Reveal: Patchwork Borough

It could be just the pajamas. Hold off on deciding until you are dressed as you would be to wear it. I've thought that some bags are too big on me in my pjs only to rock them with the right outfit and some heels. :smile:

It is a gorgeous bag! It does look a little big for you. I'm wondering if it would look better if the crossbody strap were shorter so the bottom of the bag wouldn't be down at your knees.

It could be just the pajamas. Hold off on deciding until you are dressed as you would be to wear it. I've thought that some bags are too big on me in my pjs only to rock them with the right outfit and some heels. :smile:

Yes, maybe that is the case. Please model it for us in your day clothing. I do want it to work for you if you love it. Although, after buying bags forever, I also know that if I am second guessing something, it is generally not the bag for me.

Good luck!

Very close, 5' 3"! It would be an everyday bag. If it were a medium I wouldn't hesitate. But that's a lot of money to spend to not be sure.

I'm about your same height...and I think the large is too big for me. Everyone has their own eye to what looks right on them...for me, it's overwhelming due to it's boxiness. Especially on the shoulder strap.

I agree with the others, though, try it on with your everyday clothes see what you think.

I love the patchwork--I wish they made a medium size. I sooo would have bought it in a second!

Good luck with your decision! :P

Thanks for posting pix!!

Beautiful bag!

I like the large borough on me. I'm a few inches taller than you. The medium seemed too small for a work bag for me (aesthetically).

But then I bought the mini borough, and the first thing I noticed is that it looked better with a structured silhouette and heels!

I think you should try it on with the perfect outfit and shoes, then see how you feel. It may be more about the shape of the bag than the size.

Also check to see if they plan to make it in a medium.

I don't think its too big. I think with your regular attire on you can rock that. Block out what others are telling you and get dressed load it up and see if it works. The large is not too big for me. I took pics with it and it actually was sharp. I just prefer the weight of the medium. Take pics while you are dressed look at them on your phone then make a decision. Again I love this bag.

Try it on with the clothes you wear the most, or what you will most likely wear when carrying the bag. Sure, stilettos will rock the look, but it won't help if you don't wear them. :smile: I'm about 5'4", SAHM, but I don't often dress down. I typically have nice, darker, slim jeans with a dress casual top. I used to wear heels everywhere but recently I have been wearing more flats. I'm getting too wordy to say, the last time we were in the boutique, I tried a large Burough on and DH and I were impressed that it did not seem too big. We both always assumed it would be too large. One other thing, I carry mine high (handles over the shoulder) which may offset my height visually. I think the same is true in the pictures you posted. The long strap, where the bag hangs almost to your knees, obviously makes you appear shorter than the other strap.

Last, but not least, is how you feel when you look in the mirror with it knowing what you spent (because you made a comment about that yourself). Take your time and make the best choice for you! :smile:

ETA, pictures on your phone as suggested by the previous poster is an excellent idea too!

I really like this bag especially in the satchel pic!!! It's big, but to me it's not too big. I am a big bag fan and typically carry a large duffle, Kristin pinnacle tote, laila etc size bag as my daily bag though. I have the medium borough and was actually a little surprised at its size, it's actually a little smaller than I imagined and am used to.

I agree with others though, take a few pics in whatever you would wear it with and see how you feel. Sometimes just wearing slippers in my mod shots I feel like the bag doesn't work, until I put the whole outfit together and really get a better idea. I think the shorter strap looks great and would work if you wanted to wear it that way.

Go with your gut though, obviously you were drawn to the bag, and if it is sold out I would want to be 100% sure before returning. Even if it did come in a medium the pattern/look might not be the same... Just a thought. It's a gorgeous bag though, good luck with your decision!

I love this bag! That coloring and patchwork is incredible! I was going to agree with the 'it's too big on you' until you posted the second picture. After I saw that, I think you could get away with it especially all dressed up.

The first pic the bag wore you. The second pic I think you are okay. I say that because I've seen art and design people carry around larger bags for their drawings and plans and such. I would just think you were an artist or engineer or something like that.

As long as it's a work bag and not an errand bag, I wouldn't look at you strangely at all. If you're grocery shopping with it, I'd be back in the other camp and say you definitely need to go smaller.

Personally, I think that it is too big for you as an everyday bag. But, if you're going to use it as a work bag, then I would keep it for that reason.

Either way, the patchwork looks very cool.