Resizing Cartier ring - how'd yours turn out?

dbcelly

O.G.
Sep 30, 2009
Hi ! Has anyone had their ring resized by Cartier before? I've been looking at pre-loved and asked an SA if theyd' resize a trinity ring, she said yes but only by one size (up or down).

Hoping someone can share their experience: did they do a good job, does the ring look any different, will all the existing engraving (size, logo..) still be there?

I only found one thread related to resizing and it seems like on the love ring, they engrave the letters CS beside to ring size to show that it was resized?
Resizing Love Ring

Reactions: icedcoffee

Vintage Leather

Bag Lady
O.G.
Jan 30, 2007
Hi ! Has anyone had their ring resized by Cartier before? I've been looking at pre-loved and asked an SA if theyd' resize a trinity ring, she said yes but only by one size (up or down).

Hoping someone can share their experience: did they do a good job, does the ring look any different, will all the existing engraving (size, logo..) still be there?

I only found one thread related to resizing and it seems like on the love ring, they engrave the letters CS beside to ring size to show that it was resized?
Resizing Love Ring
I am currently getting a 1970s Cartier ring resized. They charge 60% of the original retail price for resizing.

(I’m currently waiting to see if that holds up for vintage because it is a Diamond pave band, and my receipt shows that it was a $700 ring in 1974. I’m pretty sure it’ll cost more than $420 in bench jeweler labor)

I dropped the ring off at a boutique and they shipped it the to NYC workshops. I should get my estimate in a few weeks, and I was told it would be about a 3 month turnaround time.

dbcelly

O.G.
Sep 30, 2009
I am currently getting a 1970s Cartier ring resized. They charge 60% of the original retail price for resizing.

(I’m currently waiting to see if that holds up for vintage because it is a Diamond pave band, and my receipt shows that it was a $700 ring in 1974. I’m pretty sure it’ll cost more than $420 in bench jeweler labor)

I dropped the ring off at a boutique and they shipped it the to NYC workshops. I should get my estimate in a few weeks, and I was told it would be about a 3 month turnaround time.
Thanks for sharing. Definitely looking forward to your experience.

Since the ring I was looking at is somewhat new (the owner purchased last year), I assumed and hope! the resizing will be at no charge. When I asked an SA about resizing in general, she said it's at no charge but maybe that was for new purchases..