Same quality Marcie?

peachylv

O.G.
Apr 15, 2011
Hi all,

I have a medium Marcie crossbody in nut that I purchased in January 2012, so it was probably made in 2011. It’s awesome! I still wear it. Other than a bit of wear on the hardware and a bit of glazing on the strap, there’s no wear. The leather is fantastic. I would like to buy a small double carry Marcie in Europe this summer. However, even the European prices are high for me. My question is the quality the same as 10 years ago? Does anyone have an older Marcie as well as a newer model?

Reactions: Candice Wilson
Hmm well I just bought a new mini marcie crossbody from Neiman Marcus today and it arrived with a tear in its leather. I’m trying to find out if this is normal and their customer service support was no help. So maybe their quality has gone in recent years or I just got unlucky…

DE9481EB-8432-4B0B-A870-4A4745ED8B8D.jpeg

8ED52703-EC27-44DD-8E6F-D5E1BADBC2D8.jpeg

Hmm well I just bought a new mini marcie crossbody from Neiman Marcus today and it arrived with a tear in its leather. I’m trying to find out if this is normal and their customer service support was no help. So maybe their quality has gone in recent years or I just got unlucky…

View attachment 5793206

View attachment 5793207
Definitely not normal. My 12 year old mini Marcie doesn't look like this. I can also see the potential for that to get worse.

is not common
I bought a mini Marcie just last year. Mine isn't like this- no tears anyway and the glazing is "perfect" as far as I can tell. I definitely don't think this is normal.

Does anyone have an older Marcie as well as a newer model?
I have a much older... satchel? Original style? It's been so long I don't know what it's even called hahaha, but the standard Marcie. I bought it like 12 years ago and I think it's the same size as the medium now, but it's so old that it's before they added the cross-body detachable strap. Anyway I bought a mini Marcie last year and the quality feels comparable. My original Marcie was definitely not babied and is still holding up well. The leather feels quite similar- like the newer one doesn't feel significantly thinner or lower quality or anything. There's nothing that stands out to me that makes my newer mini Marcie seem inferior to my original, but I've also only had it for like 6 months and haven't had a chance to use it much yet. So I can't say if it will hold up as well in the long run.

Last edited:
Reactions: peachylv
I bought a mini Marcie just last year. Mine isn't like this- no tears anyway and the glazing is "perfect" as far as I can tell. I definitely don't think this is normal.

I have a much older... satchel? Original style? It's been so long I don't know what it's even called hahaha, but the standard Marcie. I bought it like 12 years ago and I think it's the same size as the medium now, but it's so old that it's before they added the cross-body detachable strap. Anyway I bought a mini Marcie last year and the quality feels comparable. My original Marcie was definitely not babied and is still holding up well. The leather feels quite similar- like the newer one doesn't feel significantly thinner or lower quality or anything. There's nothing that stands out to me that makes my newer mini Marcie seem inferior to my original, but I've also only had it for like 6 months and haven't had a chance to use it much yet. So I can't say if it will hold up as well in the long run.
Thanks! I’m glad to hear that.