Return policy for Coach reduced to 30 days

I just noticed my shipping invoice does not include a free return label. The orders prior to October have the free return label.
Yeah, this is really weird. The PacMan wallet I ordered has faulty coloring (the black is almost completely visible through the PacMan and ghosts), so I called them about exchanging/getting a new one sent out. The CSR was like "oh, you don't have a return label... hmm, well I can email one to you or you can take it back to a store and get the replacement ordered." And she actually was encouraging me to go with the store option rather than send it, because "it will be much faster." Well, the retail stores are pretty annoying about taking back outlet merch, let alone re-ordering something from the outlet - and I'm not going to the outlet store for a while.

This whole cutting corners thing is really getting weird.... like I actually wonder if Coach is losing more than we think? First the return policy changing from unlimited to 60 days, then the warranty changing... then the return policy changing again from 60 to 30 days, now not even bothering to include return labels? Geez, you really have to wonder!

Reactions: LV.NYC
Yeah, this is really weird. The PacMan wallet I ordered has faulty coloring (the black is almost completely visible through the PacMan and ghosts), so I called them about exchanging/getting a new one sent out. The CSR was like "oh, you don't have a return label... hmm, well I can email one to you or you can take it back to a store and get the replacement ordered." And she actually was encouraging me to go with the store option rather than send it, because "it will be much faster." Well, the retail stores are pretty annoying about taking back outlet merch, let alone re-ordering something from the outlet - and I'm not going to the outlet store for a while.

This whole cutting corners thing is really getting weird.... like I actually wonder if Coach is losing more than we think? First the return policy changing from unlimited to 60 days, then the warranty changing... then the return policy changing again from 60 to 30 days, now not even bothering to include return labels? Geez, you really have to wonder!

Free return shipping labels were only included in coach.com purchases, not outlet purchases.

I just purchased a FP bag at the outlet today and took a peek at the receipt. Of course now as we know, it is 30 days. But I noticed another line in their policy " Retail merchandise may only be returned at a Coach Retail store and Outlet merchandise may only be returned at a Coach Outlet store."

Maybe I missed this before - it makes it a little more difficult. I purchase from both and sometimes I am returning/exchanging something from one or the other and want to just apply to the new purchase to make things more simple.

Also I had purchased something mid-December that had 60 days on receipt. Safe to assume they will honor it? Vs. saying they changed their policy?

I just purchased a FP bag at the outlet today and took a peek at the receipt. Of course now as we know, it is 30 days. But I noticed another line in their policy " Retail merchandise may only be returned at a Coach Retail store and Outlet merchandise may only be returned at a Coach Outlet store."

Maybe I missed this before - it makes it a little more difficult. I purchase from both and sometimes I am returning/exchanging something from one or the other and want to just apply to the new purchase to make things more simple.

Also I had purchased something mid-December that had 60 days on receipt. Safe to assume they will honor it? Vs. saying they changed their policy?
I think you should be okay. They had a longer return policy for the holidays.

It's annoying they changed the policy that you can't return retail stuff to the outlet, since there isn't a retail store within 250 miles of me. A long time ago, before I had an outlet but had a retail store, they had a policy that you couldn't return outlet stuff to retail but you could return retail to an outlet.

I'm glad I didn't reorder the hologram wallet on FOS now since I would have been stuck not being able to return the more expensive one I bought at FP.

It's annoying they changed the policy that you can't return retail stuff to the outlet, since there isn't a retail store within 250 miles of me. A long time ago, before I had an outlet but had a retail store, they had a policy that you couldn't return outlet stuff to retail but you could return retail to an outlet.

I'm glad I didn't reorder the hologram wallet on FOS now since I would have been stuck not being able to return the more expensive one I bought at FP.
Well, it stated that about the FP vs Outlet purchases on the receipt. But....

Coach.com states:
Returns to Stores

• Coach online purchases may be exchanged or returned to a Coach store.
  • New, unused, merchandise may be exchanged or returned (for a refund in the original form of payment) at a Coach Full Price or Coach Outlet store with an original online invoice.
  • Purchases made with PayPal or other 3rd party payment processers may be returned for a Coach Merchandise Card only.
Coachoutlet.com states:

RETURNS:

WHAT IS YOUR RETURN POLICY?

We want you to be completely happy with your purchase. If for any reason you are not satisfied, please return the item to us within 30 days of purchase in its original condition for a refund in the original form of payment or an exchange. Coach Outlet merchandise may be returned by mail or to a Coach Outlet store. All merchandise must be in new and unused condition.

New, unused Outlet merchandise may be exchanged or returned at any Coach Outlet Store with an original Coach receipt or mail order packing invoice.

New, unused Outlet merchandise may be returned for merchandise credit with a gift receipt.

New, unused Outlet merchandise may be returned to a Full Price store with an original Coach receipt or mail order packing invoice for a refund in the original form of payment. Merchandise returned with a gift receipt will receive merchandise credit.

Clear as MUD!

Reactions: whateve
Interesting, I have returned 2 outlet bags to a retail store recently, one today. They didn't even hesitate or question it. Maybe they will enforce it more after the holiday return period slows down.

I don't have a full price retail store near me either. So if we buy a FP delete, or transfer, as they like to say, at the outlet, does that mean we have to return to FP?

Coach is getting too crazy for words!

I don't have a full price retail store near me either. So if we buy a FP delete, or transfer, as they like to say, at the outlet, does that mean we have to return to FP?

Coach is getting too crazy for words!
I don't think that will be true. Wherever you buy it, that is where you have to return it.