saw a fake at macy's.

OMG! I was just at Macy's last night looking at purses (Coach). I also was at Nordy's and by far a better experience looking there. I wasn't buying...not yet. I will but am still trying to decide exactly which one I want. And no way in hell do I want to risk buying a fake.

If I were you I'd write a letter to the store manager and cc Corporate if you can.

hey there!
I work at Macys and you would be surprised as to how much this happens. Someone will come in and switch tags with a fake bag and return it, and a majority of the associates won't even realise it. I am kind of shocked though that when you told the SA about it they did nothing. Usually we atleast take a look at it. I bet you one of the problems is that Macys just hired a ton of seasonal people that really know/care about anything. Sorry about your experience, hopefully that person realises its fake and returns it!

That is just wrong. They should have listened to you more and maybe taken it off display to investigate. All they care about is money. I hope that woman finds out it's fake and brings it back.

corporate america, i tell you!
&& the macys i live in [upstate ny] just bought out a the retail department store 'kaufmans'. so idk.

plus, when i talked to someone [ a manager ] at a GUESS? store, she warned me not to buy many GUESS labeled things at the department store because they actually have permission to make something that is not AUTHENTIC and put their brand name on them. i guess as a big retailer, they have a right of doing that? idk? this was told to me when i asked her about the colors of a watch that i was interested in and they didnt carry at the GUESS store but did carry at that department store, and sure enough, i went to the site and none were made that color, i went to ebay and found some, and for the price they were going for, and quality as seen in the pictures, little details were not there. it mustve been a knock off

at least thats my story. =X

buttttt, poor women on buying that bag!

Oh geez that's awful!! That poor woman! Probably seasonal help...That really ticks me off..

WOW that is shady.. and it makes sense that SAs wouldnt really care if an item is fake as long as they get their commission. $261 at Macy's is a big purchase. That reminds me, I read a news article that said fake Coach bags were found at a Target! So beware!! :wtf: