Recommend a purse for $1500 or less;

Another vote here for Fendi By The Way - love this bag! Being petite I went with the piccolo (small) size and it's "only" $1400. She's plenty roomy, light as a feather, very comfortable, and the leather is durable - I'm not worried about scratches with her. Check the thread in the Fendi forum (I have a few mod pictures there as well) :smile: http://forum.purseblog.com/fendi/anybody-who-is-buying-has-bought-way-bag-870621.html

Thanks so much!

fells weird to say "only" doesn't it? ;) haha

going to look at youre pictures now!

How tall are you?
:smile:

Thanks so much!

fells weird to say "only" doesn't it? ;) haha

going to look at youre pictures now!

How tall are you?
:smile:

Right?!

I'm 5'1" (155 cm). I was afraid the piccolo wouldn't be big enough, but after hearing how some girls felt the grand looked too bulky on them, didn't regret the small, she carries what I need on a daily basis.

eta: Oh - check yenny90's reveal too - she got the tricolor grand and it looks great on her http://forum.purseblog.com/fendi/reveal-love-at-first-sight-879179.html

If your not too much of a leather fan; Stella Mccartney Falabelle tote. It seems quite popular where I come from and the look really appeals to me! It's heavy though. Price is around 1000USD I believe...

If you can squeeze the budget a little more my vote goes to Bal city :smile:

If your not too much of a leather fan; Stella Mccartney Falabelle tote. It seems quite popular where I come from and the look really appeals to me! It's heavy though. Price is around 1000USD I believe...

If you can squeeze the budget a little more my vote goes to Bal city :smile:

Well I can squeeze the budget ;)
I'm going to check out the Stella.
However I will probably have to order it online and I'm not a fan of heavy bags :sad:

Do you have the bal city?

Another vote here for Fendi By The Way - love this bag! Being petite I went with the piccolo (small) size and it's "only" $1400. She's plenty roomy, light as a feather, very comfortable, and the leather is durable - I'm not worried about scratches with her. Check the thread in the Fendi forum (I have a few mod pictures there as well) :smile: http://forum.purseblog.com/fendi/anybody-who-is-buying-has-bought-way-bag-870621.html

Heh was just about to post a link to that thread - it's the one that piqued my interest in the By The Way as well! Great to hear that the leather seems to be holding up well, now I am seriously tempted :happydance:

Right?!

I'm 5'1" (155 cm). I was afraid the piccolo wouldn't be big enough, but after hearing how some girls felt the grand looked too bulky on them, didn't regret the small, she carries what I need on a daily basis.

eta: Oh - check yenny90's reveal too - she got the tricolor grand and it looks great on her http://forum.purseblog.com/fendi/reveal-love-at-first-sight-879179.html

Oh you're tiny :smile:
Haha, I'm about 5'6, Do you think it will still look bulky if I get a larger size?
Are there three sizes?
I'm reallllly loving this purse.

P.S.
LOVE your coat lady!

Heh was just about to post a link to that thread - it's the one that piqued my interest in the By The Way as well! Great to hear that the leather seems to be holding up well, now I am seriously tempted :happydance:

Yes get one and post lots of pics! Fairly certain I'll end up with a turtledove too lol - she's just too irresistible :amuse:

No issues. But it's only a few months old, and I alternate bags.. a lot.

I'm in NYC. LV canvas bags are part of the scenery here. You can't go more than two blocks without seeing one (real and fake). So yes, I totally understand.

But the truth is, there's a reason so many people use them- they really are durable, much more so than leather. They're also very light.

I was in Florida for two weeks. Took my LV to the beach every day and the bag is still in perfect shape. I would never take my Bal bags, or even my Tiffany tote to the beach.

I do remember the days when you weren't a fan of LV canvas... glad that turned out well for you :biggrin: I would never take any of my Bals to the beach either.

BTW, we have an upcoming activity on BI - not sure if you're interested to participate (participation is not mandatory :P). We have until midnight to submit our entries. Just letting you know in case you're interested to join ;)

Oh you're tiny :smile:
Haha, I'm about 5'6, Do you think it will still look bulky if I get a larger size?
Are there three sizes?
I'm reallllly loving this purse.

P.S.
LOVE your coat lady!

Oh haha at 5'6" I think you'll be fine - like I said it looks great on yenny90. I believe there are just 2 sizes.

I guess the tricky part is when wearing her cross body because of her shape and structure, she juts out a little. Not like a nice, squishy balenciaga that molds to your body (and yeah - I recommend bal too, but you wouldn't be able to wear a City cross body - you'd have to do a Town, Velo, or Part Time for that).

But front-on, I think the shape of By The Way is so different and sexy :smile:

I've seen pics of BPC's tiffany tote - it's beautiful too and keep meaning to check them out.

I do remember the days when you weren't a fan of LV canvas... glad that turned out well for you :biggrin: I would never take any of my Bals to the beach either.

BTW, we have an upcoming activity on BI - not sure if you're interested to participate (participation is not mandatory :P). We have until midnight to submit our entries. Just letting you know in case you're interested to join ;)

Lol.. Maice, I still can't "admit" I'm a fan.. :whistle:

about to send you a pm.

I'm not someone who really wants to spend a huge amount of money on a purse.

Could you recommend a purse for around 1500 or less?
OR
What bag to avoid that you bought that was around 1500 or less to prevent people from making the mistake?

Try the site for Smythson of Bond Street. I was just in their NY shop and they have a few styles of gorgeous that are under $1500.

If I want to invest in just one bag, it needs to be versatile and iconic. A few thoughts:

1. Bal black Classic City. Buy it from ******. With a 10% coupon, a brand-new one is $1,300. Bal City is iconic, versatile and has a high resale value.

2. I have to say LV canvas is really great: light-weight and easy to care for. Mono and DE print also goes with many different outfits. Neverfull and Speedy are both good options.

3. Chloe black or rock medium Paraty. It should be < $1,500 if you buy from ******. It is also an iconic bag. The shoulder strap option is awesome.

If I want to invest in just one bag, it needs to be versatile and iconic. A few thoughts:

1. Bal black Classic City. Buy it from ******. With a 10% coupon, a brand-new one is $1,300. Bal City is iconic, versatile and has a high resale value.

2. I have to say LV canvas is really great: light-weight and easy to care for. Mono and DE print also goes with many different outfits. Neverfull and Speedy are both good options.

3. Chloe black or rock medium Paraty. It should be < $1,500 if you buy from ******. It is also an iconic bag. The shoulder strap option is awesome.

This is such a great thread! I agree about LV. I have 2 neverfulls and a speedy b. But I'm on the hunt for my first bal now. Would you mind telling me how to get the 10% off coupon for ******? Thanks. :smile: