Reasons why you love (or hate) Goyard St. Louis GM

I love my St. Louis GM. I was hesitant about the size at first and originally thought that the PM size would be a better fit for me but I've grown to love it. I'm also a new mom so I love the extra space and the ability to carry a changing pad, wipes, hand sanitizer, water bottle, etc. When wearing it, I think the strap drop is perfect and the bag is comfortable. However, when I look in the mirror, I still do think the GM looks big on me but it functions for what I need it to.

I also bought the PM size after I got the GM because I thought the GM was too big and I wanted more of a purse. Apparently, downsizing wasn't a good idea because now I think the PM is too small :lol:. The drop on the PM works for me too but the GM is definitely more comfortable. I think I'm going to use the PM more when I have less to carry.
Hi
Is the strap for the GM longer? I have the PM and the Short strap is the one thing that annoys me.

Reactions: doni
I have had two GMs and two PMs. I sold both of my GMs. I’m 5’4” and felt that the GM size was overwhelming on me. Even with the sides tucked in, it seemed to look sloppy. I bought the first GM to use as a diaper bag, but never used it that way because it did not seem durable enough for that use. I even considered the mm size artois,but after trying it on it seemed huge. Fine for traveling but not as a diaper bag.

My PM sizes are in great shape and I use them often. None of the issues that people complain about. It is durable but not a workhorse bag. If you keep that in mind and don’t overstuff them or weigh them down, you shouldn’t have any issues with durability. Hope this helps!

Thanks for all the invaluable info in this thread!
I have been wary about all the quality concerns but I believe I am ready to buy the St Louis, a bag I have been eyeing forever. It really seems to be the best alternative to the Neverfull (which I own but not really use), I love the print, and I am now reassured that even if bad things happen to the straps or the corners, Goyard will repair it.

I am leaning towards the GM only because of the handle drop. I am petite and the PM would probably be better but I want to wear this tote comfortably over blazers and coats. Am I right to assume this will be easier with the GM? I don’t plan to stuff it as a rule, and I am hoping it will sag and fold so as not to look that big. One of the things I like about the St Louis is how unstructured it is.

I am already in contact with a SA in Paris and is it wrong to say, when he told me the price (for GM classic black with black trim) I thought: what a bargain?! :P I knew I would always want this bag from the store (and would have gone to Paris for it if not for corona), but I have done some research on pre-loved Goyard (given that their website is amazing at not giving any information). Can anyone explain to me why a well used St Louis should be more expensive than one from the shop? Don’t get it...

Reactions: c18027
I have been wary about all the quality concerns but I believe I am ready to buy the St Louis, a bag I have been eyeing forever. It really seems to be the best alternative to the Neverfull (which I own but not really use), I love the print, and I am now reassured that even if bad things happen to the straps or the corners, Goyard will repair it.

I am leaning towards the GM only because of the handle drop. I am petite and the PM would probably be better but I want to wear this tote comfortably over blazers and coats. Am I right to assume this will be easier with the GM? I don’t plan to stuff it as a rule, and I am hoping it will sag and fold so as not to look that big. One of the things I like about the St Louis is how unstructured it is.

I am already in contact with a SA in Paris and is it wrong to say, when he told me the price (for GM classic black with black trim) I thought: what a bargain?! :P I knew I would always want this bag from the store (and would have gone to Paris for it if not for corona), but I have done some research on pre-loved Goyard (given that their website is amazing at not giving any information). Can anyone explain to me why a well used St Louis should be more expensive than one from the shop? Don’t get it...
Here's some information re: pre-owned pricing. Best of luck with your new GM!
Previously Owned Goyard Pricing

I ❤ My GM! I use it as my everyday bag. The straps sit comfortably on my shoulder and I like how the bag sits against my body. I did purchase an organizer and a base shaper to help with structure and it’s definitely not too boxy.

View attachment 4799328
I have the same one! I have never used organizer but i am considering to get one for this bag (from zoomoni) do you like using it with organizer inside?

Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 9.18.55 AM.png
I am also leaning towards the GM because of the strap drop and noticed it definitely looks less overwhelming once you put a couple things inside!

Side note- is your SA in Paris able to ship out to US? do you mind sharing your SA's info?

Reactions: doni and MahaM
View attachment 4882881
I am also leaning towards the GM because of the strap drop and noticed it definitely looks less overwhelming once you put a couple things inside!

Side note- is your SA in Paris able to ship out to US? do you mind sharing your SA's info?
I have no idea, I am in Europe.
I could pass you the name of the SA by PM, but he is writing to me from the vente-a-distance email address, which is what I contacted. I had a reply very promptly after I sent my query and he has been very responsive all the way. The email is this:

[email protected]

I have had two GMs and two PMs. I sold both of my GMs. I’m 5’4” and felt that the GM size was overwhelming on me. Even with the sides tucked in, it seemed to look sloppy. I bought the first GM to use as a diaper bag, but never used it that way because it did not seem durable enough for that use. I even considered the mm size artois,but after trying it on it seemed huge. Fine for traveling but not as a diaper bag.

My PM sizes are in great shape and I use them often. None of the issues that people complain about. It is durable but not a workhorse bag. If you keep that in mind and don’t overstuff them or weigh them down, you shouldn’t have any issues with durability. Hope this helps!

Do you use the PM as a diaper bag? I’m 5’2 and am nervous about getting it and actually want to use it as a diaper bag because I think the PM would be too small.

PM is too small for a diaper bag imo. The GM size is better for that purpose, but it is a flimsy bag so I would expect it to show some corner or strap wear. My Goyard st . Louis have no visible signs of wear and I use them a lot but I don’t carry anything heavier than a water bottle and I use an organizer. The St. Louis model is not a workhorse bag, but it’s a great bag.

Reactions: kikiii_24
PM is too small for a diaper bag imo. The GM size is better for that purpose, but it is a flimsy bag so I would expect it to show some corner or strap wear. My Goyard st . Louis have no visible signs of wear and I use them a lot but I don’t carry anything heavier than a water bottle and I use an organizer. The St. Louis model is not a workhorse bag, but it’s a great bag.

That is my one worry with the St. Louis, the flimsiness! Although, I wouldn’t carry anything heavy in it as my diaper bag. I’m trying to decide whether the Artois in MM would be better than the St. Louis GM because of the structure and thicker canvas...z