Resizing Cartier ring - how'd yours turn out?

Oh yes, I understand now! Nothing is needed, only the ring. I just wore my ring to the boutique, took it off and gave it to my SA. I still have the certificate, the box etc. at home. BTW she just texted me today that I'll get my new ring on Thursday. I didn't expect it to be so quick, she's amazing!

Well if it's a new ring from a current style, they only need to open a draw no?

You asked a while ago.

How did it go?

I don't understand the answer the SA gave - not for a Trinity.

If it's the same ring, it may be straightforward for a Trinity to make bigger, they'll probably just stretch the rings. They can't do this if it has pavé set stones or the ltd ed ceramic. I also don't understand how they can make it smaller either since it's not a shank + setting, a circle needs to be a pure circle - in this case 3. They may as well melt it down and start again (which is why they'll often charge 60%) - but then they should be able to make any size.
I didn't go through with it because I figured it wasn't worth the risk of messing with the original design. I was a bit surpised too since the rings are intertwined so it'd be hard to work on each individually, but they must have a way since they offer the resizing. Very curious to see if anyone has actually had a trinity resized now!

I didn't go through with it because I figured it wasn't worth the risk of messing with the original design. I was a bit surpised too since the rings are intertwined so it'd be hard to work on each individually, but they must have a way since they offer the resizing. Very curious to see if anyone has actually had a trinity resized now!

There’s a pretty big thread discussing resizing a Trinity if you take a peek on search!

• Insightful
Reactions: papertiger
Does anyone know what the ring guard looks like? Is it a bead that they glue to the inside of the ring? Or do they melt it permanently to the ring? I have a love YG wedding band that needs to be a size smaller as I have lost some weight. Thank you!

Does anyone know what the ring guard looks like? Is it a bead that they glue to the inside of the ring? Or do they melt it permanently to the ring? I have a love YG wedding band that needs to be a size smaller as I have lost some weight. Thank you!
My SA showed me a pic. It’s like a maybe 1cm ish flat gold plate that’s melted perm on the bottom inner ring.

Reactions: ehy210
I am currently getting a 1970s Cartier ring resized. They charge 60% of the original retail price for resizing.

(I’m currently waiting to see if that holds up for vintage because it is a Diamond pave band, and my receipt shows that it was a $700 ring in 1974. I’m pretty sure it’ll cost more than $420 in bench jeweler labor)

I dropped the ring off at a boutique and they shipped it the to NYC workshops. I should get my estimate in a few weeks, and I was told it would be about a 3 month turnaround time.
Hi! Did you ever get a quote? How much did it cost to get resized?