RH leather vs. GH leather....

Yes, i noticed on my violet PT SGH the leather is much more better than any in RH. Thicker yet smooshy, less veiny, colour more even, and the seams better.
I think it has to be thicker coz its hold lots of hardware than RH

I don't think thicker is always better. I'm not too happy with the weight of some of these bags the past year, (referring to regular hardware). Recently I began to store all of my bags empty, in their dustbags and hang them by on hangers. I put the mirrors, extra tassels and tags in the dustbag. When I grab an '04, '05 or spring of '06 they are noticeably lighter. I'm going to weigh all of them and report back.
When I stopped by my Mom's today she was carrying her new Mastic City. I picked it up to look at it and it seemed to weigh a lot compared to the last one she was carrying previously which was her Greige. She had the same things in the Mastic that she did in the Griege. It reminded me of my gorgeous but insanely heavy f/w '06 caramel which I eventually sold. It was so gorgeous but the weight bothered me. My Rouge VIF '06 and my white '06 aren't heavy and they have soft, smooshy leather.
It's getting to the point where I really want to pick out my bags rather than buy them sight unseen.
Why oh why can't they make them like they did in '04 and '05. I like that leather so MUCH better. :girlsigh:

my theory is that they use nicer thicker leathers on GH because...

1. to support the heavier hardware.
2. GH is more expensive and it is a ploy to get us to buy the more expensive bags thus they can make more money.... since some of us prefer the nice thick leather.

90% of my bBags are GH... and the leather is just plushy & nicely distressed. I LOVE IT.. my 1 black rh Work, has thick leather but lacks the plush part... but still has nice leather on it... just a different type of leather. ;)

I went to nm today and looked at bags the sa's told me that they feel that the gh is very 2007 and not very classic at all. Now I am so confused should I get the work with rh or gh??? I am thinking about the marine work rh or black work with sgh?? Help..........

I personally don't own a GH city, but I have seen them IRL and from the pictures I've seen and threads I have read I've heard the leather is AMAZING! It's supposed to be very thick and chewy and plump and gorgeous!! HTH!

Uhm I think the leather really varies alot with the color and style, the great thing about Bal bags is there's wide individual variation per bag re smooshiness, veininess, etc .... even of the same colour and style.

But yes generally GH bags have thicker leather than RH bags, probably to withhold the weight of the GH.

I have a feeling that the leather is smoother and thicker on HG. I've heard that the leather of EB RH is thinner than SB RH. But my EB GSH city has thicker, smoother leather than my SB RH city