ring sizes... tight or loose?

How do you wear your rings?

• tight

• semi tight

• semi loose

• very loose

• flings hand and falls off

Results are only viewable after voting.
oogiewoogie- tight to me would be a 4.5, it will go on and need soap to get off. i use to wear a 4.5/5 about 20lbs ago lol

risingsun- i have the hot and cold issue as well. if i sit on my hands a 6 will start to restrict. I also have slight carpal tunnel which gets really annoying at night so instead of my real size i went up a bit. The whole goal was to not fling my hands and be opps where the ring go? =)

sizing it can compromise the integrity of the band/setting though. It's not a good idea to do it more than once or twice.

My wedding ring is semi-tight. I can easily pull it off, but it leavese a little indentation so it's definitely not loose! LOL!
I have the indentation as well, and my rings are not too tight at all. I blame it on 10+ years of wearing the wedding ring and 12 years wearing the e-ring...I always joke to DH that I cannot even pretend to be single, lol.

I wear between a 5 and 5 1/2 on my left hand and a 5 1/2 - 6 on my right. Anything bigger will fall off.

My knuckles are a good halfsize or more larger than my finger itself. SO they are snug as a bug in a rug over the knuckle and sometimes floppy below that.

I have the same problem!! I asked a jeweler about the correct size for a ring and she recommended a ring loose enough for it to be easily pulled off. Her motivation was the (unlikely?) event of an accident.

I wear my rings semi-tight. I hate for my solitaire to spin side-to-side between my knuckles, or worse, all the way around, as it did when I first received it. I got it sized to a 6.75 instead of a 7 so it wouldn't do that, but when my hands got cold it still spun around. I got a size 6.75, 5mm wedding band to go with it and that has somewhat alleviated the problem. For the most part, I just am always playing with my rings trying to get them situated into the "optimal viewing position," LOL! I don't think there is any perfect formula for sizing rings, if I had mine sized any smaller they wouldn't fit over my knuckles at all. And heaven forbid I ever gain a substantial amount of weight...the horrors! the horrors! :yahoo:Crap, I don't know how to just make a "wink" here!

I like to wear my rings quite loose - they slide off my fingers easily. I am the kind of person who HAS TO take off my bra as soon as I get in the house, and won't wear any jewelry in the shower or to bed. I hate the feeling of confinement, and the way tight rings make fingers look sausage-y. My other reason is kind of silly, but I like the "casual" look of rings that aren't too tight, kind of the way some belts are slung loosely across the hips.

I am the kind of person who HAS TO take off my bra as soon as I get in the house,

perhaps i may be too casual.. i don't even wear bras anymore lol i'm not big enough to the point i need the support. Maybe a little drag will make them bigger :wtf::wtf::wtf: oh yes i went there :tup: but i agree when i went home, makeup washed off, change and hair up!

Semi Loose

th_P2261768.jpg

I said semi loose. I took off my wedding rings & don't see any indentation. They pull pretty easily off but would never fall off. In the summer though, or after a lot of exercise when my fingers swell - they get tighter.

I have the same problem!! I asked a jeweler about the correct size for a ring and she recommended a ring loose enough for it to be easily pulled off. Her motivation was the (unlikely?) event of an accident.

LOL...the only time my rings are loose are when my hands are frozen or really cold and wet.

Mine are somewhat loose. They seemed to fit when I first had them sized but are loose enough that they sort of tilt sideways...the weight of the diamond perhaps? I wondered if they maybe need to be tighter to prevent this sidways slippage but hate when you have to struggle or bruise your knuckle to get a ring off. So for now I'll keep them as is but I might size down in the future if I buy a new ring.

You can have tiny little bobbles soldered into your ring shanks to stop that,I had it done for so many ladies who have large knuckles but a very dainty finger size,and the weight of the stone pulls the ring over.But the ring can go no smaller if she wanted to at least get in on.

I wear my ring quite tight,its a pain to get on and off,but when I'm cold my knuckle size seems to drop dramatically,and when I'm warm as I have skinny fingers,its comfy.
Does'nt quite leave a mark,unless its a really hot day and then it does,but I can live with that,I di'nt lie it tight at first,but I got over that,as I was just so worried about losing it,and now I don't notice it at all.
But it does freak me out if I want to get it off on a hot day and I can't!!!!!

Semi loose. They should probably be tighter but I wouldn't feel comfortable. I gave myself a real scare when I forced a ring on over my knuckle & then couldn't get it off. I was really panicking - eventually managed to get it off by virtually freezing my finger.

You can have tiny little bobbles soldered into your ring shanks to stop that,I had it done for so many ladies who have large knuckles but a very dainty finger size,and the weight of the stone pulls the ring over.But the ring can go no smaller if she wanted to at least get in on.!

Thanks Chaz! I had no idea that could be done and never heard of that before, in fact. I will most definitely look into that and try to get some more info about it. :yes:

I wear mine semi-loose. Having had a ring that was tight enough not to turn, but also tight enough that I couldn't get it off easily, I just wasn't going to go through that anymore. So now I have a semi-loose ring, and if it still turns in hot weather then I'll have those button things put on the inside to keep it from turning. The jeweler warns that some people find them uncomfortable, I'm hoping if I get them they won't be.

I just got my rings back and i think a 5.5 may still be too loose for me. They still slide off easily but since i have some extra baggage on my fingers i dont want them to look like sausages. I need to test them in cold weather.. maybe i should go wash the dishes and then fling my hands around