Sale at H BH - what to expect?

Hah, nope, the sale doesn't start for another hour and a half. Still waiting. There's a nice woman in front of me who said that at a previous sale, where she was third in line, a group of women rushed to the scarf area and swept up ALL the scarves in their arms, dragged them to a corner in a giant pile and sorted through them for the next hour. She had to wait until they were done and dumped them back on the table before she could get the one she wanted. Smh. Hope it's not that crazy today. I am hoping for a scarf and a bracelet, maybe. Money tree is pretty bare but sales are so infrequent...

Good luck and can't wait to hear your report. Wow, amazingly rude behavior for
grown ups regarding the scarves, hope that doesn't happen to you!!

What's the parking situation like? Is there a lot or garage attached to the building? I'm hoping my 5:00 meeting about a mile or so away stays on for tomorrow evening! Then I'll just head there earlier!

Hah, nope, the sale doesn't start for another hour and a half. Still waiting. There's a nice woman in front of me who said that at a previous sale, where she was third in line, a group of women rushed to the scarf area and swept up ALL the scarves in their arms, dragged them to a corner in a giant pile and sorted through them for the next hour. She had to wait until they were done and dumped them back on the table before she could get the one she wanted. Smh. Hope it's not that crazy today. I am hoping for a scarf and a bracelet, maybe. Money tree is pretty bare but sales are so infrequent...

My recommended strategy for you:
If there's a specific pattern scarf you want, go look for that first because you will recognize it right away if it's in there. Otherwise go pick your favorite bracelet first. Be alert to the fact that sometimes "seconds" end up in the sale stock and enamels in particular may be vulnerable.

I've gone to the BH sales a few times over the years, but am ok to skip this. It's a kind of adventure for those unafraid of crowds ;)

Have fun!!!

Some men came out to set up the line. The door was open so people went to peek inside, including me. There's a counter full of scarves right at the front but I couldn't see past that. I'm excited!

What's the parking situation like? Is there a lot or garage attached to the building? I'm hoping my 5:00 meeting about a mile or so away stays on for tomorrow evening! Then I'll just head there earlier!

Parking is ridiculous. No street parking - everything is 1 hour max, so I parked in one of the BH public lots. First 2 hours free then $3 per 30 min. Max $22. Hth and good luck!

My recommended strategy for you:

If there's a specific pattern scarf you want, go look for that first because you will recognize it right away if it's in there. Otherwise go pick your favorite bracelet first. Be alert to the fact that sometimes "seconds" end up in the sale stock and enamels in particular may be vulnerable.

I've gone to the BH sales a few times over the years, but am ok to skip this. It's a kind of adventure for those unafraid of crowds ;)

Have fun!!!

Sweet, thanks for the advice! I don't have any particular design in mind for scarves, just hoping to get lucky. I really do want a clic h, though, so I'll go look for that first. :smile: