Rhinoplasty with rib cartilage

I am sorry to hear that! Korea is definitely one of the best places in the world for surgery! I am looking into VIP clinic for rhino as well.

Primary or revision?
There are negative experiences by vip as well thats why i'm not quite sure yet.

Anyway, i spoke with someone who had 6 previous surgeries done in germany. He got his rhinoplasty at vip between ending of 2016, early this year.
And he is satisfied as you only could be. I saw his pictures before/after as well, and dr. Lee did a very amazing job.
But in my case im a little bit scared cause his nose seemed to be straight, preoperation not like mine.

Reactions: krod2017
Hi! Yes I wanted to know how you felt about the consultation with the Dr. I am highly interested in this procedure. Also What kind of nose shape did you have?

Hello! My nose wasn't too bad. I am full Korean and they say I have a nice bridge (side view) but my nose was a bit wide on the bottom (frontal view) so I decided to get rhinoplasty to get an nicer nose. The consultation with Dr. Lee was very nice. He listens and really tries to persuade that he will try to give you the best look for your face. The staff at VIP is also very nice. Downside, though I sent pictures on whatsapp to my consultant to what nose I wanted. I feel the doctor did not see them. I don't think my nose turned out the way I wanted but I am trying to stay hopeful because I am only two week post op. My tip protrudes way too out for my small face. I pretty much have a bird nose at the moment, but like I said, two week post op. Another downside is that they were very responsive on whatsapp before my surgery but after my surgery they don't respond very well. But I am happy I am still alive because I heard a lot of death stories and botched surgeries. I don't think my nose is botched but it protrudes too much so I am kind of sad at the moment because of this.

Reactions: jacobjarred30
Hello! My nose wasn't too bad. I am full Korean and they say I have a nice bridge (side view) but my nose was a bit wide on the bottom (frontal view) so I decided to get rhinoplasty to get an nicer nose. The consultation with Dr. Lee was very nice. He listens and really tries to persuade that he will try to give you the best look for your face. The staff at VIP is also very nice. Downside, though I sent pictures on whatsapp to my consultant to what nose I wanted. I feel the doctor did not see them. I don't think my nose turned out the way I wanted but I am trying to stay hopeful because I am only two week post op. My tip protrudes way too out for my small face. I pretty much have a bird nose at the moment, but like I said, two week post op. Another downside is that they were very responsive on whatsapp before my surgery but after my surgery they don't respond very well. But I am happy I am still alive because I heard a lot of death stories and botched surgeries. I don't think my nose is botched but it protrudes too much so I am kind of sad at the moment because of this.
Thank you for being very honest with your experience so far. I do know that rib cartilage rhinoplasty takes much longer to heal so the results will take longer to show. It is unfortunate that they have not been efficient in replying to you after surgery. I have heard a lot of good things about VIP clinix in terms of results so definitely remain hopeful. Please keep us updated on your results and journey!

Thank you for being very honest with your experience so far. I do know that rib cartilage rhinoplasty takes much longer to heal so the results will take longer to show. It is unfortunate that they have not been efficient in replying to you after surgery. I have heard a lot of good things about VIP clinix in terms of results so definitely remain hopeful. Please keep us updated on your results and journey!

Another thing I noticed is that I think VIP does well on American nose but not so much on Asians. Asians have smaller features like their eyes are smaller or face is small so when the nose is big, it really looks unnatural. I will try to remain hopeful but I think anyone else considering rib rhinoplasty with VIP should consider this.

Reactions: catelet and Muave
Another thing I noticed is that I think VIP does well on American nose but not so much on Asians. Asians have smaller features like their eyes are smaller or face is small so when the nose is big, it really looks unnatural. I will try to remain hopeful but I think anyone else considering rib rhinoplasty with VIP should consider this.
Hi! I am also looking into VIP as well! Do you by chance have kakao or skype? I would LOVEEE to learn more info from you!!

hello Tinlee,
I'll be heading to Korea this Friday for rhinoplasty. May I know how much you've paid for yours at VIP? Was the procedure you did called Harmony Rhinoplasty? I read up VIP website & it looks interesting & sounds promising. Would you mind Kakao me at Victoria or share with me your Kakao Id please so that I can get a referral from you please?

Would you be able to do piggy nose like the dynamic tip performed by Dr Kim at April 31? Thanks!

Rgds,
Victoria

Hi Victoria,

How was your exp with VIP - DR Myung ju Lee. I am planning for a revision rhinoplasty for a contracted asian nose.
Thanks
Shills

Hi @SandyMaxwell I just got rib cartilage rhinoplasty, genioplasty, and breast augmentation done at VIP international plastic surgery center. I don't know many other plastic surgery center that do this in SK but I think I read they also do it as some place called April31? Honestly, the name to me sounded so weird but I read some good reviews. I checked out the following plastic surgery places, Grand, TL, BK, MVP, Braun, Jj, and I went to Banobagi but they were so busy I just left. All these hospitals recommended silicone to me but VIP told me my nose needed more structure to achieve the nose I wanted and recommended rib (but they said silicone will also work on me.) I'm not sure university hospitals perform cosmetic surgery out here? But I maybe wrong?
As for pain, my nose does not hurt at all. Only downside is I couldn't breathe through my nose for about 3 days. The rib harvesting site hurts up to about 7 out of 10 (but I also got breast augmentation so that maybe why it hurts more). I spoke to another girl at the clinic today at cleaning who also got the rib rhinoplasty and she seemed less in pain than me. So maybe I am in more pain in that area due to my breast augmentation.
Hi Tinlee! May I ask for an update on your nose job? Is your nose still tall & protrude? You’ve stated in another post that VIP does well on American nose but not so much on Asian & it really looks unnatural & I’m very concerned about that since I’m planning to do rib rhino with VIP. I really am appreciative for any info or suggestions from you. Thank you :smile:

Reactions: jacobjarred30