Rick Owens Lovers Thread

Just to note, there are a LOT of RO counterfeits out there, particularly the shoes, but all across the popular items. Please be careful if buying online from anyone not established and trusted.

23CC1759-FD20-467E-BFF5-2240FFA094C4.jpeg 87465BE5-4C7C-4D14-8319-3ED8E6A7D9CD.jpeg D6771BF8-5E2E-425E-8A18-469107705D8A.jpeg 00F88867-1951-4703-8788-DAE8936437B6.jpeg 4360CE75-77A7-4D11-B8A4-25223400104F.jpeg
Just to note, there are a LOT of RO counterfeits out there, particularly the shoes, but all across the popular items. Please be careful if buying online from anyone not established and trusted.
Hi Quellefromage :smile: I’m pretty sure the shop I got it from is trustworthy and I think looking at the details compared to pics on here that my jacket is ok. If you or anyone else could give me a second opinion though for peace of mind that would be fantastic and very much appreciated (it was your photo in the Hermes and edgy outfits thread that made me want a Rick Owens jacket in the first place!!)

View attachment 4062408 View attachment 4062409 View attachment 4062411 View attachment 4062412 View attachment 4062415
Hi Quellefromage :smile: I’m pretty sure the shop I got it from is trustworthy and I think looking at the details compared to pics on here that my jacket is ok. If you or anyone else could give me a second opinion though for peace of mind that would be fantastic and very much appreciated (it was your photo in the Hermes and edgy outfits thread that made me want a Rick Owens jacket in the first place!!)
Hi there! I am no authenticator, but I happen to be wearing a similar jacket right now and yours looks fine. I think shoes are the worst offenders. I have seen a lot of fake Geobaskets and yep, they make fake sock boots also.

I am bad, I have four RO jackets and want another!

Hi there! I am no authenticator, but I happen to be wearing a similar jacket right now and yours looks fine. I think shoes are the worst offenders. I have seen a lot of fake Geobaskets and yep, they make fake sock boots also.

I am bad, I have four RO jackets and want another!
Ah thank you :smile: It’s nice to get an opinion from someone who has one (or four!). I absolutely love your dark green one. I think I may ‘need’ a darker coloured one for autumn, dark grey in an ideal world!

Here are pictures. Could someone help me with authenticity?

I can’t find the care tags.

Size is just L. No numbers.

Attachments

• 3004FA0F-0B10-4F13-A20F-05A07A9D1951.jpeg
    3004FA0F-0B10-4F13-A20F-05A07A9D1951.jpeg
    107.3 KB · Views: 487
  • C3F3D465-1D34-42AE-8D50-5A5C788F94D9.jpeg
    C3F3D465-1D34-42AE-8D50-5A5C788F94D9.jpeg
    77.1 KB · Views: 489
  • 49661A20-4960-43F9-81C4-5EEB61F3EEA7.jpeg
    49661A20-4960-43F9-81C4-5EEB61F3EEA7.jpeg
    89.4 KB · Views: 485
  • 11DE52C3-C3F1-43F0-A1D5-573163865674.jpeg
    11DE52C3-C3F1-43F0-A1D5-573163865674.jpeg
    126.1 KB · Views: 490
  • 9C9E0100-5C09-40D3-9BDA-199784FE582A.jpeg
    9C9E0100-5C09-40D3-9BDA-199784FE582A.jpeg
    140.8 KB · Views: 495
Last edited:
Hoping someone can help me authenticate before the return window closes. I got two versions of the classic biker: one in blistered lamb that has been authenticated and another from ebay that I'm concerned about. The signature doesn't look quite right to me (the R isn't as thick on the left as I think it should be), it's missing seams on the front and there are no seams on the forearms like the one I know is authentic. The wool inserts are also much thinner. Lastly, the sleeve linings in the questionable one are white. I don't know if these differences are just due to it being an earlier season, or if I have a fake on my hands. If it's fake is a really good one, but this is my first Rick Owens, and I can't bear the thought of it being a fake. I love them both, but I like that the questionable one is thinner and how it drapes. It fits slightly bigger and is about an inch longer than the other one. I paid the same price for both of them, but the questionable one is in pristine condition while the other has obvious signs of wear. Any help is greatly appreciated!

KJtsf8y.jpg

Th1RkXF.jpg

plemt8p.jpg

iHfijPN.jpg

1fYk9fZ.jpg

vCuGTLn.jpg

dOnjUay.jpg

Xs85NMi.jpg

fxePaZ9.jpg

gWvKNbO.jpg

Hoping someone can help me authenticate before the return window closes. I got two versions of the classic biker: one in blistered lamb that has been authenticated and another from ebay that I'm concerned about. The signature doesn't look quite right to me (the R isn't as thick on the left as I think it should be), it's missing seams on the front and there are no seams on the forearms like the one I know is authentic. The wool inserts are also much thinner. Lastly, the sleeve linings in the questionable one are white. I don't know if these differences are just due to it being an earlier season, or if I have a fake on my hands. If it's fake is a really good one, but this is my first Rick Owens, and I can't bear the thought of it being a fake. I love them both, but I like that the questionable one is thinner and how it drapes. It fits slightly bigger and is about an inch longer than the other one. I paid the same price for both of them, but the questionable one is in pristine condition while the other has obvious signs of wear. Any help is greatly appreciated!

KJtsf8y.jpg

Th1RkXF.jpg

plemt8p.jpg

iHfijPN.jpg

1fYk9fZ.jpg

vCuGTLn.jpg

dOnjUay.jpg

Xs85NMi.jpg

fxePaZ9.jpg

gWvKNbO.jpg
It looks absolutely fine to me. As you said, there are seasonal variations, not only in stitching but also in leather thickness, length, zipper brand, thickness and knit of the inserts, linings, etc. The white lining in the sleeves is nothing to worry about. I have more jackets with white lining than with black.

Reactions: Manderooni
It looks absolutely fine to me. As you said, there are seasonal variations, not only in stitching but also in leather thickness, length, zipper brand, thickness and knit of the inserts, linings, etc. The white lining in the sleeves is nothing to worry about. I have more jackets with white lining than with black.
Thank you so much for your reply. Really put my mind at ease. Now I just have to decide which one to keep. Really want to keep them both because they're so different. Almost hoped it was a fake so I'd have an easy decision!

Re: the classic wedge boots, I have a pair and find them really easy to wear and very comfortable. I'm not a high heel person at all; my Rick wedges are the highest shoes I own but I find them really easy to walk in. I don't walk a ton on an everyday basis (my city is all driving all the time, blah) so I can't say how they'd feel after, say, a day walking around NYC but I do find them comfy and lighter than they look. I don't wear them enough but I think that's because I like them best with dresses and it's been too cold for dresses lately.

As for washing leather jackets, just reading that gives me the heebie-jeebies. I am getting to the point of needing to take mine to the cleaners and I am terrified!
I realize this post is dated ... however, I just happened to stumble upon it while researching something and please know it is totally cool and more than OK to wash Rick's leather jackets. I have known him since 1989 before he became the "Rick" everyone knows. He always washed his leathers and I do the same. Cold Wash, Gentle, Lie Flat to dry. Leather cleaners will totally screw up Rick's treated leathers. Hope this helps.

I realize this post is dated ... however, I just happened to stumble upon it while researching something and please know it is totally cool and more than OK to wash Rick's leather jackets. I have known him since 1989 before he became the "Rick" everyone knows. He always washed his leathers and I do the same. Cold Wash, Gentle, Lie Flat to dry. Leather cleaners will totally screw up Rick's treated leathers. Hope this helps.

Any fun stories about Rick?

Reactions: QuelleFromage
Thanks for this! I have a preowned blistered lamb jacket in pearl that was very slightly musty smelling and had slightly grubby cuffs and a small ink stain on the wool part of the sleeve. As it was older and fairly reasonably priced I popped it in the washing machine on a delicate cycle yesterday and thought I’d risk it. I rubbed a little delicate detergent on the ink stain and cuffs before I put it in. Well, 30 hours later and it’s dry, smells clean and no ink stain or dirty cuffs!! Fingers crossed the leather will be ok longer term as it must have dried out some, but for now it looks great!

Thanks for this! I have a preowned blistered lamb jacket in pearl that was very slightly musty smelling and had slightly grubby cuffs and a small ink stain on the wool part of the sleeve. As it was older and fairly reasonably priced I popped it in the washing machine on a delicate cycle yesterday and thought I’d risk it. I rubbed a little delicate detergent on the ink stain and cuffs before I put it in. Well, 30 hours later and it’s dry, smells clean and no ink stain or dirty cuffs!! Fingers crossed the leather will be ok longer term as it must have dried out some, but for now it looks great!

That's amazing! I would have never thought you could do this.

Reactions: Tonimichelle