Resetting Tiffany Diamonds from Three Stone Ring

Mine is I VS1 too and I can’t see any color in my stone. Your reset will look lovely! I can’t wait to see the ring and the earrings.
Thank you! Today, I purchased a preowned Embrace eternity band for a fabulous price! The dealer is someone who I have purchased from before and the ring was his wife’s. I traded in my smaller Tiffany & Co. diamond studs on this ring since I will have new larger diamond studs from the sidestones that were in my three stone ring.

The Embrace band should arrive next week but I will not have my new solitaire and earrings for three more weeks. I know it will be worth the wait to get my forever set. I also have the Metro platinum eternity band to wear for a different look.

Thank you! Today, I purchased a preowned Embrace eternity band for a fabulous price! The dealer is someone who I have purchased from before and the ring was his wife’s. I traded in my smaller Tiffany & Co. diamond studs on this ring since I will have new larger diamond studs from the sidestones that were in my three stone ring.

The Embrace band should arrive next week but I will not have my new solitaire and earrings for three more weeks. I know it will be worth the wait to get my forever set. I also have the Metro platinum eternity band to wear for a different look.
Congrats on the embrace band, I can’t wait to see all your pieces. Here is my set in the meantime to hold you over.DF17CA45-DD8B-4EF3-96F7-19BB35839402.jpeg

So, the unfortunate news is that Tiffany would not do new valuations on my ring and earrings because I am not the original owner. The good news is that they were able to complete my request and I have a brand new ring mounting with the serial number and carat weight engraved on the inside of the band. I will take them to a a local estate jeweler to have appraisals done.

I have very happy with the way the pieces came out! FYI, both platinum settings cost $1,700. I thought their prices were reasonable.

I am now waiting on my new preowned Embrace 2.2 mm half band.

Update…

After looking at my solitaire for a few days, I decided it was to plain to pair with my platinum Metro eternity band. I tried on the Embrace and although it is a very traditional and classic look, I decided I missed having sidestones. So, my ring is back in NY and the diamond will be reset into the Novo round setting with microwave sidestones. Hopefully it will look great with my Metro band. I am driving my hubby crazy with this project!

Update…

After looking at my solitaire for a few days, I decided it was to plain to pair with my platinum Metro eternity band. I tried on the Embrace and although it is a very traditional and classic look, I decided I missed having sidestones. So, my ring is back in NY and the diamond will be reset into the Novo round setting with microwave sidestones. Hopefully it will look great with my Metro band. I am driving my hubby crazy with this project!
I understand. I always found my solitaire needed company.:graucho: I love that Tiffany does this service. I was scared this would stop after being bought by LVMH. I hope they never quit offering this service. It's so affordable, too.

Reactions: hhw and Diamond2020
I understand. I always found my solitaire needed company.:graucho: I love that Tiffany does this service. I was scared this would stop after being bought by LVMH. I hope they never quit offering this service. It's so affordable, too.
Customer service quoted me a three week turnaround on my reset once I authorized the job. Today is the three week mark. Hopefully I will receive my ring back shortly!

The ring arrived on the 13th!!! I was surprised that it arrived on time since customer service toLd me it wouldn’t be back until the 20th but at long last my reset project is complete. I am still getting used to it but the Novo is very comfortable to wear and the diamond doesn’t sit up as high as the classic six prong setting. I am a slender, petite woman so I love the femininity and the lines of the Novo. It also matches my Metro eternity band perfectly!

Attachments

• 3A44505D-468E-41B1-AFA3-8E4E613762DB.jpeg
    3A44505D-468E-41B1-AFA3-8E4E613762DB.jpeg
    115.4 KB · Views: 146
  • F57A8C28-8129-4BC8-8CFC-8422F13DF735.jpeg
    F57A8C28-8129-4BC8-8CFC-8422F13DF735.jpeg
    116.5 KB · Views: 148
  • 5DAD02DF-DBAA-406D-AF75-E5EB89DEA1CB.jpeg
    5DAD02DF-DBAA-406D-AF75-E5EB89DEA1CB.jpeg
    150.6 KB · Views: 159
  • 02D4E173-0CA4-4F74-BE94-9D2C5C9EAC74.jpeg
    02D4E173-0CA4-4F74-BE94-9D2C5C9EAC74.jpeg
    133.8 KB · Views: 156
I enjoyed reading your updates about the resetting work. I have had earrings reset by Tiffany and they do a great job. It’s nice the work will be with the same company so they know exactly what they are working with and what similar materials are available. Nice photos and enjoy your updated jewelry! These are classic pieces.

Reactions: Diamond2020
I enjoyed reading your updates about the resetting work. I have had earrings reset by Tiffany and they do a great job. It’s nice the work will be with the same company so they know exactly what they are working with and what similar materials are available. Nice photos and enjoy your updated jewelry! These are classic pieces.
Thank you!