Saut Hermes 25 crossbody (It's saut good I had to share!)

This is such a beautiful bag! And I haven’t found many reviews or posts on this except for here so I am grateful I recently managed to purchase one on the Hermes website ( and those of you who may know, it is so hard to purchase anything on there as it gets snapped up instantly!) without even doing my research I just went for it! I just received it today and I love it so much for it’s size, design, understatement, quality, you name it! But I’m hesitant on the hardware.. I’m usually a GHW person and I cannot decide if this PHW is going to bother me further down the track! Also afraid if I return it I might not get another one as I’m in Australia and our stock levels seem to be next to zero.
Mine is in the fauvre/orange poppy Bleu/indigo. I would have loved it in the Fauve/Noir/Caramel if I had the choice . What do you guys think? TIA! View attachment 4999240View attachment 4999242
I have a same one, great thing is that it comes in Barenia leather, and I love it!

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
A quick question-I dont know if this has already been addressed here and if so apologies!
I've liked the look of this bag since I first saw it and now its growing ever larger on my radar.
The only Hermes X body I have is a Jypsiere 31which is a great size but I find it hard work getting in and out of it so at some point I'd like another X body H bag with a back pocket (If the Jypsiere had that it'd be my perfect bag).
How much can you fit in your Saut?
I really like a roomy bag as I carry 2 iPhones (work and personal) and usually a kindle as well as masks, sanitiser and either a small square wallet or calvi.
thank you in advance :smile:
@maxroxxherhandbags here is the Saut with an iPhone X, Android Pixel 3, Kindle, mask, sanitizer, and wallet. - I've traveled with the Kindle in my Saut and it fits really nicely in the back pocket (as shown in the photo).

Attachments

• 2 phones mask kindle tissues wallet sanitizer.jpg
    2 phones mask kindle tissues wallet sanitizer.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 203
  • latched.jpg
    latched.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 209
Hi all,
It's been more than a year now and I am wondering if you still like carrying the Saut 25? What is the LEAST that you like or one thing that you like MOST?
Any input will be greatly appreciated.

p/s: Looking for a 'under the radar' kind of shoulder strap bag for rotation with my evelyne and BV Nodini.

I am not a heavy poster (more of a lurker) but I have been using heavily this since I picked it up last weekend and have been in love. Additionally this is a fairly new bag I haven't seen much about on the forums so far and wanted to do some sharing as I feel like it could be very usable and functional for folks who might have similar preferences as me.

A bit about me: Day to day, I prefer an easy to access crossbody for an active lifestyle and my Evelyne has been my day to day go to for several years now.

I'm loving the Saut Hermes 25 because:
  1. It's easy to access but not so huge you are rummaging around.
  2. Holds the essentials and then some (Without stuffing I've gotten my my bose headset, tissues, kindle, card holder, two cell phones, keys in all at once)
  3. The strap is comfortable and adjustable for crossbody and shoulder bag wear (I'm 5'3)
  4. Great for walking - One of the reasons I use my Evelyne so much is that I do a ton of walking and this is very comfortable for that too
  5. Has a hinged flap for a little added security although so far I haven't used it that way so far - The hinge makes it optional but not required.
I completely agree with everything you've stated catin, and when my Barenia Fauborg version comes out of it's box I expect it will be in constant rotation. I believe @lanit has the bleu nuit version and is a fan as well. Some have expressed a preference for a more monochrome coloration but I've come to appreciate the equestrian reference in the hinge; I understand from my SA that because of the technical difficulty in executing that hinge, H tasked its more senior craftspeople with making this bag.

Hi all,
It's been more than a year now and I am wondering if you still like carrying the Saut 25? What is the LEAST that you like or one thing that you like MOST?
Any input will be greatly appreciated.

p/s: Looking for a 'under the radar' kind of shoulder strap bag for rotation with my evelyne and BV Nodini.
I still like carrying it - I like that it has the option to be very easy access if the flap is flipped over towards your body or a little more mysterious to unwanted eyes/hands if the flap is flipped over the bag pockets. Also the two slim pockets are helpful for keeping things organized. And it's flexible enough that I can stuff a csgm in (a bit indelicately) while I'm eating.

Hi,
Thanks for your input - I am now very certain that the Saut will be my next bag. :wave:

I still like carrying it - I like that it has the option to be very easy access if the flap is flipped over towards your body or a little more mysterious to unwanted eyes/hands if the flap is flipped over the bag pockets. Also the two slim pockets are helpful for keeping things organized. And it's flexible enough that I can stuff a csgm in (a bit indelicately) while I'm eating.

It seems that there's quite a lot of leather on this bag, can anyone please tell me if it's heavier than E29?
@yoshikitty I can’t compare it to the E29, but I love this bag so much but couldn’t pull the trigger due to the weight. The metal bar underneath the stripes of leather makes it too heavy for it to make sense for me, personally. Despite all this, it still occupies a space in my brain because the design is so gorgeous and it’s such a practical bag.

@yoshikitty I can’t compare it to the E29, but I love this bag so much but couldn’t pull the trigger due to the weight. The metal bar underneath the stripes of leather makes it too heavy for it to make sense for me, personally. Despite all this, it still occupies a space in my brain because the design is so gorgeous and it’s such a practical bag.

Thanks a lot for your reply. I saw the Saut in Barenia Faubourg on the H website. I really want to have something in BF.
I like the form a lot, the size is perfect. I also love a crossbody bag. But I don't like the different colour pieces of leathers around the metal bar. At the end, I decided not to get it.

• Wow
Reactions: faab89
Thanks a lot for your reply. I saw the Saut in Barenia Faubourg on the H website. I really want to have something in BF.
I like the form a lot, the size is perfect. I also love a crossbody bag. But I don't like the different colour pieces of leathers around the metal bar. At the end, I decided not to get it.
I also wasn’t sure about the leather on the bar, but the close-ups posted here convinced me they were chunky enough to wear well (thanks everyone). I’ve ordered the barenia version and it’s on it way. Can’t wait :biggrin:

can you please post the photos once you have received the bag? :smile:
Here you go :smile: This is BF with caramel and noir, gold stitching and PHW. Smells absolutely gorgeous btw. Easily fits my phone in the back pocket and the things I need for everyday. The leather pieces on the bar are very well secured into the body of the bag, which isn’t clear from the h.com pics. I’m really pleased with it, I know I’ll be using it a lot:hbeat:

14EA5A41-2B10-4702-AC14-6DF1464C1406.jpeg0EFB9FEE-3297-44B7-B4AF-C45F09227B62.jpeg2FF0234A-952F-4ADE-9B40-7D3BCC2BC289.jpeg32201891-F2D7-4341-A57C-3BC5AF1B2D8C.jpeg