reveal: my new studded edie

Love the style but not the price. As you said the Phoebe is the same quality leather, I can't justify to myself doubling the price just by adding studs. It is beautiful, but I'll have to admire from afar.

What is your opinion on the leather and lining?

I like the leather, and I am a picky person when it comes to leather as you all know from my posts on the leather quality of the rhyder 33 I returned. :P:biggrin:

The leather is smooth, light, and not as textured as the phoebe if that makes sense. It is a glove leather. I said in my reveal post that the leather was the same quality as the phoebe but that is not quite true. This leather because it is glove leather is probably a bit higher quality leather. (but not higher enough quality to justify a doubling of the price point on the bag in my opinion)

This has the new nylon lining but it is more subtle that the nylon lining on my grommet carlyle. I used to love the colored satin linings on my coach bags and I think it is a mistake for Coach to cheapen the bag and use cheaper synthetic linings. Again they are raising the prices while they lower the quality. They think no one is noticing, but we are. :cool:

That being said, the lining is subtle and is not an annoyance for me on this bag.:smile:

So....I returned the gunmetal rhyder 33 and a duplicate urbane bag and used the money to get the studded edie. I wanted something from the new Vevers collection and this is the one. It's love. :cool:

Here are some pics, sorry for the quality but I didn't have time to redo them.

studdedediefront.jpg

The studs are only on the front of the bag.

studdededieback.jpg

Here are a few modeling photos. Excuse my Sunday shlub around wear lol. :P:biggrin: The edie is a bit smaller than the large phoebe and a bit longer but same width as the small phoebe give or take.

studdededie2.jpg

studdededie4.jpg

studdededie.jpg

Wow!! Absolutely beautiful. This baby is on my wish list. Would have liked the studs to be on both sides for $895 though.

Looks perfect on you! Congrats. Enjoy!!!

Thanks cfc, ecj*waxy, and jenn805! Again, sorry for the bad quality pics, but I wanted to get a reveal out of this bag since there is only one more reveal of it on tpf to my knowledge and that was with one pic.

To answer questions, the style number is 33519 it was $895, it is not a higher quality than the phoebes in my opinion so it is not really worth that price but since in my "purse-logic" I bought the purse with money from returned bags and had already used the money, I justified it to myself. :P:shame:

The straps are not as comfortable as the phoebe, but close. They are bit thicker and less pliable right now, but I hope that will change. One keeps slipping a little. I have not worn the bag yet with stuff in it so I am hoping it will break in and be as comfortable as the phoebe. It is really close though, so the straps should not be a deal breaker if you are considering the bag.

Congrats on your gorgeous new Phoebe!! I " justify" the same way. I returned a bag to FP (with receipt and tags attached) and asked for a merch credit. I had already paid my amex bill, so to me the purse money was already spent:P!

Congrats on your gorgeous new Phoebe!! I " justify" the same way. I returned a bag to FP (with receipt and tags attached) and asked for a merch credit. I had already paid my amex bill, so to me the purse money was already spent:P!

You are my kind of woman, you think like me lol! :P:biggrin::cool:

Thanks everyone for sharing my reveal with me and for the compliments. :smile:

Some follow up comments based on questions in the thread: I looked again at the lining and its a plain black nylon lining. It looks and feels cheap. It is definitely not the lining you would expect on an $895 bag. Coach is going to have to stop simultaneously cutting corners and raising prices in my opinion. It will catch up with them. That being said, the lining does not have the coach siggies all over it so at least it is discreet.

abwd: I totally agree that an $895 bag should have studs on both sides. In fact all of the detailing on this bag is not any higher end than the usual run-of-the-mill fp coach bag except for the addition of the studs. That makes the studs cost $400 or so on the bag and it is a personal matter whether anyone thinks studs are worth $400. ($495 or so versus $895). I went ahead and got the bag because I wanted something from Vevers first collection (I bought a carlyle grommet bag too during the Macys sale, and the grommet borough but I am not sure those are truly Vever designs) and I had already spent the money so I was able to justify it to myself. If this were not Vevers first year and if I were spending from scratch, I probably would have waited for a discount on this bag.

But, I do not regret buying this bag, and when others inevitably get it cheaper, I will still be happy that I bought it and have it in my collection. :cool:

Last edited: