon/bezet and upgrade in a couple years when your budget works better, and that will give you time to get used to wearing a ring. If anyone is crazy about potential for damage...it's me. Ask anyone on here. And yet, I have actual experience and education about diamonds. And I am still irrational!

I know you like the Circlet, but your future husband apparently did not care for it, and it sounds like it's important to you that you both like the ring you end up with.

The Tiffany Embrace is a beautiful low profile ring that provides a lot of sparkle. I know this thread is for non traditional options but I think the Tiffany Ribbon ring is absolutely stunning! All Tiffany engagement rings are in Platinum the chance of damage is pretty minimal as it is such a strong metal. Get what you love and just make sure you have Tiffany or a Jeweller (if there is no Tiffany near by) look at your ring every 6 to 8 months to make sure nothing is coming loose!

So funny that this thread was bumped, because I actually logged on just now to update it.

We went in to the store this past Saturday and it turns out.....the Ribbon ring IS within our budget! I was/am SO relieved. I was really not looking forward to trying to find another ring that "spoke" to me the way the Ribbon did. It will be a smaller stone with our budget, but I don't care about size.

So now, the waiting game begins :smile: Our two anniversary is coming up soon and we've spoken about not wanting to wait too much longer, so I know it's coming soon! Since I've been so involved in the ring selection, I don't want to know ANYTHING about the proposal. I've even told my parents I don't want to know when he comes to talk to them (I don't think they would have told me but I wanted to make sure!)

I'll let you know when it arrives :smile:

So funny that this thread was bumped, because I actually logged on just now to update it.

We went in to the store this past Saturday and it turns out.....the Ribbon ring IS within our budget! I was/am SO relieved. I was really not looking forward to trying to find another ring that "spoke" to me the way the Ribbon did. It will be a smaller stone with our budget, but I don't care about size.

So now, the waiting game begins :smile: Our two anniversary is coming up soon and we've spoken about not wanting to wait too much longer, so I know it's coming soon! Since I've been so involved in the ring selection, I don't want to know ANYTHING about the proposal. I've even told my parents I don't want to know when he comes to talk to them (I don't think they would have told me but I wanted to make sure!)

I'll let you know when it arrives :smile:

Congrats on your choice! Happy to hear you were able to find the ring that you love within your budget. Please post the ring once you get it!!

I got the ribbon ring! He proposed this past Saturday :smile: It was a too big, so we took it to be resized on Sunday, and it should be done by this Friday. I can't wait to wear it!

ame, you were so right when you said I would regret it if I went with the infinity ring. I think I would have regretted anything but the ribbon ring. I wore it for just a bit on Saturday and every time I looked at it, my heart sang the same way it did when I first tried it on in the store.

The Circlet is beautiful. Saw it in stores and has a very low setting. I also second the diamond wedding bands as opposed to a traditional ering. Also, have you considered the Elsa Peretti Swan Ring?? It's lovely!

I got the ribbon ring! He proposed this past Saturday :smile: It was a too big, so we took it to be resized on Sunday, and it should be done by this Friday. I can't wait to wear it!

ame, you were so right when you said I would regret it if I went with the infinity ring. I think I would have regretted anything but the ribbon ring. I wore it for just a bit on Saturday and every time I looked at it, my heart sang the same way it did when I first tried it on in the store.

Aww congratulations!! Can't wait to see the pics when you get it back!!!