Red Bag - Soho Disco or GG Marmont

Thank you for the Intel. Unfortunately there's no Gucci store nearby. I only buy from the Gucci website. Do you know what colors are coming out in the marmont?
I don't remember all of them. I know there was black, white, yellow, red, a couple of different pinks, a couple of colors that she didn't know what they were based on their names, a dark green or dark teal (I can't remember which one), a black and white (two-tone) and that is all I remember.

Even if you don't have a Gucci or department store with a Gucci in it, you can always call one and they will be happy to help you.

Tough decision because I prefer the look of the marmont over the soho, but I like the subtle logo of the soho better.

Have you considered the bamboo top handle daily leather bag? My first red bag purchase will be the medium size but I think they have a smaller one. I personally think it's versatile, but I don't know if it fits the aesthetic you're going for.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    516.8 KB · Views: 795
Tough decision because I prefer the look of the marmont over the soho, but I like the subtle logo of the soho better.

Have you considered the bamboo top handle daily leather bag? My first red bag purchase will be the medium size but I think they have a smaller one. I personally think it's versatile, but I don't know if it fits the aesthetic you're going for.
It is a nice, understated bag. I'm just a little weird about bags with a top-handle and the strap. I don't know why. I'm weird I guess.

It is a nice, understated bag. I'm just a little weird about bags with a top-handle and the strap. I don't know why. I'm weird I guess.
Lol don't we all have our bag quirks? :P I'm weird myself about bags that can only be carried predominantly on the shoulder or crossbody. Good thing there's enough beautiful bags to go around for us all. Good luck in your decision!

Reactions: topglamchic
I am also looking for a small red bag and found a red leather with a stripe + bee. It has a leather handle which I like better than the chain, they can get heavy. It cost $1190 just a little higher than the Disco. The Disco bag is very popular, many of the Hollywood crowd have it. J Crew's new crossbody bag looks just like it, but it won't have the beautiful soft leather. I think that bag is a classic and will never go out of style. Gucci bags from 20-30 yrs ago still look good today.

No contest in my opinion--the Marmont. It's classier and more interesting to me, and I definitely think it has a 70s vibe. I recently purchased the black shoulder version (it's on it's way to me!) as an upgrade from my 1973 chain bag (pics of both attached). I adore the 1973 hardware, but couldn't find it in a larger size. The version I bought can be carried as a shoulder or a crossbody bag, which is a big plus for me.

I know I'm in the minority, but the Soho Disco is just blah to me. Functional yes, but interesting or beautiful, no.

All that said, I wouldn't buy the Marmont for casual, primarily daytime wear. It's an evening/statement bag for me.

IMG_1470543482.771384.jpgIMG_1470543498.879148.jpg

I, too, am considering the very first bag that you post in black with the chevron leather. I saw it yesterday at the boutique and placed my wallet, 2 eyeglass cases, key fob, tissues, phone and lip gloss in it and it all fit perfectly. I am seeking a bag to wear in the evening that is chic and on the small side. I only saw it in cream, yellow and black. I hope to get it in the red since I can see that as a year round color. I also loved that it has a 70's vibe especially since I gave away a bag just like this years ago.

I don't remember all of them. I know there was black, white, yellow, red, a couple of different pinks, a couple of colors that she didn't know what they were based on their names, a dark green or dark teal (I can't remember which one), a black and white (two-tone) and that is all I remember.

Even if you don't have a Gucci or department store with a Gucci in it, you can always call one and they will be happy to help you.
Hi do you know if will be available in nude or blush colour? Im also finding disco bag in blush colour someone knows when i could buy it? Many thanks :smile:

I love the chevron marmont in red. I almost bought it the other week, but wasn't yet available. So I got the Tropical,mini bag instead. It is still on my radar though, so it gets my vote.

I really love the GG Marmont collection. I looked at them the other day and so many sizes to choose from. The camera case style is so cute and it would hold so much more than the wallet on a chain style.