Recs on brands/designers to check out for a black leather flap bag w/black hardware?

My go to brands for dark gunmetal hardware are Bottega and Coach 1941, both have flap bags, just not sure if the hardware is dark enough for your liking
I've been exploring quite a lot of Coach options! Even non flap bags, despite what I said in my initial post. I think they're a strong contender!

N

Not sure if quilting is a must, but, if not, I got this from TJ Maxx:

Flap bag, black hardware.

Quilting is not a must. Your bag is beautiful! It's not on the TJ Maxx website, but I will definitely keep my eye out for something similar next time I'm there!

I was going to reccomend the Parker. I like everything but the Clasp is a little tricky to open, not as easy as the non-C version. It is a great looking bag.

There is a plain Akris one too. https://www.neimanmarcus.com/p/akris-anouk-day-small-cervo-calf-shoulder-bag-prod215170093
The gunmetal on mine is really dark. It is also mostly leather lined, which I prefer.

I also like the Ferragamo but Iike slimmer bags. I have been ponderjng that for a while.
Thank you for your input on the Parker! It's a strong contender. I'm actually also considering the Dreamer and the Swagger (though I'd need to get the Swagger pre-loved). I know neither of them are flap bags, but they're beautiful!

The plain Akris is gorgeous! In the photos, the hardware looks lighter than what I'm looking for, but I'm happy to hear it's dark on yours. It looks like a great bag

I love the Ferragamo, but it is a bit bulky. I thought about that too, but I still love it!

Stella McCartney Falabella. Black on black. Gorgeous!
Agree that this is gorgeous! But, this is another one that isn't leather, and I really want a leather bag. :sad:

Reactions: OogleAtLuxury
I've been exploring quite a lot of Coach options! Even non flap bags, despite what I said in my initial post. I think they're a strong contender!

Quilting is not a must. Your bag is beautiful! It's not on the TJ Maxx website, but I will definitely keep my eye out for something similar next time I'm there!

Thank you for your input on the Parker! It's a strong contender. I'm actually also considering the Dreamer and the Swagger (though I'd need to get the Swagger pre-loved). I know neither of them are flap bags, but they're beautiful!

The plain Akris is gorgeous! In the photos, the hardware looks lighter than what I'm looking for, but I'm happy to hear it's dark on yours. It looks like a great bag

I love the Ferragamo, but it is a bit bulky. I thought about that too, but I still love it!

Agree that this is gorgeous! But, this is another one that isn't leather, and I really want a leather bag. :sad:
If you're looking for something a little closer to the YSL - maybe this MK could also work -

Reactions: Sheikha Latifa
If you're still looking at options, Coach had a bag called Drifter that came in black with black hardware AND it's a flap bag! I've had the satchel for 2 years and she's holding up great, there's a small scratch on one of the feet but that's it! Interior is black leather.

You'd have to get it preloved though, here are some pictures (crossbody and satchel size):
Side note: The strap is SUPER adjustable. On the satchel the crossbody strap has 7 holes.

Attachments

• m_5a8f3c2a3b160809855572f8.jpg
    m_5a8f3c2a3b160809855572f8.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 62
  • 91cUt+SlzBL._UY395_.jpg
    91cUt+SlzBL._UY395_.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 61