Rolex- Why no dedicated forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we're allowed to post links but the one I went to, while mostly men I guess, did have a section re women's watches if I recall correctly. I didn't notice racist, sexist or homophobic comments.
I'm sure we're thinking of the same forum. At the time I was active there, there was continual pushback and reporting of posts by the very few active women. Then some, myself included, just had to decide enough was enough. Maybe the recent moderation has corrected these definite problems.

I also got valuable info from reading there. Both things can, alas, be true.

I'm sure we're thinking of the same forum. At the time I was active there, there was continual pushback and reporting of posts by the very few active women. Then some, myself included, just had to decide enough was enough. Maybe the recent moderation has corrected these definite problems.

I also got valuable info from reading there. Both things can, alas, be true.
I was there several years ago (ten-plus). No reason to go there recently. sorry you had some unpleasant experience there

The Rolex site I go to sometimes is mostly men, and they seem to love the watches I don't care for (Paul Newman this, Steve McQueen that, root beer, pepsi, hulk etc.), but I have found useful info there.

Also (and I guess this is sexist) I don't exactly enjoy all the super closeups of the hairy wrists with the (imo) bigger clunky watches, though I totally understand that that is what guys are. I like looking at the watches on female wrists because (a) that's what I am looking to compare to; and (b) I enjoy seeing the other jewelry that accompanies the watches on our site (there is some major bling going on here:wtf::eek::tup:).

I wear a 36mm TT DJ and I am an old lady! I like the feel and look of a bigger watch plus I gotta be able to tell what the time is.:yes:

(Paul Newman this, Steve McQueen that, root beer, pepsi, hulk etc.),

I don't exactly enjoy all the super closeups of the hairy wrists with the (imo) bigger clunky watches,
HAHAHA when I was searching for advice, I frequented said forums as well. I seriously needed someone to translate these nicknames as well - kermit, batman, james cameron...:whut:

The Rolex site I go to sometimes is mostly men, and they seem to love the watches I don't care for (Paul Newman this, Steve McQueen that, root beer, pepsi, hulk etc.), but I have found useful info there.

Also (and I guess this is sexist) I don't exactly enjoy all the super closeups of the hairy wrists with the (imo) bigger clunky watches, though I totally understand that that is what guys are. I like looking at the watches on female wrists because (a) that's what I am looking to compare to; and (b) I enjoy seeing the other jewelry that accompanies the watches on our site (there is some major bling going on here:wtf::eek::tup:).

I wear a 36mm TT DJ and I am an old lady! I like the feel and look of a bigger watch plus I gotta be able to tell what the time is.:yes:
I will say I'm (or was) a big fan of Newman and McQueen. That watch style worn by paul back in the day cost hundreds and is now worth hundreds of thousands (even in beat up condition)

Reactions: kemilia
However these rolex sites are mostly meant for men. They love the expensive, big, ugly (to me) , complicated (which I don't appreciate) sports watches which many of us women are not keen. I also hope there be watch forum meant for women only.

Because rolex forums are generally meant for men. I bought many 36mm rolex in the past as the men said women look good in 36mm, smaller sizes are meant for old women only (what nonsense!). In the end, I sold almost all my 36mm rolex as they are really too big on a tiny wrist like mine. My wrist is exactly 5 inch only. I believe I am not the only super tiny wrist woman.

Moreover the men are mostly eurasians, they even said 7 inch wrist is tiny! OMG, thats men's definition of tiny!! Silly me, I really regret seeking advice from men's forums regarding what size to buy. Otherwise the rolex forums are really informative.

My 36mm platinum and gold rolex watches bump into walls, things, desk... everywhere, therefore scratches on bracelets and even on the sapphire crystals as I look closely at them (Gosh!). I also took out so many bracelet links that the watch dealer keep shaking his head while resizing my bracelets and keep sighing "what a pity!" as many fixed links are destroyed in the process of resizing the gold/platinum bracelets. I took a huge beating when I sold my 36mm white gold DD due to the resized bracelet.

I like the bag face watch to see time (clearer) but after so many bumps I sold all my 36mm away, leaving only my platinum Daydate. Actually I can wear big watches too but they have to be cheap materials like steel, leather, cloth, nato etc as I will surely bump into things due to the protruding lugs if more than 33-34mm.

The only rolex that I NEVER bump into things is my 31mm DateJust. In the Rolex forum they said 31mm is meant for gays and old ladies (really nonsensical!). So now I take a pinch of salt in the Rolex forum as I must remember I myself is a tiny lady not a man! LOL
That's why I really no longer go to the Rolex forums. Even the sub Reddit is mostly men and on the off occasion a woman post, the comments are so obnoxious I am unable to go through the feeds. I would certainly frequent a Rolex sub forum if one were created. The other option I guess would be a timepiece sub forum (which someone mentioned).

Status
Not open for further replies.